2013 KTM National Rally INFO!

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by cjracer, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Orangecicle

Orangecicle On a "Quest" Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm riding with a small group leaving Four Corners on the 6th to ride the Colorado Backcountry Discovery Route to Steamboat.
  2. brents347

brents347 Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer:
    Hmm, that should be a good time....
  3. mjlang

mjlang Man Caves Rule!

Oddometer:
    You live out near Connellsville. I grew up in Irwin. Looking forward to drinking a few beers at the campground.
  4. ABuck99

ABuck99 0.0

Oddometer:
    Ill have a tire changer in my rig at the campground. If you have a tire or have one shipped in, We can put one on. I work for beer ......

Dont know my spot yet but I'lll be next to the river- truck & enclosed trailer. I can order and bring one with as well. PM me if you need help.

Andrew

5. Orangecicle

Oddometer:
    You should join us! Oh, wait . . . . :lol3
  6. SuchesRider

SuchesRider Just Do It! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any of you advers from the southeast have room in a truck or trailer for a 990? A last minute wild hair has me set on coming to the rally, but I do not have time to ride/drive. Willing to pay for the transport. SR. :ear
  7. spencergt66

spencergt66 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just reserved my room plan on roughing it all the way there Ill need a shower by then :rofl
  8. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:
    You figured out a route yet? I'm going to try as much scenic through Nevada and Utah as possible if your interested.
  9. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    Should see you out there...:evil
  10. 4corners14

4corners14 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Three of us on 990's, 2 Wa. plate, 1 Or. will be finishing the UTBDR on the 6th (we think) and will be making the turn and heading for 4 corners to start the COBDR. If you smell....I mean see us, give us a wave! :freaky
    I asked the organizers about a 1 day registration, as we have to head out on Saturday early to be home by Sunday night, and they said they could, but it was a $90 charge. Seems a little steep for 1 day I thought.....:earMaybe we'll just hang out in the campground and BS with all you good folks! :evil

11. SE Steve

SE Steve Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    So far my plan is ride to phx on Friday meet up with soup bone. Leave phx for 4 corners 7th, start CBDR on the 8th. :clap
  12. Schweitzer

Schweitzer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A couple more 990's thinking we will make Steamboat Thursday evening for the rally.
  13. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow. That's a big dive south, to head back North for you guys. The COBDR is going to look like the LA freeway.
  14. adcolor

adcolor Adventurer

Oddometer:
    For those in Colorado (or others who can't spend more than one day at the event -- ride in and out) the vendor area and test ride bike activity is free.

In my case I can make a day of it by leaving Denver early and arriving home late. I am on an SMT with decidedly street tires, so not going over hill and dale on the off road paths.

More fun for those that do!
  15. Orangecicle

Oddometer:

Good. If you start the COBDR on the 7th, you'll be one day behind me. I'll know somebody will be a little behind me when mine breaks. :lol3 Just look for this on the side of any hill: :D

[​IMG]
    Hopefully it won't look like this at the time:

[​IMG]
  16. 4corners14

4corners14 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know if there are any kind of "passes" required to travel, park or camp along the UTBDR or the COBDR? In Washington we have the Discover Pass that can be required in some locations. I never thought to ask about Utah or Colorado. :ear
  17. DesertSurfer

DesertSurfer Tail sprayin

Oddometer:
    Me and Rally West tow our bikes So. Cal. to Moab leaving Sept. 5 or 6. There may be an extra space for 3rd bike. Staying a night at cabin at Riverside Oasis RV Resort, staging support vehicle there. Next day we'll ride to Cortez and start COBDR up to SS campground.

If anyone is looking for a staging area and camping/ cabins en route from the West... Riverside Oasis RV Resort in Moab...ask for Misty. Tell them you're doing KTM Rally, no discounts but will try to group an area. 1-877-285-7757.
  18. SuchesRider

SuchesRider Just Do It! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just booked my trip. See you all next month. :clap :clap SR
  19. Schweitzer

Schweitzer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes if you have any problems we will be coming. We will probably not take the easy routes around so we will be on the regular route. We won't be starting at Cortez until early afternoon.

20. Orangecicle

Oddometer:
    I'm going to do what I can to take the standard route as well. :1drink