Triangle Tag o' Rama - Let's Play!

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by JerseyBiker, Mar 24, 2010.

1. chainslap

chainslap BlessedarethesicK

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear about your accident Walker. Hope you continue to heal quickly.

Yep. I was on leadmine. Traffic was insane with that accident at creedmore.

Yall have a nice weekend.
  2. easy_dualsport

easy_dualsport Easy E

Oddometer:
    Tag #773

Who is Isham Chambers? The end of his road told me nothing and I could not get to the boundary.

[​IMG]

--Easy
  3. schnabba

schnabba Long timer

Oddometer:
    eh - stuff happens. Can't worry about it, control is an illusion... and the universe makes fun of us all :D

Besides, it's hard to milk the whole "rockin the crutches" thing if your leg isn't really cracked! Now, I got me some shopping to do, and some pretty ladies to find who will hold doors open :evil

good tip on the durable medical goods... I'll check aetna and see what I can get out of this thing!
  4. Chad_NC

Chad_NC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Walker glad to hear your spirits are up. I'm not riding for a different reason. Time is not on my side right now. Got the new tires on the bike, they are worn in ok, got the chain adjusted right after being to tight and not on the bike since :huh
    The crutch thing is a good idea, my doc offered me an electric wheelchair thingy. Maybe I should go for that :D

You got this via Crapatalk :D
  5. schnabba

schnabba Long timer

Oddometer:
    I used to not be a positive person , but that sucked so I changed. I have broken my ankle worse on a motorcycle and my wrist and arm even worse than he ankle.

Life has a few low moments - live for the other ones!

Ok - since I cannot ride - time for beer!
  6. STBNE

STBNE Scooterrazzi

Oddometer:
    WTF??? Is this a tag thread or a frickin chat room...you all go ride .........I think we need our own mindless dickery thread to cut down this un necessary chatter:rolleyes:

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2
  7. STBNE

STBNE Scooterrazzi

Oddometer:
    Walker...I was wondering where you've been...sorry to hear of the innury...glad it isn't serious considering the alternatives...ok enuf chatter c

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2
  8. Flashback

Flashback Mommys Lil Monster

Oddometer:
    I have not been on the bike in 2 days. I try not to ride in this good weather. I'd rather be doing other stuff like jogging in 95 degree temps, fishing, or surfing.

Now give me 30 degrees with freezing rain and ice and I'm happy as a clam in the saddle. I think that's a holdover from the military days when I'd spend hours hanging out of a helicopter over the cold north pacific in a dry suit with ice crystals forming on my helmet microphone in 60 mph winds that were barely above freezing.

Loved that job. Never had a better or more fulfilling job since, will never get the chance to do it again. We all have regrets and choosing to get out of the military to go to college always been one of mine.

You know this one time we were pulling a couple off a sailboat about 500 miles west of Seattle when a set of rogue waves came through. I shit you not that I saw the hoist cable go slack and next thing I knew the wave was bearing down onto the helicopter. The sailboat was suddenly above us too. Never had that experience before, never since. I lived for those kinds of days. Didn't realize how happy I was and how satisfied I was with my job until it was over and I couldn't go back.
  9. Chad_NC

Chad_NC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is it just me or does Flash's stories remind you of that old story teller from Rocky and Bullwinkle Show?:rofl:rofl:rofl
  10. schnabba

schnabba Long timer

Oddometer:
    yeah - you guys know how I am about "less talk, more riding!" 2 weeks and I can walk on it.... but don't want to set it back.

I'll be riding before the middle of july.
  11. RevBill

RevBill Irreverent Reverend

Oddometer:
    .. hell, I just keep praying none of them start off with "this one time, at band camp" ..
  12. STBNE

STBNE Scooterrazzi

Oddometer:
    :rofl:roflthats pretty intrepid :eek1 :eek1
  13. schnabba

schnabba Long timer

Oddometer:
    it does sound pretty cool. I work with computers. Boring and it sucks.

That sounds rockin.
  14. lonewolf97

lonewolf97 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Has anybody got a better map of the tag borders than the one on the first page? I wouldn't want to get banned to Va. :deal I hope you guys are kidding about that.
  15. Flashback

Oddometer:
    Check the link in my signature line.
  16. schnabba

schnabba Long timer

Oddometer:
    click on the link in flash's signature - he has the google maps link for the boundaries... you can zoom in and everything.

I think people here are a little more forgiving. If you get out and ride, grab and tag, it's all good. You might get some ribbing for it - but keep it moving man!!!

here is a different version I have bookmarked
  17. Flashback

Oddometer:
    Yah that's mine too. I had almost forgotten that I'd made that map.

And if you want to download it to KML you can do so using this link:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6qmJKfI_sBMZ0FMblVieGFWaFU
  18. STBNE

STBNE Scooterrazzi

Oddometer:
  19. schnabba

schnabba Long timer

Oddometer:
    hey - I'd be out there taggin - just can't figure out how to keep the crutches strapped nicely to the bike! :evil

awesome pics there benny!
  20. Chad_NC

Chad_NC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Duct tape, lots and lots of duct tape:D