Missouri Adventure Riders Thread

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by ThumperDRZ, Jun 7, 2007.

1. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:

If you by a helmet cam Gary----remember you're going to have to have a motorsickle to go under it :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Maybe I should just give you my KLR-------nobody wants it anyway----------------------"NOT"

BigDog
  2. BigDogAdventures

Oddometer:
    When it got late-----I saw Bash3R's eyes gettin' "Sweepy"
    I brought out my little story book of lightweight adventure travel and gave Bill a bedtime story.
    I signed the book---and told Bill I'd will that book to him when I died--but he couldn't have it just yet !!!!

"Now I lay me down to sleep---I ride the creeks that are way too deep"

[​IMG]
  3. ThumperDRZ

ThumperDRZ Bouncing off Rocks!

Oddometer:
    Awesome report Mark - you crack me up...:thumb

Looks like you and Bill had a great time!

4. CamelBill

CamelBill Ride It! Supporter

Oddometer:
    It sounds like it is Happy B-Day to both you guys! (and welcome to the club, which has a limited life time membership from here on out) Enjoy:freaky
  5. ThumperDRZ

Oddometer:
    Yep we share a great day.....and year!

Where were you in '62.........:brow
  6. this is a RV

this is a RV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice report, I wish I would have hung around for that B&B. Did the lady look at you guy's funny when you checked in?
  7. bash3r

bash3r 790ADVR

Oddometer:
    Nope.. she was the sweetest lady.. heck I offered to pay for the room for for some "unknown" reason my CC wouldn't work.. so, money bags BigDog had to foot the bill... I'm just wondering if she really tried my CC or just wanted the old guy to pay :rofl

BigDog.... I bet we find ourselves back at that place in the distant near future... that was great, wasn't as nice as Loggers Lake but we made do :D
  8. BigDogAdventures

Oddometer:
    Not at all---she was so nice. Real old fashion gal and her son helped us get settled. She seemed sheepish about asking us $60---and then said "Is that OK" ????

Then her son didn't know how to run the credit card machine and if we didn't have the full cash------he said that it would be OK if we didn't have it all.

Really nice people.

I do remember her saying she charges by the person----but seemed that charge was negotiable or not set in stone ????
    The house was completely and I mean completely furnished--full kitchen with everything you'd have in your kitchen minus the actual food. Super comfy living room-----3 bedroom---nice front enclosed porch-----2 story. 2 bathrooms---one bath/shower. 2 carports to keep bikes or cars under.

Clean as a pin.

I may have gotten a cheaper rate---cause I told her we just wanted a place to sleep and wouldn't being messing up the kitchen or anything else for that matter.
  9. bash3r

bash3r 790ADVR

Oddometer:
    Hey Gary.... yea I hear you about the battery.. I carry 3 GoPro batteries with me, I can be charging off the bike while using one, and I know I'll never run out. For that price point, if you can get passed the boxy design, the GoPro really does have the best quality, I wouldn't get anything older than a GoPro Hero2. Now that the Hero3 has come out, you will find HD2's for a good price! I use mine for a lot of other stuff besides helmet cam footage...

Here's my GoPro Hero2 on my Jib with my HDSLR.. I can view the video feed from the GoPro on my iPhone as a remote monitor as well as remote control it. This is huge for other video shoots I do..

[​IMG]

The Hero3 has built-in WiFi.. the Hero2 has to have the Wifi-BacPac.. I may upgrade to the Hero3 soon :) Here's my WiFi remote:

[​IMG]

And here's a few on my iPhone..

[​IMG]

If you have the extra $$ the Hero3 is smaller & lighter.. The Contour's are nice too, I just prefer the GoPro's because the quality and versatility to be used more than a helmet cam for my needs.

Good luck!
  10. MizzouRider

MizzouRider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Holy cow Gary, I'm a little slow on the uptake. Didn't realize it was your birthday too!
    Hope you and Glen both had good ones! I'm knocking on the door of the next decade. Ha.
    When are you just going to pull the trigger on a bike? Good deals out there..
  11. dmac431

dmac431 Boots

Oddometer:
    Just North of the border, the other Mexico
    I have to say the adventue and pictures I just read and saw were awesome. Thumper.... thank you! I am new to the Adventure riding and hope to meet some of you someday and share great adventures and experiences. :ricky
  12. ThumperDRZ

Oddometer:
    Thanks Bill - I'm going to go with the GoPro Hero3 White edition after mucho research and reading....

Good Starter Camera....

Welcome - I have to say being on this board and riding with a bunch of these guys has literally been some of the best times of my life. :thumb

That all day ride with BigDog, Mizzou Rider, and others when I swamped my bike way down south close to dark was one of them. Thinking about riding back in the dark on the gravel dodging bats and the dead raccoon still cracks me up.

That was one of those days that will stay in the memory bank.

I just need to get another bike......:nod
  13. ThumperDRZ

Oddometer:
    It will work all the same on the mtn bike......at least for now

You never know........:wink:

14. Themastermike

Themastermike Think you caught me in a coma Supporter

Oddometer:
    Pictures taken from the south so a little deceiving. It isn't out of the water that far. I read that originally there were three of these 'towers'. Two of them were blasted down and hauled away for rock. Too bad. You are seeing the remains of them in these couple of pix.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two miles of gravel bar that is typically underwater

[​IMG]

I think I saw Tom Sawyer initials carved in this. Seeing some dry after being under water.

[​IMG]

Check out the old square nails

[​IMG]
  15. dmac431

dmac431 Boots

Oddometer:
    Just North of the border, the other Mexico

Thank you for the Welcome. I look forward to getting to know you guys and have some good times. If you guys ever get together for a weekend ride let me know. I'm in Mexico, but will travel..... :lol3
  16. justdirtyfun

justdirtyfun Long timer

Oddometer:
    By any chance did that bridge in the background carry a pipeline? Wife and I were riding southern Il. and seen one.
  17. BigDogAdventures

Oddometer:
    It's not a bridge---or a traditional bridge you can travel on anyway.

It's only purpose is to support 2 ------30" natural gas lines.

BigDog
  18. CamelBill

CamelBill Ride It! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anybody up for a dual sport ride this Sunday. Not looking to do anything too big or too early . . .:ear
  19. Hazman27

Hazman27 The Haz

Oddometer:
    Is any one planning on the SLAP 2013? It would be my firtst time. If anyone has any helpful tips please pass them along. I know it's early, but I thought it might be cool to roll into Arkansas as a group. I'm not a planner, I'm a do-er.
  20. Hazman27

Hazman27 The Haz

Oddometer:
    Planned route? Woods,pavement?