Touratech Canada Stealer in Montreal

Discussion in 'Canada' started by smeagol, Mar 9, 2009.

1. MCMXCIVRS

MCMXCIVRS Long timer

Oddometer:
    I notice all the prices on the web site include both GST and PST. Since I don't live in Quebec, they should not be adding the provincal tax into the prices.

I tried to deal with them last year on the warranty repair of my TT tankbag. After much run around, they gave me the go ahead to get it fixed locally but never paid me for it after I sent them the bill. It wasn't a big expense, so I never pursued it further, but I won't forget either.

I also tried to find out about buying a Revit suit earlier last year and they never responded to my requests at all. I ended up buying the suit while I was down in the US. Then after destroying the same suit two months later in a wreck, I bought another identical one from the same shop in the US by mail. Just for not bothering to show interest in my request they lost out on the sale of two suits.

I think I'll continue to find somewhere else to get accessories.
  2. Dan Alexander

Dan Alexander still alive and well

Oddometer:
    I can't say my dealing there have been good but after 20 years I'm trying to forgive them.

Way back in 1988 I put a deposit on a BMW and over the course of the winter made a few more totalling up to about $4000. One early spring week I call and say get the bike ready, I'll pick it up this weekend. Guy comes on the line and says we don't have it any more. Turns out it was very common for them to they take multiple deposits on bikes and then sell to whoever brings the balance first. I tried to get my $$ back but the sales manager told me he had just finished a law course and that if I wanted my money I'd have to take them to court. :eek1
    It was spring and my money was tied up and I wanted a bike so they brought a bike over from another dealer but it was beat up so I refused. Eventually they sold me one of their salesmen or mechanic's bikes. It was a 85 K100RS and eventually turns out it was run endurance style around Montreal to prove how tough they were. Bike gave me quite a few problems and ever since then they reamin way out of my good books and only buy there when I don't have any other choices. Screw someone once and the memory remains for a long long time. I could have spent 1000 times the amount they made off that deal if I was treated fairly but no more my friends :deal :deal
  3. mixedup

mixedup Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    fwiw, about a month ago i got a quote on a TT seat from the canadian dealer and was told 6 weeks or so to receive. i ended up ordering from the u.s... with hopes of receiving it sooner (which i did), and hopes for an early spring! anyway...all said & done, it probably would have been cheaper to order from the canadian dealer (but much faster from the u.s. who shipped to the UPS depot for pickup).

next time i'll try via canada...

edit: it DOES look like the prices have increased...it would no longer be cheaper to buy from canada.
  4. smeagol

smeagol Beemer Virgin

Oddometer:
    So i got my reply from the TT manager there in Montreal... I sent him a frustrated email asking why, after only 3 weeks had my $2000 order turned into a $2500 order.

All I got in response to that was a simple "there has been a price increase recently"

No shit. Jesus...

and then he proceeds to try to hide the increase in smoke and mirrors about taxes and shipping costs... which I didn't quite understand, as taxes in Quebec are still the same, and the shipping cost is added after the fact... so basically he was :topesing and wouldn't just say the bloody base prices for EVERYTHING went up...

This is total foolishness!! If they weren't the only distributor in Canada, I'd go elsewhere. What is this dude's issue?
  5. Dan Alexander

Dan Alexander still alive and well

Oddometer:
    Go elsewhere anyways?? :deal

What exactly are you buying? Saddlebags, buy Jesse's or Micatech's or Trax. There isn't anything you can't get online and no doubt at a better price and with better service.
  6. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had a brief encounter at motointernationale in September while on an 8300km ride from Newfoundland.

I roll up, the store says "open" so I go in and look around the day after being turned away because they were doing inventory and stroll around to see all the stuff that I'll never see at home.

When I ducked a little rope to see some clothing and accessories one of the sales people started yelling at me that they were doing inventory etc and to get out. I did, and I will never spend a dime ordering Touratech or anything else from them while I can still do business ordering from Washington.

I felt it was a pretty poor way to treat someone from over 1000 miles away who only wanted to look around on that particular day. I started taking Touratech orders from my local friends while working in the US so I could hand deliver the farkles and stick it to motointernationale-just on principle.

If you can't deliver half an ounce of customer service then close your doors!
    :kboom
  7. smeagol

smeagol Beemer Virgin

Oddometer:
    +1
  8. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    I hear your thoughts, and understand. All I can say is, look at the location of the shop. I've tried to buy stuff out of Quebec for years, it's simply hopeless unless you speak french. My old company's H.Q. was in Montreal. Never once was anything easy, the language issue meant we had to jump hoops for the most simple of requests.
    As long as there is another Touratech outlet somewhere else on this planet, I know I can buy TT stuff without having to suffer that intolerable arrogance and indifference. And when MI is the only place to buy TT, I'll not buy TT.
    Steve
  9. Rick West

Rick West Function not Farkles

Oddometer:
    I can't help but wonder why Touratech Germany does not set up a proper outlet for Canada as they have for the US. A stand alone business where their products could be sold where it is not a sideline. The first attempt at setting up Touratech Canada, Anderwerks, was a huge failure by their own design. Now it would appear they have done it again. I have to speak French to deal with them? I have to suffer the intolerable arrogance and indifference to deal with them?

I will continue to purchase any T/T products I need from the US dealer. My dealings with them have been great and they fully understand why Canadians keep calling.
  10. smeagol

smeagol Beemer Virgin

Oddometer:
    I was under the impression from the USA TT website that they would not ship to Canada any more since MI took over TT in canada... I tried to place my order on the site and it wouldn't let me get past the part where you fill in the address...
  11. Rick West

Rick West Function not Farkles

Oddometer:
    Phone them.
  12. Steve G.

Steve G. Long timer

Oddometer:
    And here I put forward the incredible advantages of the U.S. border mailbox!
  13. farmerger

farmerger Snowed in Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    There is NO duty on motorcycle parts and accessories. (There are duties on the gear though.)
  14. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was speaking French to the best of my ability which is a damned sight better than most Canadians. they were just unpleasant all 'round.

as for shipping to Canada they can't really do that because of the canadian distribution. Therefore I order when I am in the US or like last time I get my cuz to mail stuff up.

I don't have to deal with them, therefore I won't:hair
  15. Archangel

Archangel GS Heaven

Oddometer:
    Just checked the site...Holy crap, $423 + change for a Scala Q2!! :eek1

It's only $145 online where I got mine!! WTF?!?!
  16. kahoon

kahoon who's yer daddy??

Oddometer:
    i did the GS Challenge with those guys, and Charles Gref (owner/organizer) was extremely RUDE! and totally self-centered!

<br><br><br><br>
  17. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    I'll be in there this morning to sample their attitude first hand. :D
  18. smeagol

smeagol Beemer Virgin

Oddometer:
    GAWD!!!

What have I started??!! I was mildly disappointed with the service there, but there some ANGRY mofo's here :rofl
  19. Turkish113

Turkish113 Beemer Virgin 2

Oddometer:
    No duty of Motorcycle parts and accessories?!!? WELL THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING dude. Fack MI we're ordering online dude. I will not throw 2500$ at those SOB just because they claim to be the only dealer in Canada.
    This is horse shit.

We need to talk about that when you drop by the house. With this wonderful new piece of information I am not, I SAY AGAIN, I am NOT ordering from MI.

That just made my day!!! :) hahahahaha

Thanks guys. This forum is a gold mine!!
  20. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Still got good tire prices at least. $369 for a pair of tkc's.