Husqvarna TE-610 Owners Sign In Thread.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by buffallodan, Aug 3, 2006.

1. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG] $79. They still sell them, just on a different page. Look at the very bottom of their regular page for the link to the new page.
  2. Ads

Ads Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi to all from sunney Cornwall, sorry to but in hear with a new topic, any how i have just bought a 2000 te 610 and took it for a good blast and it stoped a few times as if it had run out of fuel, how ever i have just relaised i rode it with the ancillary valve open, sorry i dont really know how it works but do you think this could of been my problem? I have just ordered a new peckcock and a gasket set for the carb as i was going to give the jets a clean in some boiling lemon juice, But it would be nice to save me the job if it is just the valve. THANK YOU cheers Adam.
  3. fritzcoinc

fritzcoinc Enjoying my last V8 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes, the petcocks can be cloged, but if the bike has been stored for an extended time the carb. along with the entire fuel system ( tank cleaned, petcocks cleaned and rebuilt with new seals, new fuel lines) will need to be cleaned and re-built.
    I suggest you consult here for questions regarding the older Huskies: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=406358
  4. bigkatie

bigkatie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Check to see that none of your fuel lines are pinched shut. I just bought a used 2003 and some of the lines were pinched causing it to quit running after a few minutes and then it would restart after a few. I replaced all the lines and made sure there were no kinks or creases and it fixed the problem. Good Luck and enjoy your new ride!

Ade
  5. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Those bikes also have a vent line up top don't they?
  6. duanew1

duanew1 In my Pajama pants

Oddometer:
    Look the following post to see what I did.

After I am done there is pelnty of room everywhere. I have enough room that I can fit my finger between any of the places that might rub.
  7. duanew1

duanew1 In my Pajama pants

Oddometer:
    I am getting close to being finished. This is what I started with:

[​IMG]

I had the welder put a plate over the front hole for the muffler mount. The insert was ripped out when I got it. This enabled me to drill a hole where I wanted it and it is stronger. Also please disregard the butchered plastics. The PO did it.

[​IMG]

This is the order and materials that I made the mount out of for the muffler. I chose a M6 sized bolt because I did not want it too strong that it would tweak my subframe mounts if something happened. I actually tapped the plastic insert that goes in the inside of the grommet so that the threads of the screw doesn't tear it up. The last spacer in the pic is much longer than needed and I cut it down. It is hard to see it in the pic below.

Here is the result:

[​IMG]

I think this will work pretty well. I am looking forward to finishing it up. I might get done tomorrow.
  8. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Man I am such a slacker, I've been STARING at my bike torn apart in my living room for a week. I might have to actually do something on it someday... maybe.
  9. Xcuvator

Xcuvator Justa Venturer

Oddometer:
    What cha workin on?
    Is Larryboy still pissed? I miss his posts here.
  10. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    My regulator is loose and only charging 2/3 or so of cap. As part of working on that I had to rip into it pretty far and basically every nut in the sub-frame has pulled out. THe muffler and the fuse holder etc. My LYNX HID is really on it's last legs.

The bikes' needed a cam chain for 2500+ miles. :) Awshouse has held on to the parts for me for like a friggin year. (I hope)

Really just need to deal with a ton of deferred maint. I hope to actually get out and do a decent trip this year:wink:

Haven't talked to LB in a while. Hope he's not PO'd at me!:freaky
  11. Dr Klaun

Dr Klaun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here's a little bump for the thread!

Plus, I'll be installing the red one :clap

[​IMG]

That is all.
  12. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    How much did it cost? And where did you order from?
  13. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    FYI, I'm selling this in the flea market thread. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] take the foam out and you have a water tight military type hard case mounted to OEM rack. $65 + shipping.
  14. BlueLghtning

BlueLghtning Riding is my passion

Oddometer:
    Peachtree City, GA and Full Time RV Travel
    Man, did the guy that bought the bike not like the bike or what? Its back on the market again! :lol3

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/mcy/3631067058.html

15. uska

uska Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi, would anyone know if 07&08's use the same sprockets? Ive ordered both sprockets from supersprox for 07 model but i have an 08. (They didnt have em for 08's).

Thanks..

[​IMG]
  16. huzar

huzar Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer:
  17. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    I had 1st dibs on that, but the buyer that has it listed again on CL wanted it. The bike was sold 2 weeks ago by SF and its back up for sale now.
  18. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    The same
  19. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    Where is your bash plate!? You're taking a big chance, no??
  20. StolenFant

StolenFant Life is good on this side of the grass Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hmmm, the post on CL is identical to mine. Funny that I KNOW I ran mileage up to 9425 on that beautiful weekend after first listing it. You've seen "Flip This House". I guess this is a case of "Flip This Bike". Anyone want to call and tell him :lol3 "Cam chain notch 5??? that motor's about to blow":lol3

Actually, I KNOW the bike, and it's still a great deal at that price with the Rekluse. I sold in a weak moment and he's just flipping it. Update on the Rekluse setup too. Looks like the C150L2 and C200L6 are the best setup. That should let you set idle around 1550 for near immediate engagement and full engine engine braking. OR you can set idle around 1400 for a little freewheel effect at idle. Just don't separate the idle and engagement speeds too much those six TC balls make engagement hard (hard doesn't slip the clutch much which is good on a motor with this much torque). If you give that motor much of a running start at th clutch and it will probably burn rubber!