Attempted murder charges filed...

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by firebug24k, May 20, 2013.

1. RedShark

RedShark Long timer

Oddometer:
    A U D I = Asshole Usually Drives It
  2. Dranrab Luap

Dranrab Luap Gruntled and Imperturbable

Oddometer:
    I'm just now working my way through this thread and haven't read all the responses. I feel certain it has been pointed out to you that this is utter hogshit by now, but just in case it hasn't, I will now.
  3. ManiZ

ManiZ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hmm...where is the "I hate all cops" crowd today?

Hats off to the off-duty cop; he likely saved other people's lives from this douche. Even better to hear the couple escaped with their lives.

I had an asshole kid in an SUV cut me off (rear bumper grazed my right knee) at a traffic light recently. Pulled over and called it in; plates/make/model/driver's description and all. An officer came and took my report then called the next day to say the PD from kid's jurisdiction paid him a visit and he was scared shitless to see them (cop's words). Perhaps he will be more careful now.

That incident is why my Contour ROAM2 arrived in the big brown truck today. I will be filming every ride from now.
  4. PalePhase

PalePhase Humour Noir

Oddometer:
    Congratulations on surviving your close encounter with the stupid kind, ManiZ. I've had similar close calls, most recently with a VIB (Very Important Bitch) who would have hit the sidecase on the left side of my bike had I not been in gear to move up a couple of feet in a hurry. A guy I used to work with had a similar encounter that left him with a impressive conversation piece of a bruised knee. He was not thinking quite as quickly as you were to get that driver's tag, though she was kind enough to roll down the window and lecture him briefly on being in her way. Too bad our laws frown on slapping such sphincters with wrenches. :thwak Unless you can clean house on someone financially for such misbehavior, I think the only thing that ever really gets their attention is an experience that scares them so badly they're scarred for life.
  5. SkiFastBadly

SkiFastBadly A beer? Yes, please

Oddometer:
    That's an interesting point. I have made a point of making my unhappiness with people who turn left in front of me, refuse to signal, refuse to yield, etc., VERY clear, usually with a combination of the horn and the finger. The other day I was following a truck on a two lane and when I got to a legal passing zone, the fucker pulled into the middle of the road cutting my lane off. Several miles later, s/he turned left at a gated entrance, and while waiting for the gate to open I stopped behind him/her and gave them the biggest bad ass look a 58 year old guy on a Ulysses can give someone in a truck with truck nuts. I could sense they were pretty nervous.

But recently, in my car, (I won't mention the make in THIS thread) a douche turned left in front of me at a green light and I had to hit the brakes. I hit the horn and gave him the single digit salute, and holy crap did my wife get mad at me..."he could have a gun, he could be nuts...." I tried to make the argument that I was trying to impress him with his douchebaggery, but she wouldn't have it.
  6. viverrid

viverrid not dead yet

Oddometer:
    The riders have now been appropriately educated. I doubt they will blow their horn, yell at, and flip off any cars near them again. Look what happened to them after they did.
  7. viverrid

viverrid not dead yet

Oddometer:
    No, it will just result in the loudmouth bully types open-carrying and being even bigger assholes to everyone around them because they figure nobody will dare mess with them since they're open carrying.

And if anything does go down involving "thugs", they guy open carrying will just be the first one shot. Taken by surprise before he can even draw.
  8. Tor

Tor Making Life A Ride, One Corner At A Time

Oddometer:
    Maybe it's just me, but it really don't sound like that great of an idea :deal
  9. Exevious

Exevious Competitive Shooter - Team FCO

Oddometer:
    Winner winner... chicken dinner!
  10. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    Looks like the streets of San Diego are heating up with the weather. We've got another road rage turned into attempted murder: LINK

FFS, if someone pisses you off in traffic, let it go. It's not worth being seriously injured or your life. :puke1
  11. lgajohnymac

lgajohnymac Ride wrench wait

Oddometer:
    A couple hot heads with this mentality results in innocent fatalities. An armed populace is not the answer to bad behavior.
  12. RobH

RobH Don't tase me bro

Oddometer:
    I'm glad I read this. It is a good reminder that while we have every right to zip in and out of traffic (safely), there are sometimes lunatics out there who might be offended and do something totally insane like this guy. It's best just to sit back and be patient until you can get around them and go on your way.

I hope that crazy kid gets locked up for his own good.
  13. UnsureFooting

UnsureFooting Title of User Here

Oddometer:
    WRONG!

An armed society is a polite society.

:D
  14. lgajohnymac

lgajohnymac Ride wrench wait

Oddometer:
    That aint working so good for gangs in chicago. Polite people are polite regardless of their gun possession status.
  15. pretbek

pretbek Long timer

Oddometer:
    I prefer my polite society kindness based, not fear based.
  16. eatpasta

eatpasta Lawnmower Target Supporter

Oddometer:
    How many cops are there in SD@?@?@ another cop witnessed this?!?

good to hear the guy is going to be ok but WTF?
  17. SgtDuster

SgtDuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Since the biker was intimidating and tried to kick his car, maybe he could claim the stand-your-ground law...

:hide
  18. henshao

henshao Bained

Oddometer:
    And when you win the lottery, I'm expecting you to turn the money down. Ya know, 'cause you prefer to earn it.
  19. PalePhase

PalePhase Humour Noir

Oddometer:
    Moving vehicle standing ground :confused ?? Ow, my bwain huwts! :lol3
  20. SgtDuster

SgtDuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    ;)