Just crashed while wearing my SaferMotoMLS Airvest/Motoport Excellent results

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by TallRob, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Coachgeo

Coachgeo Diesel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    NOW: Dayton OH area recent past WAS: North TX
    And for people whom have NO JACKETS or gear yet.... Whom Im guessing may be your largest market. .. add the feature to swap the bags into any different season version of your jackets.

What is your largest market? My guess is. New riders and riders not long AFTER laying their bike down hard.
  2. SaferMoto

SaferMoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Due to the design of the airbag that is not possiable
  3. SaferMoto

Oddometer:
    The problem with swapping it between jackets is there is no way to make sure, from a liability standpoint, that the rider correctly "installs" the airbag into the other jacket. Unfortunately there is no "silver bullet" for riders, everyone wants it their way :rofl I can see the advantages to having a 'swap able" airbag but I really dont see that there is enough of a market to make any money from bringing a product like that to market

I would say our largest market are riders who are experienced riders who have had or know other riders who have had accidents. New riders still have to learn the hard lesson that there are only 2 types of riders. Those who have crashed and those who will crash.

Also our horse rider market is at least 10 times as large as our motorcycle market. At the last Olympics we had 18 different countries wearing air bag vests
  4. lmychajluk

lmychajluk Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are there any reflective panels on the MLV-YC at all? (I see the MLV-PY, but I'm thinking the wide stripes on that model may be a bit much.)

Also, regarding the YS-Mesh vest? Are the 'shapes' of the deployed airbags all the same, or do some vests offer more / less protection than others? A suggestion would be to include pics of the inflated bags on the manaquin, and maybe some low-light photos to highlight the nighttime visibility of the garment.
  5. Coachgeo

Coachgeo Diesel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    NOW: Dayton OH area recent past WAS: North TX
    The liability:deal issue you speak of is no different than repacking them correctly after deployment though. Backing up little here though; I am speaking of swapping your bags into YOUR jacket/vest and not any jacket/vest or something similar
  6. SaferMoto

Oddometer:
    I understand your point just want to be realistic that it is probably not going to happen that way. I can make suggestions to the factory but have no control as a re-seller of what they make. :deal
  7. SaferMoto

Oddometer:
    Here is a pic that shows the strip across the back
    [​IMG]

Two chest strips

[​IMG]

The airbags offer the same protection but are a slightly different shape to fit the vest design

I will get some inflated pictures for you in a few days
  8. lmychajluk

lmychajluk Long timer

Oddometer:
  9. SaferMoto

Oddometer:
    Happy to help :clap