Fishwrites.com - My new motorcycle adventure book - ADV discount

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by pilo, Jan 13, 2012.

1. pilo

pilo Rhymes with below

Oddometer:
    After years of procrastination, a little over a year ago I began documenting a motorcycle adventure that happened over 15 years ago. 3 of my best friends and I went off for a weekend of camping and riding in the Appalachian mountains and got stranded in a freak snowstorm. We were soaked, frozen, and the trip switched from fun to deadly in the blink of an eye. I wrote the story and peppered it with pictures and more than a few entertaining motorcycle stories from our college years.

[​IMG]

I have 5 coupons for free copies of the ebook. If anyone would like to read the book and would be willing to post a review on Amazon and Smashwords if you enjoy the book (the review can be identical), I would appreciate it. Send me a PM and I'll send you the link for the coupon.

I also have a 50% coupon that is good until Feb 13 on Smashwords and a 20% coupon for ADVr's that is permanent.

You can read the first 10 chapters for free at both of the sites below.

Amazon: Click the link to the left to go to the Amazon site for my book if you own a Kindle or your device has a Kindle reader (Kindle has readers for lots of devices including computers).

Smashwords: Click the link to the left to download a copy that can be used on different ereaders (nook, Sony ereader, Apple iBooks, and even Kindle). This is also the only site you can use the coupons.

50% ADVrider Smashwords Coupon - AA93Y - good through Feb 13, 2012
    20% ADVrider Smashwords Coupon - WS75D

All of the proceeds from the book goes towards other motorcycling adventures including my recent solo of the Baja 1000 (documented on ADVrider)

Go to my website at www.fishwrites.com to see samples of some of the other articles and stories I've published.

Thanks and stay warm.

-Phil Walker
  2. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    PM Sent
  3. AKwriter

AKwriter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Always happy to help another rider/writer. I'll shoot you a PM for the code if you have any left.
    Stay safe,
    Marc
  4. AKwriter

AKwriter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got the download from Smashwords. Nice story. Enjoyed it.
    Marc
  5. danman

danman Tumbling Dice

Oddometer:
    PM sent
  6. 650rider

650rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in if there is a copy?

650rider:clap
  7. pilo

pilo Rhymes with below

Oddometer:
    Thanks to everyone who sent me a PM about the book. I'm all out of free coupons now, but the 50% code still works.

Marc - thanks for taking the time to read the book. I appreciate your review.
  8. nxdirtbag

nxdirtbag Commuter Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bump for a great book.

Pilo,
    I might be a little biased, but I love the book. I rarely read, and even more uncommon is reading a book in just a couple sittings, but this one kept me reading. This is also the first time I have read an ebook other than the Bible. It worked great on my old pocket dell using mobipocket reader (free download).

Thank you for writing our great story,
    NX
  9. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    Just finishing off the book. So far I'm loving it, very good story telling.
  10. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    Purchased. Review coming.
  11. danman

danman Tumbling Dice

Oddometer:
    The speed and intensity of the storm was amazing. And I can't believe the woman wouldn't let you in her house to warm up after you crawled up to her door covered in ice....

read it as an ebook (ibooks) on an ipad, and the photos looked good too...
  12. rinconrider

rinconrider Sir Crash-a-lot

Oddometer:
    bought and read. felt like i was there and shared in the adventure. thanks for writing that. served as part entertainment, part warning!

wes
  13. pilo

pilo Rhymes with below

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the kind words. If anyone would be interested in posting a review on Amazon, that is always helpful.

Danman - I think I was less frustrated by it at the time likely because I wasn't really thinking too clearly. Maybe if when I collapsed in the front yard if I didn't get back up she might have helped me...maybe.

My book has also been submitted for the Nook, Apple store and Sony ereader and should be available within 2 weeks at those sites.

Thanks again.

-Phil
  14. pilo

pilo Rhymes with below

Oddometer:
    Just letting everyone know that a print version of the book is now available on Amazon. The ADV discount still works for the ebook.

http://tinyurl.com/AmazonFour

The book also has a snazzy new cover.

[​IMG]

Thanks to everyone who has bought and read it.

-Phil
  15. pilo

pilo Rhymes with below

Oddometer:
    Hi all - many years later the book is still for sale and is now priced at $2.99 on Kindle/Amazon. Many that have read it have enjoyed the tales. Here is the link.

-Phil