The F5 Bivouac (rallye raid news) and W2RC - World cross country rally championship

Discussion in 'Racing' started by PackMule, Dec 23, 2009.

1. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    Racedezert and Breauman reports..
    Shake-Up in the 2012 SCORE Series? Quinn Cody bailed JCR HONDA and appears to be signing up with KTM for a few reasons, including a chance to get a DAKAR ride. We've did a little dumpster digging and came up with this photo from yesterday at KING OF THE MOTOS.

[​IMG]

photo from Chilly.. at enduro360

...................................................................................................

so IS Norman AND Cody Drinking the ORANGE Koolaid?
  2. Dread Pendragon

Dread Pendragon Tragic Donkey Throttler

Oddometer:
    "Yes, red is a fine color, but orange, ORANGE . . . is magnifique!
  3. wrk2surf

Oddometer:
    QC reply...

Gotta love the fourm experts and self proclaimed journalists.........
  4. doyle

doyle RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer:
    Not exactly a denial. :deal
  5. JayBo1

JayBo1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Where'd you get that info SB? BlueBull states his ideas are based from a "little birdy" but no qualification from you. Care to elaborate?

BlueBull, your spare room ready for me is it??:wink: I should get my "business proposal" to you soon huh.

Cheers
    JayBo
  6. wrk2surf

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Ok... Kendall AND Quinn AND Caselli on team orange?

and what about the upcoming Jonah announcement...

reminds me of the couple of years KTM fielded a USA team...

HMMMMMM
  7. Beez

Beez Given to fly

Oddometer:
  8. ArthDuro

ArthDuro quarantined

Oddometer:
    :lurk
    popcorn in the rumor mill
  9. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Everybody I spoke to at the Dakar confirmed the start will be in Lima, and the finish either in Santiago or Valparaiso. Local boys here in-the-know agree. I have not seen any local press to this effect - yet. Then again I have also been travelling a lot so I could have missed it.

Regarding Bolivia: Its been in the papers there, so I'm fairly convinced it will happen. I'm just not sure how they intend to deal with flying helicopters at altitude.... :dunno

I have your room ready mate. :thumb Its a done deal.

Oh BTW I'm gunning for the Abu Dhabi DC this year, plan to do my entry in the morning. See you there?
  10. JayBo1

JayBo1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm as convinced as anyone on the Lima start, Valparaiso (or Santiago) finish but would love some "real" confirmation. In the mean time I'm happy enough enough to secure a bed at "Bluebull's Bikers Bed & Breakfast":deal:lol3:clap.

I'd love to do the ADDC but can't manage the time at the moment:cry - not to mention saving all my pennies for the Dakar. As it is I'm in a bit of strife with the Dakar timing and work - you should've seen the client's face when I told them the Dakar is more important than anything else for this year and if they want me to walk now just say the word. The team in the office are trying to figure how they can justify having a TV with SBS channel installed for Dec/Jan:lol3.

I'll be watching if you're in the ADDC:ear. The tracking system is brilliant for that event and I can watch progress most of every stage live in the background on my PC.

Cheers
    JayBo
  11. doyle

doyle RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer:
    Sometime during the third week in March is when announcements and confirmations are expected for 2013. Of course, Chile has already been confirmed for the finish. Peruvian officials have been lobbying quite hard for inclusion and for the start to be in Lima. I don't think anyone will be surprised if it is. I expect a Lima start, several Peruvian stages, 1 or 2 in Bolivia, 1 or 2 in Western Argentina, and the rest in Chile. I don't believe the rally will go to the east coast at all for 2013.
  12. wrk2surf

Oddometer:
    Rally TT Estoril-Marrakech Canceled..

First edition was in 2010

The Automobile Club de Portugal (ACP) decided to cancel the test "Rally TT Estoril-Marrakech", registered in the calendars Cup FIA World Rally Championship TT Championship in Portugal All-Terrain, World Championship Rally TT Motorcycle and Scooter TT National Championship, due to difficulties in raising the necessary funds for an organization with the level of quality that is timbre of the ACP.
    Although the ACP does not have spared no effort in trying to put one foot back into competition at the time he received the highest praise of all participants, the current economic situation have failed to achieve the objectives set by the organization regrets the damage that this decision may lead to drivers registered in the respective championships but to take this measure to a considerable distance from the event, is sure that its consequences can be minimized.
    However, the ACP has not abandoned the idea of ​​reissuing this competition and continue to do everything in order to find a financial solution that makes possible the realization of this event with great impact in motorsport nationally and internationally and huge return for our country .
    On the other hand, the ACP wants to use this time to strengthen its total commitment to the organization of other events of All-Terrain included in its sporting calendar for 2012, the Baja Portalegre 500, also entered in the FIA World Cup Rally TT and the World Cup for Bajas Motorcycles, and the 24 Hours TT Vodafone Frontier Village.

http://www.todoterreno.pt/index.php...&catid=2:noticias-auto-internacional&Itemid=3
  13. zenjen

zenjen Go Outside

Oddometer:
  14. wrk2surf

Oddometer:
    US KTM DAKAR TEAM 2013 :deal
  15. Beez

Beez Given to fly

Oddometer:
  16. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm trying to get hold of James Embro, does anyone have a cell number/email they could Pm me?

Thanks

Neil
  17. HogWild

HogWild Skott Whitknee

Oddometer:
    PM sent!
  18. Beez

Beez Given to fly

Oddometer:
  19. ArthDuro

ArthDuro quarantined

Oddometer:
  20. drc42

drc42 Rally Dreamer

Oddometer:

[​IMG]

Nah, these tires are much cooler than TKC's!