Husqvarna TE630

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Tagati, Sep 18, 2009.

1. tslewisz

tslewisz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the tip.
  2. tslewisz

tslewisz Long timer

Oddometer:
    When I was putting the subframe back on today, I noticed that I couldn't get the crankcase vent to reach its home in the airbox. I needed a hose several inches longer. WTF? I couldn't see where routing would make any difference...I don't think it was EVER in its home. Anybody else see this? Maybe I'm just an idiot.
  3. Abrupt Edge

Abrupt Edge Long timer Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    I never disconnected my airbox from the hose; just pulled it forward and tied it off so the hose had a nice smooth curve. Unless you cleaned the airbox you should be able to tell from the outside if the hose was connected. If not look inside. You should be able to see residue around the connector. Routing should be dead simple so 'can't help there.
  4. tslewisz

tslewisz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, that's the thing. (sigh) It's right now, at least.
  5. jtemple

jtemple Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mine did that when I tore it apart to replace the clutch spring cups and cam chain. I just figured the rubber shriveled up because I had it torn apart for so long.
  6. Abrupt Edge

Oddometer:
    You nailed it. Some plastics/rubber compounds are bad about shrinking as they age. Next time mine is off I will see about using a different kind of hose.
  7. jtemple

jtemple Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You can probably use some kind of heater hose.
  8. tslewisz

tslewisz Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's what I used. The OEM hose had a spring in it to prevent collapsing in the turn to the front so I transferred that over, too.
  9. sTE610vE

sTE610vE First on the brakes, last on the gas... Supporter

Oddometer:
    A pic from a great ride on a warm January Day in Kansas....it's almost Dual Sport heaven :D

[​IMG]
  10. codys

codys Lost in the Vizcaino

Oddometer:
    It was pushing near 60 here today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Abandoned rail through the valley. Hope no UP/BN people are looking at this thread. :lol3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. DYNOBOB

DYNOBOB lucky dog Supporter

Oddometer:
    You guys are killin' me, didn't even hit 20 here today. Stayed in Salida a couple yrs ago, must be awesome to live there.

Finished my Safari install last week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. Abrupt Edge

Oddometer:
    Salida is a great little town and I've been there a handfull of times now. 'Always look forward to going back and think about staying. I wish they had a good RV park there so I could take my travel trailer and stay a few months.
  13. SQD8R

SQD8R Eat squids and be merry

Oddometer:
    That looks excellent. Love the decals. :clap
  14. SQD8R

SQD8R Eat squids and be merry

Oddometer:
    :lol3

Yeah never had the warranty issue TBH but the network is pretty nonexistant. Best to go to the states for parts imo.
  15. Ben99r1

Ben99r1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    A few questions for you guys. How many years did they make the 630 for? Any chance any of you guys ever owned xr650l? That's what I have rt now. I was riding with a large group this past weekend. One of the guys happen to have a very nice looking and farkled 630. I wonder if my xr650l is to similar to the 630?
  16. browneye

browneye PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer:

Hi Ben. That was Dave Picono(sp?) last weekend. I saw you mention you didn't want to try out anyone's bike. If I had mine there I would have insisted. Johngil has one too.

They are more similar than different, but the husky is much more technologically advanced. In automobiles, it would be like a ford 4x4 vs. a porsche cayenne, or a Xterra vs a wrangler. The Husky is about fity pounds lighter and about fifty percent more power. Suspension is 20 years newer in technological development.

The 610 has been around for a number of years, the 630 the final culmination of all development of that model before BMW took over. It's the last of the old guard Italian mills that came from Husqvarna. The new one has a BMW motor.

They were built from 2010 into 2011 for the 2011 model year. It became impossible to make the husky motor meet epa regs here and abroad. The rotax clone is a much leaner and cleaner burning motor. Unfortunately they bloated it another 40lbs and shortened the suspension almost in half for the TR650. Needless to say it is a hobbled iteration of the TE630, actually becoming a whole new genre of dualsport motorcycle. It's more like the Sertao, and less like the 630.

You really need to check one out further and ride one if you have interest in replacing your honda. IMHO the 'L' model was never a serious contender for competent offroad, unlike the 'R' model. They were really quite different as designed, with the R being much more capable.
  17. pinocono

pinocono Fucking Pirate

Oddometer:
    Hey Ben, I wish you would have asked, I would have been more than happy to let you take the Husky for a spin. Browneye's, mine and a few more 630's will be at the noob rally in Death Valley, you can hop on mine there.

It appears the Tri-County Powersports up in Moorpark has a used one for sale:
    http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2011-Husqvarna-TE630-107183518
  18. tslewisz

tslewisz Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's the best looking Safari tanked 630 I've ever seen. You, sir, are a sticker magician. :thumb
  19. DYNOBOB

DYNOBOB lucky dog Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thank you.

I didn't want my riding buddies making fun of the beluga whale. My riding gives them enough to make fun of. :lol3

20. johngil

johngil Reseda, CA

Oddometer:
    Ben, my bike is always available for a test ride.
    It will also be up for sale after Death Valley in March.
    Price will be fair, but I'm not giving it away either.