Pensacola area riders

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by XT Thumper, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Stalspeed

Stalspeed PullnG'sTillTheyPuke

Oddometer:
    s w e e t ! ! !
  2. Woods Rider

Woods Rider X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer:
    Phil back in the woods! Cool!

I may be in for that trip too.

I have a nice route around Cheaha that Gary showed me a few weeks ago. One day on the mountain, maybe one day ride Highland Park and pick up a new 2013 500:evil
  3. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the update... not gonna make the Supercross for sure...
  4. livetosail

livetosail Wayward Traveler

Oddometer:
    I saw that bike. Benko Pulko is her name. Interesting story. Think I'll probably attend.
  5. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:

Thank you! :evil

Carry on.
  6. artimus_maximus

artimus_maximus Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone up for riding this weekend before hunting season kicks in? Preferably Saturday.
  7. livetosail

livetosail Wayward Traveler

Oddometer:
    I'm meeting a few for a ride Saturday morning. Probably not the gnarly type of off-road craziness you guys might desire, but should be fun nonetheless. A little street, a little dirt, a little food, etc.

We're meeting at the Diary Queen on Scenic Highway and I-10 in Downtown Pcola at 9:30am if anyone's interested.

Eric
  8. artimus_maximus

artimus_maximus Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry Dave, need to give you credit where credit is due. My bad, so can you post that brake caliper pic again? The one with the little white connector please... :D
  9. Davebert

Davebert Too damn serious!

Oddometer:
    Alright...but don't let it happen again! :evil

[​IMG]
  10. SingleTrackJeff

SingleTrackJeff Lurker and Hangaround Supporter

Oddometer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbO9xseGWW0

I will save everyone from watching the whole thing.
    The two wheeled action is at,

1:57 dont look down nuthin happening there
    2:30 this is your first time on a bike here ride mine
    4:40 Hell of a place to put a bush
    7:35 Stoppies What the hell are they for anyway
    8:35 He should have hit it harder I think, I think it will fall next time
  11. SingleTrackJeff

Oddometer:
    GPR question

I just revived a V1 GPR from E bay

They don't make a mount for my DR 650, it looks like the pivot arm should be centered on the triple clamp stem.
    I know it centers left and right but when centered fro and aft it doesn't leave a lot of room for the fixed arm to clear.
    The only thing I could find at GPR says the fixed pin should be in the middle of the slot not at the end.
    Any help would be great, I am going to need to drill and tap the top of my bar mounts and will only get one chance to get it correct
  12. Davebert

Davebert Too damn serious!

Oddometer:
    I can't speak for GPR stuff but on the Scotts SS they stress the center of the shaft that the damper connects to, should be exactly on center with the steering stem. See the last pic in the pdf.

http://www.scottsonline.com/litrack/416.pdf

The reason I know it is looked at as critical to the operation is that on KTM's when you buy a Scotts kit, you have to order it with the top bar clamp for one of the 4 positions that you can have by flipping the lower bar mount around and the 2 sets of holes. Once you make the decision and order, changing your mind later cost's you another top bar mount machined to the correct offset.

Dave
  13. Jaxxzenn

Jaxxzenn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    ....I said it once before but if you're on facebook, find " The Dirty Old Biker".....all vintage,...all old school pics.....just awesome:D
  14. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Hope somebody went cause I didnt get to go....

Report and pics please...
  15. Orange Crushed

Orange Crushed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Me either! :cry:cry:cry
  16. SingleTrackJeff

Oddometer:
    Dave thanks centered as I thought, found some pics on the DR650 thread that helped. Drill and tap then build the pin mount.
  17. Woods Rider

Woods Rider X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer:
    Rode with my neighbor Spectre around Blackwater (65) miles or so. Visited with Barney and his sons (great young men)!

It was a beautiful day!
  18. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    I was hoping you guys were out there enoying the day. But OH did We have a dinner!

Its all good.
  19. GSF1200S

GSF1200S Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I know Ineptizoid and bzrider went out there and I believe one other was with them? I was planning to join up with them at the start of the ride, but we all know how plans go. Last night my car throws the battery light on- bad alternator. Ended up spending 4 hours and 200 dollars this morning to get that resolved. When I finally made it out to blackwater at about 12:30 or so, Inept and I just played phone tag every so often and never managed to hook up.

It was a great day. Temps in the 70s and partly cloudy. Tried out a new setup where my camera is in my tankbag instead of my tailbag and I ended up using it a lot more. Dont really have a ride report for any of you- I basically followed some tracks I recorded last time I was out with Ineptizoid, some tracks I made on my own, and then spent the last hour and a half before sunset blindly lost just enjoying the ride. The following pics are pretty much in succession:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

What little deep sand I came in contact with today played well- it was still wet from the rains weve had so not too many butt puckering moments :lol3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I was shocked at how green this short patch of grass was considering its January :huh

[​IMG]
    For the most part I dont really like Pensacola, but every once in a while it pulls one of these out of its pocket and I enjoy it here...

[​IMG]
    Its like Little House on the Prairie shit. No little house and no prairie, but whatever :lol3

Great day out there today; you guys should definitely head out there while the warm lasts because by February I imagine its going to be :vardy

Maybe next time Ineptizoid well get to ride instead of playing phone tag all afternoon :ricky
  20. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:
    Anybody else need the mic? :ear