SPRING SALE! Trail Stand - Enduro and Dual Sport Portable Jack Stand

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by sTE610vE, Jan 2, 2010.

1. sTE610vE

sTE610vE First on the brakes, last on the gas... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks Hunter-Douglas! It's on the way!:D
  2. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Great Picture Yellow Pig! And that's a great looking 690 with the Rally Raid fairing and tanks! :clap

3. PineyMountainRacing

PineyMountainRacing Oops....

Oddometer:
    Hey Steve, the care package arrived Saturday. My internet is pretty sketchy up here so i don't know if my email got sent. Thanks for taking care of me. Props to Steve and his trail stand, I wouldn't leave home without it!

PMR
  4. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Thanks PMR :D
  5. Boianovich

Boianovich Old and Cautious

Oddometer:
    I lost part of the trail stand last week and need to use it this week to swap out new tires. Steve was so quick to help, that I'll have fresh knobbies ready to roll tomorrow night.

Not only is the trail stand an essential part of any tool kit, but his customer service and willingness to work with me/you, is a benchmark we all should strive for.

Thanks Steve, you are the man!:clap:clap:clap:clap
  6. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I try to help out my customers when I can, I do appreciate your business!

Just to let folks know, I'm running low, late summer rush has hit and I can cover the orders I have but soon there will be a short wait for the next run of Trail Stands.
    Thanks again! :D
  7. wimj

wimj Wannabee adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just ordered one. I'm a little worried about stability but it never rains when you're bringing an umbrella so no worries! :D
  8. Boianovich

Oddometer:
    Don't be. It supports my 500 pound dirt bike no problem. :rofl

It's more about how and where you locate the stand, not on how rugged or beefy it is.
  9. Buster714

Buster714 I'll ride anything

Oddometer:
    FINALLY ordered mine today. I've been watching people use this thing for a long time now, and it works every time. Same as above, I'm saving weight and money on buying this over a centerstand and it should do just the trick. No more laying the bike down to change flats. Looking forward to it. Keep up the good work.
  10. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    +1

Riding with some friends in MI and we used one (my first time) quite a few times. Worked amazingly well each and every time.
  11. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Hi Wimj,

The use of the velcro strap to lock the front brake makes rear wheel lift and wheel removal very stable. Since all bikes are different front wheel lifts vary and it is up to you to decide if it will work and you are confident when lifting the front wheel.

Some tips are that the more upright the bike is the more down force on the Trail Stand the better the stability. This means that it might be a good ideas to put something under the kickstand so the bike is not leaned way over on the kickstand which takes weight off the wheel that you are not working on. Also when lifting the front wheel you can place something next to the right side of the rear wheel which will stop the bike from wanting to rotate around the kickstand. This can be a decent sized rock or a riding buddies foot if available.

Please let me know if you have any questions on use.

Steve
    ESP llc
  12. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    I have let everyone with an order in that I am waiting for the next run of Trail Stands to arrive, I expect them in about 2 weeks. If you would like to order I will send your's as soon as the arrive.

Thanks for all the orders!
    Steve
    ESP llc
  13. steveWFL

steveWFL Long timer

Oddometer:
    Placed order, thanks :D
  14. Hunter-Douglas

Hunter-Douglas rube

Oddometer:
    I got the stand a month or so ago. No occasion to use it yet, but I thought tonight i'd play around with some positioning.
    First off, I learned that my GS 'Tao has a side stand that sits a bit further forward than a lot of other bikes on this thread. Provides a few extra challenges with getting the balance right as the bike sits a little back heavy if you use the usual spots. Also, disclaimer: I have a ghetto puck bolted to my side stand.

Getting the front off the ground is very easy indeed.
    [​IMG]

Given the side stand position, though, the back took a little more finagling to get off the ground. This spot would work if I weighted the front a bit more. It's hard to tell in the photo but the bike is balanced pretty much right down the middle (not stable or ideal for working on either end)-
    [​IMG]

My solution for the back- Maybe not traditional, but for this bike, it works just fine. Stable even when I gave the thing a good wobble!
    [​IMG]

As long as there's no issue stacking it under the linkage, then we are good to go. Pretty sure it's solid. My other option was under the passenger peg, but things got a bit interesting at that point (but it worked).

Thanks!! Nobody got time for those center stands.
  15. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the pics Hunter-Douglas,
    I new the Sertao was a little different with the positioning of the sidestand but I didn't realize it swung that far forward that you could lift the front wheel but placing the stand in the area normally where you would to lift the back wheel!

Heres the Important Point: In the last picture you show the Trail Stand under the linkage, this should not be a problem but you have the cradle in upside down, insert the other end, the one with the hole for the hitch pin in it into the rod of the Trail Stand this create a spot where the cradle can rest on itself and keep more of a "V" shape. Let me know if you need more explanation.

Always us the front brake strap when lifting the rear wheel.
    Quite frankly I'm not sure I will recommend the Trail Stand for the BMW singles after seeing these pictures, since the balance points seem so different from other bikes on their kickstands and there is not the usual postions to place it for its use. It is up to you to decide if the stabiliy is good for your bike as with any motorcycle you use it on.

Thanks for the order Hunter Douglas send me a pm if you have concerns.
    Steve
    ESP llc
  16. steveWFL

steveWFL Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Steve,

I placed order on 8/21. Curious if you're confident I should have it by 1st week of October?

Hoping to have it and play with it a few days before my trip across the country on a single cylinder thumper. Thanks :D
  17. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Just an update, I should be able to ship next week, a short run is at the platers with a larger run to follow. If you have recieved and email from me before this post about shipping when I get them then yours is good. A few orders I have gotten in the last couple of days will have to wait until the followup larger run.
    Sorry for the delay folks, I'm a small part time business and so is my supplier, but I know I like to get things asap after I order so I really appreciate the patience of the advrider crowd! The vast majority of the time I have them to ship but I do hit a few spots when the orders come in bunches and are hard to keep up with.

Thanks again!
    Steve
    ESP llc
  18. sTE610vE

Oddometer:
    Yes that will be no problem! Yours should be on the way in about 1 week and it will get to you in 2-3 days after shipping.

You (and all orders for that matter) will get an email with the shipping and tracking info the day I ship.

Thanks again for the order and patience SteveWFL!
    Steve
    ESP llc
  19. Boianovich

Oddometer:
    Here are some pictures from when I did my last tire change:thumb

I use the non threaded hole by the rear brake mount
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I use the stock crash bar for the front
    [​IMG]

I just like this picture :1drink Almost look like it's floating.
    [​IMG]
  20. TobyG

TobyG SlothRacing.eu - Travel and Racing Products

Oddometer:
    Just placed an order,
    lubing the chain by rolling the bike around, stopping, spraying, rolling it a bit further, stopping, spraying.......
    gets kind of annoying after a couple of weeks on a trip :D
    smilin jack likes this.