Hey Road Rash

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by linkweewee, Aug 16, 2009.

1. wibby

wibby BrotherFromAnotherMother

Oddometer:
    You forgot to bump ya leghumper!
  2. Road Rash

Road Rash Infamous Supporter

Oddometer:

Good thing I quoted it before you changed it :1drink
  3. wibby

Oddometer:
    :poser

:eek1
  4. wibby

Oddometer:
    Oh! almost forgot

Road Rash :flip
  5. linkweewee

linkweewee momento mori

Oddometer:
    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by DireWolf
    2nd best thread in PNW regionals, right after the "More Liberal Land" thread. :lol3
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    "Hey now you are gonna upset burningweeweeman"

I still have the glory of my dating thread to bask in

this thread? not so much
  6. Road Rash

Oddometer:

Bump

[​IMG]
  7. peterman

peterman cop magnet Supporter

Oddometer:
    well,,ya get out of it just what ya put into it,,bumps and all!
    not leg humpin JohnnyD,,did you read his post in that thread?
    pure gold!

oh,,and bump!
  8. wibby

Oddometer:
    Who's yeller banshee? :knary
  9. Road Rash

Oddometer:

:flip yamageek

[​IMG]
  10. Road Rash

Oddometer:

Yep......................................you healin yerself up?

A buddy's............................anniversary edition, last year of the banshee.
  11. wibby

Oddometer:

Val had a couple :cry

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. YamaGeek

YamaGeek Skeletor sparklemuffin.

Oddometer:
    Well Sunday was my only free day this weekend and I'd figured since Tom And TG were going to be just 47 miles North of us, I'd make a short jaunt up to visit. Yeah we didn't really let them know we were coming, and we took the turbocage, (woo-hoo big adventure..:huh)

Well actually, when we arrived at Sand Dune Frontier, the nice lady at the front desk wanted us to follow the enthusiastic youngster on the Blaster to Tom and Sue's camp spot. The Brick weighs about 3400 pounds, and has low profile, non off road tires, and low ground clearance. I could just see it getting mired in the soft stuff. So Sherri and I decided to hoof it into the camp and gauge the road in before commiting the car to the trail.

Hey it wasn't so bad, we found their camp after about a 1/3rd mile hike in, and I went back and drove back to camp. The brick liked the softer places, I roosted a little with it.

Visiting with the Rashes was TG's mom and dad, Wilma and James, (Tom will correct me if I got this particular bit of info wrong..) Anywhos, we greeted had a second breakfast, and sat for a bit and talked with everyone.

Also camping with them was another relative, I believe Sue's brother Rick(?) It was a nice morning, not much wind yet and about low 60's, ( and no drizzle, which is what mmyself and Sherri had driven from just south of Lakeside.)

[​IMG]

I discovered that James had been a small engine mechanic and a bicycle mechanic in Astoria back in the 50's. We had a lot of similar experiences, and it was interesting to discuss the changes that have come and gone in both jobs over the years.

Of course Tom needed some help filling the sand rail..

[​IMG]

And Rick had been running around on TG's Yamaha Blaster picking up firewood for their firepit from around the immediate area. He seemed to getting some good scores. Tom asked me if I would like to ride the Blaster.

Are you kidding, yes please...:clap

[​IMG]

Of course I'm without a helmet, It's also been a few years since I've ridden a Quad, and my experience with sand on either two or four wheels has not always been good. But the Blaster was perky and had plenty of power if you remembered that it liked to be kept wound up a little. I kept expecting Honda Elsinore MT250 amounts of low end pull. I also had a bit of confusion with the 1 down 4 up shift pattern as my bike is all down from neutral. I kept up shifting it back into first after hooking up second.

[​IMG]

So I didn't get very far or fast, which was probably a good thing. I also ran over my left foot, (forgot that you don't need to put a foot down with 4 wheels when you come to a stop.

[​IMG]

Look out, you'll put yer eye out!

Then Tom and Sue had to go rescue a mate who's quad croaked out in the Further Nether Reaches. Gotta wear handkerchiefs, it's the Frontier ya know..:lol3

[​IMG]

Of course the Salute for the camera..

[​IMG]

And they're off..powered by 1825 cc's of Wolfsburg's finest engineering in an airhead boxer engine. Nice crisp, but mellow exhaust tone, there were some really noisy rigs being driven that day, Tom's was the exception.

[​IMG]

I tried to make myself useful. This involved climbing the sand ridge surrounding the campsite, and discovering a fair amount of deadwood for the fire. The crossed "logs" were actually a 9' long piece of nicely cured pinewood i found that we burned half through, broke in half and kept the fire going, as it had become quite breezy. There were several trees over the campsite that creaked ominously as they were blown about, it made me wish I had brought my chainsaw.

One can get a little too involved in campfire creation, I mentioned burningLinkweeman's skill and Tom was pretty sure we didn't need that much heat.

Oh and thanks for the food and company Tom and family, I hope that James, Wilma and Rick can make Wetfest. Oh yeah, we had a blast.

And so ended our visit with Tom, Sue and family..

[​IMG]
  13. earwig

earwig Crowbar of Embrayage

Oddometer:

Two of the best people I've ever known. :nod

Never met anyone as comfortable in his own skin as RR, and he should be. That said . . . TG is still too good for him.

Unabashed leghump bump.
  14. Road Rash

Oddometer:
    Thanks earwig...............just don't tell TG that she's to good for me, she still hasn't figured that out yet :D

Lewis, Thanks for coming out for a visit, and for the pics :thumb

I'll post just a few of my dune pics.............as not to bore everyone to much.

This is the reason I've been MIA the last couple of weeks, preping for this trip was a lot of work, but it was worth it for my sweetie :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Air time

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I took TG's Mom for a ride.......................

[​IMG]

.........then her Dad (they both loved it)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This guy was nuts

[​IMG]

My buddy's buggy

[​IMG]

Dune tow rig

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. Road Rash

Oddometer:
    Sorry wibby..................I hope the pics bring back good memories..................ya got to hang on to the good memories.
  16. wibby

Oddometer:
    One of these days I'll get me a Yeller Banshee

Kinda waste of money for as much as you get to use em but they sure are fun!
  17. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    Hey PeterMAN!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IxHW-QGMuZ4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IxHW-QGMuZ4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wi4g_U0hoOg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="385"></object>

:augie
  18. Beerslayer

Beerslayer Journeyman Bike Knocker

Oddometer:
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]August 12, 13 - Perseids Meteor Shower. The Perseids is one of the best meteor showers to observe, producing up to 60 meteors per hour at their peak. This year's shower should peak on the night of August 12 and the morning of the 13th, but you may be able to see some meteors any time from July 23 - August 22. The radiant point for this shower will be in the constellation Perseus. The thin, crescent moon will be out of the way early, setting the stage for a potentially spectacular show. For best viewing, look to the northeast after <st1:time minute="0" hour="0">midnight</st1:time>.

Think I will ride up to the top of the mountain above the OP with Dakez Thursday night and watch this. Should be a great show.
    [/FONT]
  19. peterman

peterman cop magnet Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

better to bring your ear plugs!
  20. earwig

earwig Crowbar of Embrayage

Oddometer:
    And stand back . . .

[​IMG]