Snail Trails 3rd Anniversary (sort of) ride - Woodford Sun 24 March

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Strummer, Feb 27, 2013.

1. xronly

xronly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    thanks again strummer for putting this ride together,from the dust masks and the fluro follow me on the back of ya head at the breif ,was all organized well,well my highlights were the sound of 50 + bikes cruising through the main drag of woodford,specially the big 4 stroke thumpers,watching the more experienced riders hangin the ass ends out round the corners while i was doin corner man duties,the help that was given through the bog holes,sandy lanes lollies,just riding amongst that many bikes was grouse,was good to meet people that were just doin what i love to do,looking forward to doing it all again oneday,cheers
  2. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Long timer

Oddometer:
    I had a great time, glad to meet new people and catch up with friends, the best part for me was getting led through glasshouse into places I hadn't been before by people who know that place like the back of there hand, thanks.

I had to take off at the end to watch my boy play footy, so I didn't get to shout the pie I owe Andy_P, bummer about him coming off too.

:lol3:lol3If only everyone rode 690's, the trails would be a better place:lol3:lol3
  3. Strummer

Strummer Snail Trailer

Oddometer:
    <object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3GWCXJ4q80o?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3GWCXJ4q80o?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  4. Young-Gun

Young-Gun KTM Tragic

Oddometer:
    The last snail trails ride I went on was a very well organised ride about 5 weeks ago led by B1, sadly I came to a similar fate as Andy but I dare say at a much slower speed and no bone shatterings, I do however have a fully ruptured ACL. On that ride, that guys were great and Gary (don't know your username mate) was a great help in getting me home and looking after my bike until I could collect it... Anyway, preamble over, my highlights from yesterday:
    - getting to do a ride that was stimulating but not too risky, got to do some nice bits of tracks I'd never seen before
    - My knee held up just fine, I'm awaiting surgery through the public health system; in the meantime my newly purchased POD knee braces are doing the trick
    - I love to be of any help I can, with a busted knee I'm glad I was still able to assist in getting Boo's bike upright in the sand. Also glad I could be part of PeterGG's plan to get Tinky back on the bike, what good is a trailer if you don't offer people a lift :D
    - Being on the younger side of the average age, I can see that amongst you lot, I will have riding buddies for many years to come :clap

Awesome job Strummer, thanks again!

(It's 9.05pm now, hit "Submit Reply" then watch the video fingers crossed!)
  5. Lupine128

Lupine128 That's MR Band Aid!

Oddometer:
    Hah, I remember that one. Mick kept running out of fuel and I kept running out of track on the DL. I miss that old bus.
    Was great to catch up with everyone and I only needed the toolkit of doom3 times all day. And one of those was on Boo's which probably should count twice.
    Glad everyone had fun and I'll see you all for the next one.
  6. Baric

Baric Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/w4OqxVbQNMg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  7. Goosefeather

Goosefeather Captain Slow

Oddometer:
    Great production . . . both video and the ride . . shame I missed it

[​IMG]
  8. DRAndrewB

DRAndrewB Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great video and song Strummer!! Thanks to all it was a great day with a great bunch of people.
  9. Eddywoodgo

Eddywoodgo two wheeled nomad

Oddometer:
    That is sooo cool you guys! What a great job. Its nearly as good as the ride!:clap:clap:clap:clap
  10. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Long timer

Oddometer:

Hahah love that one Barry, did you notice me shoot off to the right with my rear fishtailing under brakes at a moment of madness I had at 2.50 on your vid.
  11. Baric

Baric Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Paul I had no idea who it was that missed the corner .
    Do you feel better now you have been to confession?
  12. Boo82

Boo82 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Was yet another awesome ride!! You guys do a great at organizing and running rides, thanks taking time to do it. Also a huge thanks to Clacka and...... Troy &#128541; and the others who were there to pick my bike up off me, everyday I get up and find another small bruise.

How is it Baric that you managed to capture nearly all the carnage?! Watching your video and at one point the was just bikes strewn all over the side of the track.

Looking forward to the next one.:clap
  13. Hmm1966

Hmm1966 Graham DRZ400E

Oddometer:
    Looks like you all had another awesome days ridding organized by Strummer, I was very disappointed that I missed out on this ride and an opportunity to catch up with some old mates from previous rides. Will have to make sure I'm available for next ride.
    I did have a good ride today on the road bike at the Black Dog Charity Ride which I had previously committed too and there were a Massive 525 Bikes on the ride from Helensvale to Mt Alford just out of Boonah.
    A lot of money raised for a great charity.
    Just watched the Video Strummer posted, looks awesome, I must get the DRZ out and have a play in the Mud very soon , I think.
    Hopefully catch up soon with you all for another Adventure in the Dirt.

Stay Safe.
    Graham
  14. Strummer

Strummer Snail Trailer

Oddometer:
    Thanks mate, and yep, you should!
  15. Bumblebee1000

Bumblebee1000 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It was good to get out and meet a few more guys/girls. I think the day was run smoothly which surprised me with the amount of riders so congrats mate. Also like the video good to see you put bumblebee AssClowning a bit lol.

The wife has already but here request in for another bike after she saw all the girls on the vid. Just have to wait until she pops the kid out (May) and everything is settled.

Are you still intending on doing some more technical stuff after Easter. I'm happy to play recovery team to pull people out/up whatever if I can make it.
  16. Bumblebee1000

Bumblebee1000 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry if I sprayed you full of shit to. It's a bit hard not with that thing though lol.
  17. Strummer

Strummer Snail Trailer

Oddometer:
    I've started a ride report thread here

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21034760#post21034760

Could everyone paste their photos, videos or recollections there from now on?

Would be great to hear your individual stories too, how you came to be on the ride, best part of the ride, hardest part etc etc.
    I didn't get a chance to have a good chat with everyone (gee, ya think?... 56 riders!), so would love to hear a bit about you.
  18. Hardhead

Hardhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    Eddy... I have photos of another day where the Big GS did well... Do the words "Cancer Ride 2010" and "Mt Buggery" ring a bell?

You did well that day too. :clap
  19. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    Was that Eddy, on that slightly slippery Mt Buggery Rd that day? :lol3
  20. El Ponkin

El Ponkin Bloodrunner

Oddometer:
    I think Todd rode the big GS more than Eddy that day, but Eddy repaid him fairly by burning the clutch out on the Kawa. Then entered the Dominator but that's another story.:evil
    Andy