You know you're a 950 owner when…

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by apeirce, May 29, 2010.

1. fmfpunk

fmfpunk Hooligan in training

Oddometer:
    When you look forward to putting on a new rear knob 'cause it will kick ass in the dirt. And you try to go easy on it, but it inevitably wears out. So you go thrash on your favorite twisty road and not feel guilty about burning up your rear tire.

And then you put on a fresh knob 'cause.......
  2. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
    really? I believe it was a good deed I performed, how could I with a clear conscious let a good friend go on riding the KLR :wink:

You know you are a 950/990 owner when you put your 400 throttle cam back on in the hope it will be easier on the back tire because you are weak weak weak and have no will power to restrain your right wrist in the dirt :shog
  3. Tha Rick

Tha Rick Shake and bake! Supporter

Oddometer:

Doh!!! cop in a mustang on hwy 285. Before speeding away I gave him a sample of used Skoal long cut mint.

He caught up to me on a red light coming into Berthoud, light turned and so did his...a warning about obeying speed limit's.:clap

True dat...:deal

Edit: cops are Copenhagen guy's!!
  4. boxertwin

boxertwin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Your KLR buddies call it the "E Tool" because it leaves a trench out of every dirt road corner.
  5. Qwik

Qwik Adrenaline Addict Supporter

Oddometer:
    Throw on a set of the Conti Trail Attacks. Im gonna be callin CJ for another set of Peg extensions.
  6. olec

olec Rookie

Oddometer:
    ...when you do your early morning commute with a really dirty bike, number plates still on (with numbers of course), real knobbies mounted, transponder still transmitting, realizing you didn't do anything coming home from the race the day before.

... when the speaker (organizer) of the race goes through the starting list and wonder if the bloke with the 950 is lost or have misunderstood something

... when you plan to do a upcoming two day race, but instead of hauling it there, you want to ride it there, but realizes you won't be able to fit the spare wheels, tire changer, gear and some extra clothes on the bike, but instead of giving up, give it one more try and one more...and one more. (probably going to end up I'm leaving with the bike race ready and just bring some extra underwear and credit cards. OK, mayeb the tirespoons, so I can flip the rear for the second day)

... when your planned route instantly can change if you meet some other orange bikes (which almost never happen up here).

... you have started to order rear ties in batches of three instead of just one.
  7. Qwik

Qwik Adrenaline Addict Supporter

Oddometer:
    Truth!
  8. olec

olec Rookie

Oddometer:
    One more:

... when your collegues start to ask questions when you're going to make up the lost workhours due to repeatedly one or two hours early leave from work

... when your wife at the same time starts asking questions how long this 'working overtime' phase will last on work.
  9. Bob59601

Bob59601 Bob59601

Oddometer:
    .....when you have been pulled over by the man twice in the 3.5 months of owning the bike after surviving more than 20 years without seeing the flashing lights in the rear view.
  10. 209ktmdude

209ktmdude Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You know you are a KTM 950 Adventure owner when you ride by a herd of cows on the back roads and all 25 of them stop chewing and stare at you as you ride by, and you can swear you hear one of them saying to the other one; "Thats a nice KTM bro"

And you know you are a 950 owner when you are riding your 180 MPH Ninja ZX10R and you remorse at not taking the KTM like you have negected your wife at home or something. And when you get home you go straight past the wife and see how the 950 is doing.

You know your a 950 owner when group of Harley owners, and a 10 year old kid walk around your bike checking it out at the hotel and you can swear they are all baffled
  11. Buggles

Buggles Adventurer

Oddometer:
    When your bike is being trailered to your new home abroad, and you can't sleep until they call to tell you it's arrived in one piece!

JB
  12. TA-Zappa

TA-Zappa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    .... when passing parked, expensive cars with alarm, you drop a gear and twist the throttel. It just completes the deep roaring sound with the high pitch screams of the alarms that are set off... :D

/Zappa
  13. markie_wales

markie_wales Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ...you are willing to enter a "discussion" with your wife about a 950SE vs new curtains purchase.

If you see me admitted to hospital[1], tell me it was worth it.

cheers

Markie

[1] not caused by the SE.....
  14. el' hefe

el' hefe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In putting this feeling in context, it feels similar to a pack of crows that start to screech as they see a predator approaching!! That's right kids, the Katoom is in the hen house!
  15. Hobbes950

Hobbes950 Darth Kitten

Oddometer:
    I'm at the gas station, my hubby on his GS, me on my 950, and he says, "You know, every guy in this lot is jealous of me." I replied, "It's not just having a trophy wife, it's how you accessorize."
  16. 924sas

924sas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  17. Iwantabikesobad

Iwantabikesobad Long timer

Oddometer:
    my 4 mile ride home took 23
  18. kdscoates

kdscoates Long timer

Oddometer:

:rofl :rofl :rofl
  19. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    You get back from a 3000 mile ride/vacation on your 950 and the highlight of the next day is the ride to & from work.
  20. 209ktmdude

209ktmdude Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got it, and its very cool:

[​IMG]