Josh to Germany - ISDE 2012

Discussion in 'Racing' started by mknight, Jun 17, 2012.

1. 2volts

2volts Rocket Surgeon

Oddometer:
    Well done to Josh, Silver 6 Days medal first time round, that's a big achievement.
    And what a terrific family adventure! It's going to be hard to top that!
    Thanks for the updates and photos, I really enjoyed this thread.

pete
  2. knobie

knobie Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :clap
  3. Bare-it

Bare-it n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey! At 0:27, that's me and my wife Susan re-wiring my IT490! (I think it was the only IT490 at the Welsh ISDE. And yes, it really is the ISDE, not the Two-Day)
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Barrett Brown, Reid's dad here. This old clip highlights how good you all have had it with the great reports that Mike has provided you all. There's not much available from 29 years ago, but trust me you all were provided an awesome font row seat, this year. It was a definite privilege to meet and work with the whole Knight family while our sons lived this great adventure together. Josh is a 17 year old of uncommon poise and a thoughtful approach to this sport; an exemplary foundation to build upon, racing or otherwise. Stay in touch, Mike, if you and the clan ever end up with time for a trip to the Tillamook State Forest, here in NW Oregon!

Barrett
    www.SingleTrackTools.com<o:p></o:p>
  4. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    :nod
    Great report and the updates where just what I needed.

I used to wait for Dirt Bike magazine come to my mailbox and read the story,usually three months later.

Here's a page I had on my bedroom door as a kid growing up.
    It's now on my fridge.
    Ironically it's from that Wales Six Days

[​IMG]

This is what I always picture the Six Days to be.
  5. Bare-it

Bare-it n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey! That's me and my wife Susan near the start of this old "tape" working on my IT490! (I think it was the only IT490 at the Welsh ISDE. And yes, it really is the ISDE, not the Two-Day)
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Barrett Brown, Reid's dad here. This old clip highlights how good you all have had it with the great reports that Mike has provided you all. There's not much available from 29 years ago, but trust me you all were provided an awesome front row seat, this year. It was a definite privilege to meet and work with the whole Knight family while our sons lived this great adventure together. Josh is a 17 year old of uncommon poise and a thoughtful approach to this sport; an exemplary foundation to build upon, racing or otherwise. Stay in touch, Mike, if you and the clan ever end up with time for a trip to the Tillamook State Forest, here in NW Oregon.

Barrett
    www.SingleTrackTools.com<o:p></o:p>
  6. Bare-it

Bare-it n00b

Oddometer:
    <IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qpj9lRah8mM" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Double post, sorry.
  7. mknight

mknight Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi everybody. It's hard to believe it's already been more than two months since we returned from Germany. There isn't a day go by that we don't think or talk about Germany as a family....such an awesome experience for everyone on so many levels.

A few weeks ago we were contacted by a freelance reporter who heard about Josh's story and had seen and read the online blog and thought it was a great story compared to many of the other more traditional mainstream high school sports. The story ran in our local newspaper today (www.standard.net).

Link is here if you're interested:
    http://www.standard.net/stories/201...revs-past-competition-international-moto-race
  8. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great article. Thanks and congrats again.

9. Southest US Thumper

Southest US Thumper Extreme n00b

Oddometer:
    Great Article!

So Sardinia is a GO!? Before I left Germany Chris and I were scamming a 2013 ISDE Camp and Adventure, he is 90% I'm 65% though there's no doubt I'll do what I can to assist you guys in some humble way!

All the best to the Knights!
  10. spdjnky

spdjnky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Josh got some ink in the January 2013 issue of Dirt Bike magazine. Page 78. Pretty cool!
  11. mknight

mknight Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was given a heads up about that last week so when out and bought the magazine (have since subscribed). Ironically it was one of the few mags I didn't subscribe to. RacerX has a great article in this months issue as well, written by Sarah Whitmore and her observations as a first time ISDE participant.
  12. neduro

neduro Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did I just see a top 10 overall at a national hare and hound for our protagonist!

Awesome stuff!
  13. mknight

mknight Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You're very observant Ned. Josh was the benefactor of a great start and a dusty race that kept some of the top dogs at bay for a while. Mark Kariya took some great photos and has a good write-up in Cycle News:

http://cyclenews.uberflip.com/i/119121/82

Here's a little video of the start that he put together along with his friend Skyler Howes who led the race for the first 35 miles. Two KTM 2-strokes were in the top 3 for the first 30+ miles of the race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sBI7XIGIXU

And another video showing the start and the terrain:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRpUrkr7XIQ
  14. GalacticGS

GalacticGS Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sounds like Josh may have done even a little better if not dealing with the fuel issue. Big congrats!!!
  15. Southest US Thumper

Southest US Thumper Extreme n00b

Oddometer:
    Great Stuff! And Way to Go Josh!!!:clap

Are you planning the "Josh to Sardinia" thread yet????
  16. mknight

mknight Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Everyone. Well.....here we go again. Based on Josh's qualifier scores two weekends ago in Idaho City, he has received an invitation to participate in Italy this Fall as a member of the U.S. Team.

We had such a great experience last year and enjoyed sharing our photos and experience with the advrider world, that we would like to do the same again this year.

However, one of the things I'm trying to do this year is get media accreditation (media pass). I've been in contact with someone from the Press department in charge and I have a form that I need to complete and it requires a "letter from the chief editor".

Does anyone know how or who I might speak to here on behalf of advrider to obtain such credentials?
  17. wilkinsonk

wilkinsonk soup de grimace

Oddometer:
    First off, congratulations once again.

Regarding press credentials, have you thought about writing an article for Trials & Enduro News (www.tandenews.com)? If you give them a ring they may be able to help you with the press creds. Just a thought.

- Ken

18. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:

:freaky:freaky:freaky
  19. GalacticGS

GalacticGS Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not sure about ADV credentials, but you might contact Scotty Breauxman ( https://www.facebook.com/BreauxmanLIVE ) or Chilly White ( chilly@enduro360.com )about credentials. Either one might be interested in first hand reports from the ISDE.
  20. neduro

neduro Long timer

Oddometer:
    Please feel free to PM me, I'd be happy to write such a letter as a trustee and moderator, I'd also be happy to get you in touch with a few industry folks who could write that letter if adv isn't legit as a media organization.

I'm their leader, which way did they go? :lol3