06 625 smc new owner w/ some questions

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by 4x4runer, Nov 23, 2012.

1. 4x4runer

4x4runer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi all, new here and to riding in general. I recently bought an 06 625 smc in decent condition. It came with the 5 gallon tank, heated grips, extra plastics and some more odds and in. All the blinkers, speedometer, horn, were taken off so I'm slowly adding that stuff back on so I can get it inspected. I've put on new tires with help from a friend, regeared it from 17-40 to 16-42 and put a new chain on, changed the oil and thats about it so far.
    I mainly ride in Central VA on the blue ridge parkway/SNPand twisties to work and back, and a few trails close to the house.

However, crashed last weekend on atv trails and ripped off the clutch and decompression lever, the switch for the lights/horn/kill switch, wire for the heated grips was damaged, mangled the hand guard, and not sure what esle yet. I came out with a slightly sprained wrist. I had to push the bike up a hill, get a rolling start, jam in it first and limp the bike home. All in all not to bad, could have been alot worse. All in good fun. Now I want to repair and put some bling on.

Is there a better clutch master cylinder than the stock magura? What about the 9.0 vs 9.5 vs 10.5 clutch master. I saw a clutch lever that bends out of the way if crashed. I like the sickass switch for the light/horn switch. Thanks for some replies.

Cheers
    Sid
  2. tdreyer

tdreyer KTiM

Oddometer:
    Got your replacement stuff sittin' in the garage:D
  3. bmwktmbill

bmwktmbill Traveler

Oddometer:
    Sorry about your crash, consider folding mirrors with your new setup.

I feel for you guys with the hydraulic clutch. Is swirching to a manual impossible?

17/42T is real nice for road tripping if yu don't have to do too much off road steep stuff.

bill
  4. 4x4runer

4x4runer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sent you my phone number. Off till Wednesday. Call anytime. Email me your address. Thinking I will get the clutch lever that will flex and it's orange.