Kriega USA Luggage Q&A

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by amanlikemike, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got the Kube already. Am I able to use my hydration bladder(out of the Hydro 3) in the R-25?
    Looking forward to getting the new pack!!

Cheers
  2. amanlikemike

amanlikemike Recovering Speedfreak

Oddometer:
    Yup. Sits right in the outer pocket, attached at the top with a clip or loop, (which fitment is in there depends on how old the R25 and reservoir are, but you can always get a fit). The tube just routes out of the top of the zipper and over your shoulder. So, now I come to think of it, I need to send you one of these to secure the tube to the front of the harness.

[​IMG]
    I'll get one in the mail tomorrow.

Cheers,

Michael
  3. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OWwUZLuoh9U" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

Just a little chilly fun with a Tiger 800 and a Kriega R20...
  4. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:

WooHoo............thanks Mike!!!
    The beer in the fridge is still cold whenever you get a chance to come up here!!

Thank you very much!!!
  5. Steveo.

Steveo. Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just picked up a few more Kriega bits today and while going through my new R15 and putting the bladder in, I noticed there isn't anything to secure the hose with on the front of the pack. Am I missing something, or do I need to do up something like the photo below? The bag's going to get a workout on the dirtbike and I'm not a fan of being whipped all day by hydration line.
    [​IMG]

Here's the photo (I thought the iPad was supposed to take decent photos?) of the current collection. Adding another US10 as soon as the heat dies down from this last purchase. :freaky

[​IMG]
  6. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    That's a good start!!! :rofl

Wait until you become a real addict!:eek1
  7. Steveo.

Steveo. Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :ricky
    My "touring" setup usually consists of a couple days worth of clothing and my credit card, so I don't imagine I'll need much more. :D Right now I've got enough gear for the street and the R15, US5 and tool roll are going to be on dirt bike duty. This weekend should be a good test. :ricky
  8. team ftb

team ftb Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well just had a huge box of Kriega bits show up:thumb.

[​IMG]

Loads of gear to go through. On initial glance I'm very impressed with the quality of stiching and materials utilized, first class stuff.

Sadly off to England for two weeks tomorrow so no real time to take a proper look at everything. Can't wait until my return.
  9. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    Awesome ftb!
  10. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    The key word is "need". :lol3 :rofl

Seriously, that kit covers so many travel options that it is unlikely you will need much more.
  11. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:

That's the proper American way. :D

Is that a small or large bum-bag there?
    I look forward to hearing how the luggage system performs compared to GL.
  12. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    Hi Steveo,

The Hydrapak should have come with a Velcro Tube Locator included / attached. The female Velcro is wrapped around the tube, with the male tab stuck to it. You then wrap the male part around the harness webbing (right-hand side is usually the best bet because it's easier to reach across your body to grab the tube than it is to pull it directly up, all without taking your hand of the throttle of course! :evil) and slap the tube on it to keep it in place.

Let me know if you don't have the Velcro and I'll mail it out to you STAT.

Cheers,

Michael
  13. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    Indeed it is!:rofl

And that's the R8 (eight liters with included, removable tool roll) you can see there, but Team FTB also picked up an R3 as well, so you'll probably get opinions on both.

This is a different deal to GL. Some might prefer their gear over our (horses for courses and all that), so - while much of it covers the same applications - it's more about whether or not it does the job the rider wants it to. I reckon it will.

Stay tuned! :D
  14. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    :deal
  15. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    Pics or it didn't happen! :wink:
  16. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    Yyyyuuuup! Even though I sell the gear, that photo still makes me feel Christmas just came early. Nothing like a big box of bike gear being delivered! :freaky

Thanks for trusting Kriega - I'm looking forward to hearing your assessment on your return from the gear's homeland.

Cheers,

Michael
  17. SOMA Man

SOMA Man Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Michael,

I am seriously considering purchasing the Overlander 60. My current pannier rack is the Holan balanced rack. Is the Overlander 60 compatible with the Holan racks? Thanks.
  18. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    Hey SOMA Man,

Thanks for dropping by.

While we didn't use a set of Holan racks as a basis for R&D, and I have not yet examined a set myself, I strongly suspect that the Overlander 60 will attach just fine.

This is based on the fact that the Twalcom lads did some test riding for us on 990 Adventures using Holan racks and the Overlander 60 worked perfectly. So, if the dimensions of the 'hoops' on the F800 GS racks are broadly similar to those of the ones they make for the 990 (which they appear to be - certainly in the most important area of having an 18mm tube diameter), you'll be good to go.

So, to sum up: I'm 99% sure that combo will make a pretty sweet set-up.

Let me know if you need any more info at this stage.

All the best,

Michael
  19. SOMA Man

SOMA Man Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Michael,

Awesome:clap! That was the answer that I was hoping for. I'm going to go ahead and place an order. I'll post some pics and a review after I spend some time with them. Thanks for the quick response.
  20. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:

Michael;

I recieved this the other day and also picked up my used R25..........all looks good and thank you once again..........funny how even the larger R25 just disappears when you don it!!

Cheers