Hotrodding the GS

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Poolside, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wallowa

Wallowa Diver Down

Oddometer:
    I was puzzled about "last bunch" statement and missed the Nov....'Last bunch' may never occur soon as orders keep coming in for the Air.. unless Air orders are not being accepted and I missed that also.. entirely possible, I miss a lot.:D
  2. hopskipjump

hopskipjump Adventurer

Oddometer:
    just checking to see if anyone, meaning poolside, is paying attention-
    No it is really February in MI. and it is a serious one at that....
    but really: three months behind schedule ?
  3. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    Hey there HSJ. I'm paying attention alright. :D The last batch of Airs was delayed by the design, prototype, and setting up for building the plug-in re-calibration part for the Airs. That process needed to happen before more Airs were built, because at the time there was no way to know what the solution was going to be. (Plus I needed to spend some time on my day job.)

The calibration plug-in circuit is sorted, and a board revision will be here soon. In the meantime, this week that is, I'm planning to finish the last batch of Airs.

<BR>
  4. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    That's right, Phil. You didn't miss anything. Going forward the IICE functions are all digital. Microprocessor-controlled that is. The Air 'acceleration enrichment' function will be in combination with the Cool 'transient throttle enrichment', and the Smooth 'closed-loop mixture control'.

<BR>
  5. Wallowa

Wallowa Diver Down

Oddometer:

Air-Cool-Smooth; at last the true Trilogy!....YES!:D
  6. BronsonRock

BronsonRock Banned

Oddometer:
    Hello all...new guy here. Sorry if this has been covered but I bought a camhead GSA with the IICE Air module installed by the PO. I'm here to learn about the unit and have done some basic reading but don't have time to wade through hundreds pages of posts. Do I understand correctly that there is an "older" (first generation maybe) module being phased out for a newer one? If so is that because of the new Water Boxer? :ear
  7. Snowbound

Snowbound Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ah. ! Another busy person , whose time is extremely valuable .
    Welcome !
  8. Andrew

Andrew Optimus Primer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  9. Wallowa

Wallowa Diver Down

Oddometer:

Yes, but BR can read and needs to do so.....or subscribe to Readers Digest if that is still in print....His questions can be answered as it was long ago: "42".:wink:
  10. Happy Wanderer

Happy Wanderer Day Dreaming.. .

Oddometer:
    I am confused (which happens easily). Does this mean the new IIce thingy will replace the IIce Air by combining it's function with the IIce Cool and IIce Smooth? If so it poses two questions.
    - Is there any further need for the IIce Air and the add on repair plug in for the IIce Air after this new digital product is available?
    - Is this new combined Smooth Cool Air device basically going to accomplish the same things as the AF-XIED product?

It sort of sounds like it to me but people can buy the AF-XIED product off the shelf right now so why would they wait an undetermined amount of time for design, development, testing and production of this new device?
  11. Snowbound

Oddometer:

His time is way more valuable than any one else on this thread .We need to step up , so that this guy can get on with the important things in his life .
  12. johnjen

johnjen Now, even more NOW!…

Oddometer:
    The 1st post in this thread has links to answers to your questions about the functionality.

The 1st gen device is being 'updated' for those that need it.

The new water boxer (wethead) is not the reason for these changes.

JJ
  13. BronsonRock

BronsonRock Banned

Oddometer:
    Man...you guys sure know how to roll out the welcome wagon. In all the time it took you to chastise and ridicule me the question could have been answered 5X.

:scratch

Thank you JJ. I'll check it out.
  14. Snowbound

Oddometer:
    Lay the blame on me . You said you didn't have time . That seems to imply that you are more valuable than anyone else .Good luck with an attitude like that when you are out for a ride and your motorcycle breaks down .
  15. BronsonRock

BronsonRock Banned

Oddometer:
    I didn't mean to piss anyone off. Maybe I worded it poorly? Seriously though...I need three/four guys getting in my face about it? Man, you guys need to cheer up.

Seems like my question are warranted anyways...

THIS is the part I'm particularly unclear about:
  16. Snowbound

Oddometer:
    Then maybe you need to get off your butt and do the research , and do a little bit of reading .
    Sorry about the attitude , but I have spent some time reading this thread and an opposing one . I am one of the people that waited sometimes not so patiently for the product to arrive .By the way ,it does make a difference on my 1150 GS . I am ready for the next phase ,whenever that may occur .
  17. sportbiker929

sportbiker929 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just ordered a booster plug
  18. mouthfulloflake

mouthfulloflake Not afraid

Oddometer:
    Ive got one of these for sale in the Flea market if anyone decides they do not want to wait.

:deal
  19. pistole

pistole Long timer

Oddometer:
    why has a thread about modding a GS for more power morphed into a thread exclusively talking about someone's homemade plug ?

and if this person is "selling" this plug , why not take this plug-thread into the vendor's section ?

20. Snowbound

Oddometer:
    ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.