High Desert Plated Dirt Bike Rides

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by Jeff aka BOLT, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Jeff aka BOLT

Jeff aka BOLT Prefer Saturdays

Oddometer:
    Arg Arg Arg... you so funny... :poser

Yes I have ridden them... don't like em much... but I do buy 5 or 6 every year from Cycle Smiths and donate them to Chris at Stewards to be given away in their annual raffle to you guys. I am buying trails tire offsets you see... LOL

Yeah I haven't been riding nearly as much as I would like since moving home and business out here last year... BUT got a full week in Ocotilllo next week... and the new year looks to be good for me to get back on the bike a lot more.:clap

But I still have a lot more miles on my bikes than most posers. :rayof

Anyway... thanks again for the pics... helps us guys stuck on the computer enjoy the day. Funny, you must not be riding either... since we both have exactly 559 posts as of today. And I have been here 3 years LONGER than you. Maybe I should be posting pictures for you ! :wave
  2. Kap

Kap Single Track Scalpel

Oddometer:
    He's got ya there Scott, to funny
  3. Excndez

Excndez Girly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hmmmm.

I ride 12-15 times a year and have very few posts on any forum. Does that make me a poser?, squid? noob? Come on help me out here. lol

I heard a funny line recently- "See you at the Bottom" Yep next time I'll sign my name on your back fender with a marks-a-lot. :rofl
  4. junglemototours

junglemototours trailplug

Oddometer:
    12-15? You need to quit that day job! They must be quality rides 'cause you were barking at my fender :D but then again, I am a noob squid.
    What are you doin new years wkend excndez? Think I'll hit up the KOA for Sat and Sunday, everyone else is 'fraid of wet dirt.
    Off to Laughlin for 3 days this wkend :clap
    Best line I heard "try not to leave tire tracks on the internet". :deal
  5. Excndez

Excndez Girly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just funnin ya Jungle:beer 10-15 times a year is about right and don't get me started on suspension set up.:rofl

Next time I won't have my boy along and we can just keep "exploring" those cow tracks we were following. He is a very good rider but doesn't like that particular stuff.

New years I hope to doing a day trip to Mojave.
  6. Kap

Kap Single Track Scalpel

Oddometer:
  7. HAPPYTRAILSINC

HAPPYTRAILSINC single track rider

Oddometer:
    WHAT:huh
    that he has been on here longer than I with the same amount of post????
    1 thing different between us is that we ride and POST PICS of US RIDING
    :lol3
    i cannot recall any pics of him riding though:huh

BUTTTTT , i was just busting his balls:rofl

some peeps like trials tire and others dont :eek1 the ones that dont use them always think we have flats and that they need to be replaced when they get wore down!!

thanks for the donations to the SOS jeff! without them (SOS) most of the stuff we ride would have been closed off by now!

i guess we are lucky that our wives :raabialet us ride as often as we do :evil which has been 4-6 :rickydays a month as of latley:deal

see u guys new years weekend:wave-is that before or after the new year jungle!???
    you getting us one of the camping cabins to crash in?
  8. Jeff aka BOLT

Oddometer:
    Well since you asked... I've always thought you were someone to be admired... do more than say... ride better than most... give when something worth while crossed your path.... and back it all up with a smart ass sense of humor in proper doses. :rofl

So what was your point ? :ear
  9. Excndez

Excndez Girly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My point? I don't have one just about like 99.99% of all this garble on the internet.

I come here to read some funny shiatt and unwind from the real world. I'm never let down BTW. I can't remember the last time I had to go to the ER after an internet ass whoopin" lol

We need to get together and ride Jeff it's been a while. Probably leave that nasty goat out though.
  10. Jeff aka BOLT

Oddometer:
    4-6 days per month is for pussies ! I ride almost that much now and I am apologizing for it... :lol3

You pick up your life and business and move out here totally off grid to an old horse ranch, build a warehouse... remodel an old house... 3 out of state funerals... time with out of state Dad with the big C... all in 14 months and see how much time you have for picture posting. Just getting on the bike has been a challenge.

Anyway... shin kicking aside... I expect a great year of riding in 2013.. have some fun plans coming for this old horse ranch converted to dirt bike ranch for me and my friends... hopefully you'll come join us for some riding AND after riding fun ! :clap
  11. Jeff aka BOLT

Oddometer:
    Ben ALL future Goat Roasts I will be faking it... It's called TBONE ! :lol3
  12. Klammer

Klammer Old and Grumpy

Oddometer:
    Single track,desert, surf, water & snow ski Heaven
    What was the name of that goat?
    <IFRAME height=480 src="https://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/1305720948_KT8xg5B?width=640&height=480&albumId=17209973&albumKey=jfjbRh" frameBorder=0 width=640 scrolling=no></IFRAME>
  13. Jeff aka BOLT

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Lets be honest. We all know there has been a German Shepard missing from Frasier Park since the day Javier showed up late with that "goat". :poser
  14. junglemototours

junglemototours trailplug

Oddometer:
    Suspension set up is good for 250+ posts....:wink:
    Building and bbq-ing a goat, another 300+ posts, you'll be a post ho soon enough! :deal

So where is everyone riding?
  15. Excndez

Excndez Girly Adventurer

Oddometer:

:roflSuspension posts for me = zero Here's the secret, ssshhh, bone stock, springs, clickers, sag tish, tish. I just push out the dealer door and ride. I don't touch chit, nada, nuthin'. Been doing that way for years.

The goat on the other hand....

I'm sure there was cost and Javi definately put in a lot of work cooking it, but that was nasty. BTW I had German Shepard several times and that was not German Shepard.

Ride this weekend? I wish, but I've already used up my 15:1drink

Have fun, stay reasonably safe, and Merry Christmas to everyone.
  16. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:

Klammer, where have you been brother?, I was about to post a missing rider notice on you...

When are we riding again, we've been missin ya on the rides lately.

The goat's name was not Max, Rin tin tin maybe? Max was there and ate plenty of that shit.
  17. Klammer

Klammer Old and Grumpy

Oddometer:
    Single track,desert, surf, water & snow ski Heaven
    Hey Perry, i'm still around. Don't send out SAR just yet. Been mighty jeleous seeing all those great pics of you guys up the green mountain. Freakin work has had me tied down most weekends lately. Getting my new to me desert bike ready for some choclate velcro. We'll be riding soon.:freaky
  18. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    new bike? cool, is it orange? JV, New Years? with Catfish...I'm thinking:ear
  19. catfish

catfish Squidicus Adventurous Supporter

Oddometer:

Come on out and show us your favorite trails too! :ricky

Catfish ...
  20. Jeff aka BOLT

Oddometer:
    Where you gonna be ? I'm heading home from Ocotillo before New Years blows off.... I should be able to ride over from home and meet ya since you are gonna be in the hood ! :freaky