Dual Sport fairings from Britannia Composites

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Ian B, Mar 15, 2008.

1. SportsGuy

SportsGuy icanhazdirt?

Oddometer:
    You have an email, sir. :)
  2. Dan Alexander

Dan Alexander still alive and well

Oddometer:
    :clap
  3. SportsGuy

SportsGuy icanhazdirt?

Oddometer:
    Fresh pics of the newest Lynx design for folks to oogle...

Love the deeper recess for the lights, and the new lense protector.

I'll suggest we all ignore the "forks" here... or maybe Ian is working on some fancy upgrade kit for them he isn't telling us about... ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. DiscoDino

DiscoDino Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks sharp! Seems the transparent screen mounting is the same...any black/full-tint option with a reverse lip at the very top? That would look/work sharp...
  5. Harty

Harty Bloody Good Bloke!

Oddometer:
    My Lynx arrive for my 690, 31 days after Ian sending it out, all down to bloody UK customs and ParcelForce having too much work on apparently! :becca

This was meant to be my xmas project! Anyway rant over, I had a day off yesterday and set to fitting the Lynx, as well as my Garmin Montana, heated grips, USB charger, and relocation of my fuel mapping switch all onto the new dash. I opted for the HID dip beam and halogen high beam.

Here's the pics:
    This is a comparison of the OEM light unit:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dip Beam
    [​IMG]

Main Beam
    [​IMG]

MESSAGE TO IAN AT BRITANNIA: I NEED ONE OF THOSE NEW PROTECTORS ASAP!!
    [​IMG]

Will it fit mine and if so, when will it be ready to buy??

Cheers
  6. christian

christian Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great pictures, thank you!

1- Any reason you have the cycra handguards "curve" below the clutch/brake cable instead the normal "above" position? is it due to the Lynx fairing? or personal choice?

2- Doesn't the brake cable bumps into the Montana when riding and the fork compresses?

3- for the 12v plug - wouldn't the male connector for your device interfere with the brake cable?

Thank you
    Christian
  7. Ian B

Ian B Fairing Manufacturer

Oddometer:
    So, Is the white 'theme' some sort of premonition of the new UK landscape ? Looks great !
    I suspect your question about the new stone guard is going to be the first of many and I'm afraid the initial answer is 'no':cry, the new fairing and guard have been designed together. However, I'm going to look into a way of creating a kit to make it fit the existing Lynx. Watch this space !

Seeing the power socket reminds me of another improvement in the works. Shortly, all Lynx wiring harnesses will come with 2 fused 'pigtails' that can be used for powering accessories and I will be supplying the power sockets as well. This means that accessory installation will be largely plug 'n play which will help the 'electrically challenged' guys out there !:clap
  8. christian

christian Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is this the February time frame or later?
  9. Ian B

Oddometer:
    Yes to February, but the fairings are likely to be ready to go before the new harnesses are here. So, people who are getting the power sockets will get the new wiring harness and may have to wait until the end of feb, whereas those who aren't, will be getting the fairings in the next couple of weeks.
  10. christian

christian Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks -

side question, would a KTM 690 fairing work on a KTM 640 Enduro?
    Reasoning being, I have a 640Enduro and planning to upgrade to a KTM 690
    I wouldn't mind getting the 690 fairing and use it on my 640E, and when the 690E comes to me, swap the fairing.

Any chances you have the KTM 690 fairing mounting point pictures?
  11. Harty

Harty Bloody Good Bloke!

Oddometer:
    Hi Christian

1. Congraulations you won!! Bit of a 'balls up' on my part there!! Now rectified :becca

2. Nope it doesn't actually move, but I am going fix some rubber hose on the brake line, just in case

3. It's a 12v double usb charger for my iphone and compressor, so the usb plug is very small in comparison to a 12v plug

[​IMG]

Cheers

Harty
  12. christian

christian Long timer

Oddometer:
    really? even when you compress the suspension? like jumps and stuff.
    it's got to be moving... I ask because I had the issue the brake line was catching the GPS in some weirdo time.

Nice - I need one of these...
  13. Ian B

Oddometer:
    Yes, The 690 fairing ( both existing and new Lynx ) are completely the same as the 640.

No photos yet of the fastening points for the new one. Email me if you want the installation instructions ( britanniacomposites@shaw.ca )on the existing one, although it's a bit irelavent if your looking at the new one, because it fits differently at the bottom. There's no cutting or permanent alteration to either bike.
  14. christian

christian Long timer

Oddometer:
    email sent - thank you
  15. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any chance of getting a side by side pic of the new vs the old fairing?
  16. jaywoo

jaywoo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've had the globe go on the low beam HID unit, the markings on it, "A1DA HID 35W" aren't bringing up a globe spec on the internet so I can replace it. Anyone on here know where I can get one?
  17. Ian B

Oddometer:
    Well, it's been a long time and a lot of work, considering how similar the new Lynx looks to the original ! but by the time I was finished, there wasn't a single surface that remained the same !

Here are some shots of it in different colours, but none mounted to a real bike yet.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The fairings will start to go out to the guys who have them backordered this week. Although the website still shows the older version, all colour choices, decals, light spec etc remain the same as does the Price, so ordering can still be done from the website. The only additional items on the new Lynx is the optional stone guard ( $38) and the choice of clear or tinted screen.

Hope you like it !

Cheers

Ian
  18. Kainic

Kainic Almost there

Oddometer:
    Looks good!

Any word on new 2 headlight fairing for the f650gs single?
  19. Ian B

Oddometer:
    Still looking for a bike to use, but it will definitely be a version of this fairing.
  20. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    Looking good! Is there any way to mount that stone guard to the old version? :lurk