When is the 1190 ADV hitting the US?

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by Englishmatt, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Englishmatt

Englishmatt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Guys.

Anyone got any updates on when the 1190 and 1190R will be available in the US?

I keep hearing Oct - Jan....just curious if you guys/gals knew any different?

Thanks.
  2. Espada

Espada Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    From what I have read, the 2014 bike will be built in December. If that is true, then I think we will not see bike hit our shores any earlier than January 2014. That gives me time to sell my bike. So... Anybody want, or know of anybody who wants a 2010 Multistrada 1200S Touring? :D
  3. TIGERRIDER007

TIGERRIDER007 North GA RAT

Oddometer:
    So is the rumored price $18K? Oh, no...
  4. aspaldo

aspaldo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm expecting to pay right around $20k, I can't imagine it'll be much lower than a premium-plus-something-or-other-top-o-the-line R12GS.
  5. PS-RagE

PS-RagE Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got my order in now. Feb delivery, I understand.
  6. wsmc99

wsmc99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    $16,499 is the estimate for the standard

Getting my SMT ready for sale.
  7. Espada

Espada Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Multiple sources are putting the price at $16,799 for the 1190 ADV-R. Additionally I have read that the base price for the 1190 ADV is going to be roughly $300 less than the R. That said, I wouldn't be surprised of the 1190 ADV comes in a hair pricier once the Electonic Suspension Adjustment is added. Either way, we are probably going to be looking at roughly $18k OTD. Don't forget to save up for the Wings exhaust and the H&B bags. Also the heated grips... Gotta do those :D
  8. Rodknee

Rodknee the post is mightier than the sword...

Oddometer:
    i am ready to buy 1190 parts. hopefully the parts supply start filtering in soon.
  9. TIGERRIDER007

Oddometer:
    I can only hope the price starts out in the $16K neighborhood not $18K! That difference means a lot to me.
  10. waylongway

waylongway madmax

Oddometer:
    Just got back from a demo ride today.2014 1190.They had 6 of each..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Guestions?
  11. Espada

Espada Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    With the information being presented, I would be surprised (disappointedly so) if the starting price was north of the $16k range. I said in my earlier post that I would probably be paying $18k OTD, but that including bags, heated grips, and the like.
  12. TIGERRIDER007

Oddometer:
    Boy I hope you are right, if so, I will add this to my garage after a short test ride. I'm hoping for all of us over here in the states that the price is right. :)
    Kind of seems that the west coast is getting a lot of love from the big orange truck...lucky devils!
    If anyone hears of a firm price, while on a demo ride, give it a shout here, thanks, or riding impressions...
  13. waylongway

waylongway madmax

Oddometer:
  14. Espada

Espada Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you very much! I do have a question from your demonstration ride:

• How is the low speed fueling. The low speed fueling on my 2010 Multistrada 1200S is kind of crap, so the idea of a smooth V-Twin down low would be very nice
    • Did you feel the weight of the exhaust can much on the right side? I plan on getting a Wings... but I'm still curious
    • I have read good things about the gearbox, but that was from journalists, and I am reticent to believe everything they write (due to not wanted to upset bike mfgrs.), how did banging through the gears feel to you? Was it smooth?
    • I want an R, but my brother wants a Standard, so I'll ask about the electronic suspension, did you play with the modes, and did you feel a difference? Electronic suspension adjustment is definitely one place where the Multi shines
    • Is it easy to wheelie (^_^)
    • Do you recall if the digital displays got washed out in the sunlight?
  15. SCflyer

SCflyer Long timer

Oddometer:

Still all on the west side. There are KTM riders East Colorado...
  16. waylongway

waylongway madmax

Oddometer:
    OK, I will try to give (my) opinions :hmmmmm
    The low speed did seem to be somewhat hesitant ,I had a hard time tying to keep at a smooth spot. But that could be just the motor ,it's pretty lippy.

It seemed like it was hard to keep the throttle pulled back .

I could not feel the motor low down, only when I got it up in revs could you feel the power.

Weight all around was real light.

