I can teach anybody to take the best line

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by Little Bike, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Little Bike

Little Bike Air/Clutz Sue Supporter

Oddometer:
    Over my extensive dirt riding experience (5 days), I have discovered that I am a prodigy. I can unerringly choose the correct line to take through all obstacles. I have decided that I should share my wisdom with my fellow adv riders. Learning this technique will require you to meet with me for 2 hours of riding. After just those 2 hours you will be able to ride any dirt path, anywhere.

Your instruction will consist of following me and carefully watching the path of my front tire. As soon as you see the line I will be taking, GO THE OTHER WAY!

Yes, learning how to choose the perfect line is as easy as that.

I repeat. Watch the line I take and simply GO THE OTHER WAY.

The fee for this amazing class is no more than picking up my bike for the entire 2 hours, providing first aid and copious amounts of pain killing beverages. What a cheap price to pay for such wisdom.

:lol3
  2. B.Curvin

B.Curvin Feral Chia Tamer

Oddometer:
    I've been teaching that class for years. :D
  3. dwoodward

dwoodward Long timer

Oddometer:
    When you find an unerring way to go AROUND all obstacles, you'll be onto something.
  4. Little Bike

Oddometer:
    Going around obstacles will be the next course. I need to get a full 7 days of riding under my belt for that one. :lol3
  5. RFVC600R

RFVC600R Long timer

Oddometer:
    Shit, pick you bike up and lets go on a ride

Johson Valley?:D
  6. ragtoplvr

ragtoplvr Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like the business plan where I am now. We think what would the old company do. Then do something different. We are staying in business. We even make a little money. In this economy that is great.

Rod
  7. lakota

lakota Geeser Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wish I were in California - would signup for the class:wink:
  8. bobnoxious67

bobnoxious67 Baby steps...

Oddometer:
    Wife and I (and 11 of our closest friends) will be at the KOH in Johnson Valley 2/2-2/9...my "middle aged noob chick" wife would love to have someone else like her to ride with:deal
  9. pepeps

pepeps Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Little Bike! Good for you. Lots of ways to keep learning the lovely game of motorcycling, so keep at it.
    Be safe and live it up!
    PEPE
  10. Little Bike

Oddometer:
    I do need to get out to Johnson Valley. My bro and sister in law ride there quite a bit.

Too bad your mid aged noob chick doesnt live here, I would really like to ride with some of my people. :lol3
    I can't go to the KOH, would have been fun to have somebody to ride with:cry. You, your noob chick and your 11 friends have a great time!

I've been in Anza Borrego since Friday, it's been great! Have to go home today, already stayed two extra days and work is looming on Monday, boo.
  11. RFVC600R

RFVC600R Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've only ridden in twentynine palms, wander valley, and the lake bed in joshua tree :cry
  12. MotorradMike

MotorradMike MIL-TFD-41

Oddometer:
    Nice troll LB!
    I honestly didn't see it coming.

Questions:
    1/ What if I carefully watch the way you go, and there are several alternatives?
    2/ What if I'm too tired picking up my bike, to pick up your bike?

If I lived in CA I'd sign up.
  13. Little Bike

Oddometer:
    You're not that far away - you need to get out to Borrego. You do need a plated bike and then you have about 500 miles of dirt road :clap
  14. Little Bike

Oddometer:
    If there are several alternatives, just remember, whichever way I go will be the worst choice of all the possibilities.
    If you're too tired to pick up my bike then I ride your bike out.

15. Photog

Photog Charismatic Megafauna

Oddometer:
    :rofl Love it.

I was at a dirt bike school and one of the students was a scrawny guy on a DR350. He had zero experience on a bike to begin with, was lacking in conditioning, and by mid morning he was showing fatigue in a big way. He was wobbling pretty bad when he was kicking the bike over, sweating profusely, looking like he was about to pass out and fall over (BTDT). So as he's shaking and his right leg is probably about to fall off, and he's probably regretting the choice to take the class, the instructor walks over to him and says "Let me show you how to make that starting process much easier." The kid's face brightens.

The instructor leans closer and says "Quit stalling it."

the rest of us bust out laughing

So...whenever I've done something dumb on the bike I often remember that morning and tell myself "this ride would be easier if you'd apply the technique of STOP DOING THAT STUPID CRAP."

Priceless instruction, I tell ya'. Feel free to add it to your curriculum.
  16. Little Bike

Oddometer:
    That's awesome! I'm taking Jimmy Lewis' class towards the end of March and I hope I'm not that kid! I knew that riding dirt could be strenuous, but dang, I found out just how aerobic it could be this week! Paddling your feet through deep sand so you don't fall over is an amazing ab workout. I'm going to have to do some working out and drop some poundage. I do have one advantage - electric start! :rofl
    I will definitely add that to the curriculum!
  17. J Lewis

J Lewis Numb Nuts

Oddometer:
    We will help you but then your idea for a class will have to completely change to, "Follow my smooth lines as I can ride anywhere I want to."

I'm pretty sure some of the stuff will be a revelation of sorts but most pick it up quickly.

Looking forward to the class,

JIMMY
  18. atomicalex

atomicalex silly aluminium boxes Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Next time I'm out by you, I'm in! Two middle-aged n00b chicks out for a ride... not sure if the guys could handle that much fabulous, though....
  19. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:

When I started riding dirt the older kids in the neighborhood called me George of the Jungle....as is "Watch out for that tree.":deal

I'd wager if I got back on a dirtbike today it would be pretty much the same deal....just faster.
  20. Little Bike

Oddometer:
    I'm really looking forward to gaining those skills! While duck paddling through deep sand is really good exercise it's getting pretty old :loll
    I'll also be thrilled to be able to deal with rough roads with rocks and other obstacles. :clap
    I have a lot of road riding experience, but dirt is definitely learning to ride all over again.

see ya in March