Rockies regional randomness

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Geek, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Gitana

Gitana A work in progress

Oddometer:
    I love my SeatConcepts seat. And they give a discount to ADV members. Jjustj has one, too. Not too expensive, and what a difference.
  2. nwcolorider

nwcolorider NWCOLO

Oddometer:
    My son got his learners permit and we finally got a chance now that haying is over to go for a ride. I think I am going to like this. He already is planning the next trip.
    Top of Cedar Mtn looking south
    [​IMG]

The legal WR 450
    [​IMG]
    Looking towards Steamboat.
    Nice HOT day here in NW Colo.
    [​IMG]
  3. barko1

barko1 barko1

Oddometer:
    :clap
  4. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    Congrats Colten! :clap
  5. Narsisco Lopez

Narsisco Lopez Addlepated

Oddometer:
    This should be in the category, "What's the worst that could happen?" (We should start one here :D )

http://denver.craigslist.org/crs/3932615887.html

Free Architectural Design (Fort Collins)

<section class="userbody"> <section id="postingbody"> I just decided to pursue a new career path. I have no formal training and zero experience as an architect, but I think I can do it. Good timing, my first design will be free of charge. I'm looking to do unique/unconventional projects. Yours could be the first. </section> <section class="cltags">
    • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    </section></section>
  6. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    Live from the lift :flip

[​IMG]

.mobile
  7. mountain eagle

mountain eagle terrorist

Oddometer:
    Next one might be "live from the ambulance"....... :lol3
  8. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    It would be if the riders name was Mountain.

:lol3
  9. ironbrewer

ironbrewer Hopefully Riding

Oddometer:
    Was in Colorado now in The Northwet, Washington
    No way. Even if Mountain gets hurt we find a way to get him out without an ambulance.
  10. MeterPig

MeterPig Meh

Oddometer:
    Hmmmm.....

http://gazette.com/motorcyclist-tur...robbers-near-colorado-springs/article/1503696
  11. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
  12. Blakebird

Blakebird r - u - n - n - o - f - t

Oddometer:
  13. barko1

barko1 barko1

Oddometer:
    Where to camp South of Denver next Saturday night? I HAVE to go pick up my new to me Triumph Thunderbird Sport in Lonetree on Sunday morning and will be dragging a trailer behind my truck camper. Is there a decent spot to camp not far off my route up I25? I'm self contained and really just need a hassle free place to let my dogs out and get a night of sleep. I'll probably be driving up Saturday afternoon from a Four Stroke Singles National Owners Club lunch that is in Jemez Springs, NM. I'd rather not stay in a Walmart parking lot :D. Forest service campsites or boondocking would be good, imagine it might be busy on a Saturday night.
    [​IMG]
  14. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    This weekend on Pearl Pass. She "missed it by this much" :wink:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HzjFXnGMwLg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  15. tweetie

tweetie Long timer

Oddometer:
    That chick rawks even when she falls! :clap
  16. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    Thanks for reminding me not to take the 950 up there again. :patch
    Glad she was ok!
    Did you guys make it over?

:clap
  17. GrizGirl

GrizGirl Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can't believe you took the 950 over. I know Toddler took his once as well - CRAZY!!! We were in two groups and we both made it over - Wyogirl and crew were the first over, Tha Rick, Xplorr (?), and I later, as we decided to check out the top of the gondola at Aspen along the way. BIG MISTAKE, I was so tired by the time we hit the south side of Pearl it wasn't pretty!

This is almost near the top on the north side, rocks, rocks, and more rocks...... My fat butt and the DR's weak suspension really got a workout!

[​IMG]

We were headed down the south side and I was so very exhausted. Rocks, steepness, more rocks... I was at the edge of my strength and my muscles were all yelling at me. That was when the weirdest thing EVER, and the last thing you would expect to see 2/3rds of the way up Pearl Pass happened (we were about 1/3rd of the way down). I come around a corner and there is a guy pushing a bicycle up the pass. I think mountain biker but no...... He had wild hair, was wearing sandals, and had panniers on the front of his bike that had fenders. Yes, I registered all of that as I went by. He was standing in the good line and startled me so badly I attempted to take the line over these ledges.....

[​IMG]

The dude was standing at about 10:00 in the above picture, I wish I would have thought to photograph him before he walked away!!! I made the first ledge and if I would have had a few inches to give the DR forks time to recover I may have made it. But I hit the top of the second, steeper ledge and knew I didn't have a chance so I bailed off the bike - I pushed it one way and dove the other. Rick and Brian came running down to me and I looked around them to make sure I really did see the dude in the trail.. Rick asks if I'm ok, yes but I hit my knee hard, thank goodness for knee guards! Then I said - "WHY THE F!$K IS THAT HIPPIE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GD TRAIL?!?!?!?!?!" Then I stood up and had a temper tantrum because I was tired and whipped and mad at myself for my crash! A few minutes later we rode down the rest of the way.... more rocks, more steepness.

When we finally made it back to camp we learned the earlier group had seen the bicycle hippie dude at the bottom of the pass! I know one person has pictures and turns out the dude wasn't wearing any pants!!!!!!! ACK!!!! So my story will be that some dude flashed his pearls at me on Pearl Pass right when I was hitting my wall and that is why I crashed. :wink:
  18. tweetie

tweetie Long timer

Oddometer:
    :clap:clap

You rock, too!

:rofl
  19. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    We were sitting below tree line on the other side of the pass having lunch, admiring the back of the Maroon Bells when the full moon came out. Yup, no pants. Allegedly, no tan line either. Guess he must do that a lot. This was one of the few occasions when I said "Whatever he's smoking, I don't want any".

Geek, I'll be impressed when you ride the 950 from the Aspen side :deal

We had the good fortune to come up behind 12 4x4s on the top of Pearl. Not much room to get around them, so we had to poke along for a mile.
  20. SaharaJp99

SaharaJp99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    'Twas an odd sight. Had a great time riding with everyone and laughing around the campfire! Good times! :clap :freaky

Josh