Renazco secret

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by karviet, Mar 8, 2013.

1. outfront

outfront Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1
    James is building a tall ergo with the orange dart on the side for my 990R for me; it should be done any day now.
  2. v8toilet

v8toilet Nothing to see here.

Oddometer:
    I've had 3 Renazco's. Two of them have been used for multiple 400-700+ mile days back to back. I rode the one I have currently over 5,000 miles in 10 days with no complaints.
  3. Dualsport Crazy

Dualsport Crazy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Outfront,

Great.... James is doing mine with the orange dart as well. Except mine would not have the suede top due to the kind of weather we have out here. He is doing it with a matt finished vinyl on top & the side would be a rougher finish with an orange dart.

Please put up some pictures when you get yours.

Cheers :freaky
  4. BigNastybrp

BigNastybrp Big Nasty

Oddometer:
    well it did say 950 under it so I could be as old as 2004 I think? So my Kitten is now a old cougar. its still good still better than the stock.
  5. johnno950

johnno950 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great people to deal with,and fantastic product!
    [​IMG]
  6. DSM8

DSM8 Where fun goes to die....

Oddometer:
    I have had three of them two suede one vinyl.

On three different bikes. In all cases the build quality was top notch, the materials all held up over thousands of miles off road (these were all on dirt bikes) and all made a huge difference in the comfort of the bike for long rides.

All I can say is waiting aside their quality is at the top and would stand against any other seat builder in my opinion.

I also have had corbin and one other I cant recall the name of and they too were a huge improvement over stock.

That said, you cant go wrong with these guys but there are alternatives that might work better in your individual case.
  7. KHVol

KHVol Long timer

Oddometer:
    Similar experience here...
  8. crazybrit

crazybrit Defying any self identifying

Oddometer:
    Is this the original, or the wider "dual-sport" seat? Originally there was only the narrow original style, then James started offering the wider/lower dual-sport one. Anyways, just saying that there is more than one Renazco style so some specificity is helpful!
  9. rossguzzi

rossguzzi Started on Montesa.

Oddometer:
    Very familiar scenery. Warburton Track?
  10. Phil in K.C.

Phil in K.C. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My 950 came with the stock seat and a Corbin the PO got just before he decided to sell the bike. The Corbin did not fit may ass at all..traded it to an inmate for his stocker and some $$... took that seat to a locale seat builder who had done one for me on another bike that I liked...Could not ride that seat 25 miles before everything below my fat belly would go numb...Called James and we talked about what I wanted and what he thought I needed, sent Sonia some $$ and a few loooong weeks later I had this....Orange stitching and and carbon fiber sides...only have 200 miles on it but it is a keeper.

[​IMG][/IMG]
  11. KatoomUSA

KatoomUSA n00b

Oddometer:
    im interested in some pix of a seat that has an orange dart on the side and some info on what was done to the seat that You have sent as well:ear
  12. Blue&Yellow

Blue&Yellow but orange inside...

Oddometer:
    Since you're usually sending your seat to them it's no wonder that by the time you finally get your seat back it seems like a 19th century gentlemen's ox-leather recliner complete with accompanying whisky and cigar table. :deal
  13. Phil in K.C.

Phil in K.C. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thats why you have more than one seat!!
    Oh, and make mine Makers Mark!
  14. KHVol

KHVol Long timer

Oddometer:
    Probably the original..it wasn't any wider than the stock seat, slightly less roll to the top, slightly firmer
  15. Qwik

Qwik Adrenaline Addict Supporter

Oddometer:
    Then he sat on mine and went "Wow thats soft" I have had mine on the bike for about 30K miles.