Sound Rider D/S Rally 8/24-27

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Timmer, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Timmer

Timmer Curious Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is anyone going to the Sound Rider D/S rally in Stevenson which starts Sunday 8/24?

I'll be heading down FS25 Saturday mid day as I'll be teaching a GPS class there on Sunday morning. David Hough will teach several classes there and BMW will have a factory presence there. For more info, go to www.soundrider.com and click on the link for the dual sport rally.
  2. mrudy

mrudy "Let's Ride"

Oddometer:
    Hey Tim, have fun at the rally. I went last year and it was a great time. If I get a free chance, I might pop in to say, "howdy." Or at least buy some stuff from the SoundRider! store.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate.
  3. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    I looked at it last year and again this year and it looks like a good time but with it being during the work week it takes up to much vacation time to do it. :(:

Maybe next year I'll plan it in.:dunno

Have a great time. :clap
  4. DantesDame

DantesDame Ridin' Fool Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    It's always been a good time. I've been going for the past three years but has to skip this year as I'm moving :ricky

Tom usually puts together some good rides (both paved and not) and always has clinics and test rides going on thoughout the rally :thumb
  5. Timmer

Oddometer:
    I'll try to have enough fun for all of you!!:D

Looking forward to seeing some of you at PacificNWetFest in Skamakowa in a couple of weeks. This rally and a 1k mile Wing loop with a friend through NE Oregon comes first. I don't want to miss out on riding! :lol3:lol3
  6. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    I sure wanted to go this year, and even had the bike ready with nearly new skins... but I ran out of vacation.... There are just too many fun things to do...
    I'll see you at PNWet Fest though... I will have accrued enough vacation by then to bridge the gap.
  7. Timmer

Oddometer:
  8. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Tim, enjoy the DR Rally! See you at Wetfest - - - we might even finally meet. :freaky
  9. Timmer

Oddometer:
    I'm at the rally the SPOT tracking is working well. Check out the link and see my routing and the view in Google Earth is nice.

We have good wireless here so I may be able to post commentary and pic's in near real time.
  10. ifbaptist

ifbaptist n00b

Oddometer:
    I just bought a 09 KLX250S a month ago. 7 years of street riding but this is my first "dual sport". Would someone on this bike be able to participate at the rally? Do others with similar bikes attend or are they mostly bigger ds rides?

Thanks for the info.
  11. mrudy

mrudy "Let's Ride"

Oddometer:
    Tim--It has been 'fun' here at work monitoring your locations via the SPOT tracking system. I've been following your ride this Monday morning and it makes it very hard to concentrate on work...:clap

Thanks for sharing.
  12. DantesDame

DantesDame Ridin' Fool Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Feel free to show up on just about anything on two wheels :thumb There are a variety of ride suggested and I have no doubt that you'll find one that meets your needs (as well as a few people who would be happy to come along) :ricky
  13. RedMenace

RedMenace Adventure Sidecar

Oddometer:
    Hey Tim, good to see you again. Thanks for helping me with my GPS.

Did Dave get his BMW hack back together? We went for a ride yesterday and he broke a couple of things-left the bike at a shop in Carson. He's camped just East of the hall, near the creek.