Prescott November 6- trail hints

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by bikeslut, Oct 30, 2012.

1. bikeslut

bikeslut Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bob- did a short Ride Report if you'd like to add pictures or commentary
  2. rattlecan

rattlecan Caffeine Driven

Oddometer:
    That's a coincidence. The same thing happened to me two years ago too. :rofl

[​IMG]

10-4 on the ride report Bob. Only had a couple more pics.
  3. Viper210

Viper210 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I will be visiting Prescott this December 22-30, 2012. I'm going to be spending Christmas at my inlaw‘s place. This will be my third trip to Prescott. First time Feb 2010 and second time in Nov 2011. While I was there, we took the Hummer and road through some really nice areas that I imagined would be amazing on my DRZ400S. A couple of the areas that we rode through close enough to "home for the time being" was The Prescott National Forest (minutes away) and Sedona riding on red dirt to some ancient Indian dwellings open to the public. I am seriously considering bringing my DRZ400S to do some DS riding while there this year. I’m looking for DS companion(s) in the area who share the same passion of exploring and would like to show me some of the best trails and sites for an intermediate level rider from South Texas. Not looking to do any rock climbing or anything too extreme. Just want to have a great adventure on the bike while there. I’m plated and road legal. I’ve got nothing obnoxious but have done the 3x3 mod, re-jetted and running the Yoshi RS2 full exhaust. Hope that won’t be a problem in the parks. Here's a picture of my deezer I will be taking this time around.
    [​IMG]
  4. BIG-E

BIG-E AKA; Mongo-E, Sexy Grande Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Viper,

Bring that purty thing out and we will not, absolutley not show you any rocks or anything too extreme, I promise....:deal:lol3

Dude, thats all we got here.

Anyway she will not go home looking as sweet as it is now if'in you do any ridin' wih the Rattlecan, I can garantee that!:lol3
  5. rattlecan

rattlecan Caffeine Driven

Oddometer:
    sos dd

[​IMG]
  6. Viper210

Viper210 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This photo was taken when she was younger and cleaned up. She's been shiney side down plenty in the past year. I ain't sceeeered.:evil Just don't want to be climbing sheer cliffs of rocks or blazing through areas I am unfamiliar with just for locals to see the "out of towner" f*&ck himself or his ride up. AZ is more extreme then south Texas I agree. But I'll push myself hoping my new friends will limit my damages and take me under their wing....If not look for me in late December. My rear tire tread looks like this XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  7. bikeslut

bikeslut Long timer

Oddometer:
    I also ride a DRZ, and the routes rattlecan took us on were great; nothing extreme at all, but a number of the trails have LOTS of loose rocks.. stand up, keep on the gas and power through, and you'll be fine

we rode a moderate pace, and my DRZ was absolutely up to the task- rattlecan will NOT steer you wrong. Showing an out of towner your riding area is a privilege and Bob did it right. Started on some easy trails, then stopped to make sure we were ok with the pace and the terrain... we said, hell yeah, let's go... and we did;

When I show out of towners my areas, I always start out really easy, and gradually ramp up the trails until they say "that's enough" (Or I say it; "that trail is really hard, ride that... I'll meet you on the other end")
  8. bikeslut

bikeslut Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bob... is that really you again? THREE broken wrists? you need to take some Judo lessons or something :lol3
  9. DurtKlod

DurtKlod Long timer

Oddometer:
    Uhm, yeh. I've seen your slow pace across the res and I couldn't even keep up with your dust! :rofl
  10. AZ TOM

AZ TOM Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Busted:D
  11. Viper210

Viper210 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Getting ready for the trip to Prescott Az. Plan on riding the DRZ through the national forest to Skull Valley, through Jerome to Sedona to visit more indian ruins and to a few ghost towns. That's the plan anyways weather permitting. I'm going to aim for the December 26-27 as my adventuring day while visiting family for the Holiday.

[​IMG]
  12. AZ TOM

AZ TOM Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bring your snow tires:D
  13. Viper210

Viper210 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah...I heard.