Andy's bike for sale.

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Pilbara, May 15, 2012.

1. Trang

Trang ... 2nd last to the Sweep

Oddometer:
    Not quite the same, but perhaps a little if you are from the U.S.

They have been trying to raffle off Chris Blais' 2005 KTM 660, for $100 per ticket, with only 300 tickets on offer.

This raffle has been running (atleast on ADV) since the end of Jan 2012, and have only sold 150 tickets so far.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=759764
  2. NoHillsNoTrees

NoHillsNoTrees mostly upright

Oddometer:
    Troy, I don't believe you have to justify your earlier comments. Your knowledge in this area would be unsurpassed by most in the asylum. As far as the "stupid" comment goes, not all clowns have red noses and funny shoes.
    cheers, Pete
  3. outback jack

outback jack Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd like to buy it for me pool room, but i'm a poor DR owner. But WTF doesn't MA buy it and keep it for it's historical value, they make enough coin out of the racing fraternity.
  4. Rus

Rus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Although the vast majority of us aren't in a position to purchase Andy's bike, we may be able to help in a smaller way. Every month TrailZone mag runs an ad stating:

An Andy Caldecott Memorial trust has been established in support of Andy's wife Tracey and his young children. Donations to the trust, no matter how small, will be appreciated by his thankful family. Donations may be made to the following account:

Account name: Andy Caldecott Memorial Trust
    Bank: ANZ
    Branch: Keith, SA
    BSB: 015595
    Account: 495598859

Wouldn't it be a great reflection on inmates if we could make Andy's family a little more comfortable?
  5. BigDuck

BigDuck Don’t be too practical.

Oddometer:
    I think the ultimate purpose of this thread (funds for family) should remind all you blokes that your life insurance should be top notch. If I die early from a bike accident, my family would miss me, but they would have no worries financially. I pay way, way less than my bike insurance + rego in life insurance premiums and they would get some serious $$.
  6. stujamur

stujamur keep rollin rollin rollin

Oddometer:
    Good point blakduk - that reminds me to get life insurance, i only have accident that gives me a few quid a month for a year to help with bills ...

Not sure many insurances will cover you if racing .
  7. Clancy

Clancy Long timer

Oddometer:

Couldn't agree more.
  8. Simosez

Simosez go ride your bike.

Oddometer:
    that's Dave Shwartz 450. still an impressive machine though.
  9. Rosco Holden

Rosco Holden RH 060

Oddometer:
    Gday all , I joined ADV Rider, yesterday after receiving a email from a potential buyer, with a link to this forum of Andy’s Factory Repsol 700 that I was selling for an on behalf of Tracey and the kids.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    I have been through the whole journey and helping Trace and family, since that day in Stage 9, Jan 9, 2006, I have cleaned up and sold over 36 assorted bikes, some classic, TM’s, YZ 360B and a lot of Farm Junk, cant tell you how many pallets of parts were listed on eBay, Andy had a lot of stuff, but it all went.<o:p></o:p>
    Andy's Repsol bike was always going to stir emotion and comments, about every aspect of it, particularly what is the value, or value, or the Historical Value from Arguably Australia’s Greatest Off-road Rider and 4 times Safari and Dakar Stage Winner.<o:p></o:p>
    The value was determined by the information I received in relation to the sale of Marc Comas 450 of $65,000 and that if you were to order a New Customer based Dakar 450, pending on specs, would be between $37 to $45,000 from KTM Australia.<o:p></o:p>
    The good news is I sold the bike a few months ago, Tracey and I are happy who purchased it and the price achieved and extremely important that we wanted it to stay in Australia and it will remain here, which it is. Naturally who purchased and price is confidential.<o:p></o:p>
    I had approx about 10/15 enquiries from all around the World on the bike, and 3 after I had sold it.<o:p></o:p>
    Andy’s bike’s are on loan to the Birdwood Musuem in S.A and is currently on display until Oct 2013 alongside his 2005 Team Mates Motorex Bike Dave Schwarz, who I helped when he has competed in his Dakar Competition Years.<o:p></o:p>
    Tracey has come along way and Catlin and the next generation 2 Wheel Speedster Mitch are going well and in a much happier place.<o:p></o:p>
    If nothing else those spend a minute on Jan 9 and think of one Andy Caldecott on his 7<SUP>th</SUP> Anniversary of his tragic passing.<o:p></o:p>
    Ride and Stay Safe and Happy New Year.<o:p></o:p>
    Regards Rosco Holden<o:p></o:p>
    rholden66@bigpond.com<o:p></o:p>
  10. Ausfossil

Ausfossil Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great result Rosco. Whatever the price it's gone to a good cause. I hope the new owner gets a lot of enjoyment out of it whishever way they choose to use it. It would be nice if they would take it out for the occasional ride so that maybe some of us inmates might have the chance to stumble across it being used in the real world some day. That would be a buzz.

Cheers
    Iain
  11. PBee

PBee ...---...

Oddometer:

"Andy’s bike’s are on loan to the Birdwood Musuem in S.A and is currently on display until Oct 2013 alongside his 2005 Team Mates Motorex Bike Dave Schwarz"

:D
  12. Rosco Holden

Rosco Holden RH 060

Oddometer:
    Gday Iain thanks for you reply , I have a good feeling that Aus will be able to see Andy's Bike, out side the Museum in the future.

Ride and Stay Safe

Regards Rosco