Take into account My bike is a 07 1200gs W/ OHLINS .My bike feels like a monster compared to this thing.
    I'm 6'1 and it felt small to me? And it looks much smaller than the DAKAR .Which I think would feel like a dirt bike compared to my bike..

The gear box was super smooth compared t to my Beemer. I could find N no problem w/ my cross fires on.

I did not play w/the electronic suspension but watched the KTM guy go though the mods. The street mod was pretty slushy.

Once again take into account that this test ride was in Roseville a off shoot of Sac., stop and go all the way for about 40 mins. And one fwy part a mile long ,So basically it SUCKED!

I tried to get on it what I could and I think this bike would do wheelies all day long. And it is one sexy looking bike!

The digital display was good all the time and pretty easy to read..

I did not like the front of the bike (motor) part, looks like lots of stuff to get fucked up or smashed

All that said...And this is my opinion (feelings), So don't get all upset.

This is not the bike for me and the kind of riding I do. It just made me love my bike all the more. I could put 1/2 a car on the back of that thing and my wife in it and you would hardy notice it was there .But I do have mapper ,full exhaust ,air filter.

I can rip the gravel roads because I have learned to stand up for 50 miles
    and go places a GS probably shouldn't be, but I can't do the real dirt stuff. my Knees just won't take it.

I would rather keep my bike and find a 07,08 Dakar with all the goodies for 1/2 the price w/ a few scratches on it .I think I would be much happier.

So now I don't have to wonder?

But like I said that's just ME :D
  17. TIGERRIDER007

Oddometer:
    So you're saying that the standard version 1190 would not make a good off roader? :huh

So, what did NOT do it for you, the throttle response?

I wonder if riding the standard version and riding the R version would be different...with suspension, handling (the R has the 21 inch front wheel), etc....maybe you would have liked that better?

Just investigating and picking people's brains who have actually been on this mythical beast, because it doesn't seem to be coming to the east coast at all.....:cry
  18. MookieBlaylock

MookieBlaylock Long timer

Oddometer:
    see that's a huge difference in feel and response on most all modern bikes
  19. tacosupreme

tacosupreme Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There are more Motorcycles sold in Southern California than any other state. Cali has over a million registered bikes, of course they get all of the goodies first. Florida is second, at about half a million bikes registered. They'll make it out there eventually.
  20. motokeith

motokeith Long timer

Oddometer:
    I also took an 1190 Standard for a demo spin at the Roseville event. My frame of reference for comparison is my 2012 990 Adventure. I also have Ducati, so I hear what you're saying about the low speed throttle issues.

While I did not really try riding the bike at very low rpms for much distance, I did not have any real issues with fueling. It pulled away cleanly from a standstill and took throttle from middling rpm's without bucking and complaining. I had no issues smoothly controlling the bike during low speed turns.

I do not like that the side-mount exhaust requires that the side case have a cut-out that removes a third of the capacity, but there is nothing handling wise that you notice from the exhaust.

Gearbox was smooth and I had no fumbling around or missed shifts, even considering that I was wearing fairly stiff brand new Sidi Adventure boots at the time.

The bike was set on 'sport' mode and I didn't fool with the settings. I thought the suspension felt fine for the street riding we were doing. I will say that the suspension felt more composed than my 990 Adventure under acceleration and braking, but that's obviously kind of apples-to-oranges as it is comparing 'sport' mode on the 1190 to the suspension on what is basically a giant dirt bike.

That 1190 motor is a beast and it is stoopid easy to do wheelies. I was rolling along in 3rd, rolled the throttle to the stop and within a couple seconds the front end was departing terra firma. This thing is seriously fast.

It was a bright sunny day and I didn't notice any issues with viewing the display. I did notice that the handle-bar buttons that control the display seemed to need a firm press to make them work consistently.

Other notes...

The bike does *feel* smaller than my 990 Adventure. I think that is mostly perception from the fact that there is not as much dash and what not in front of you. Handling was quite light and felt more like a bike with a 17" rather than the 19" front wheel. I also felt that the ergos were a little more street bike-ish with my hands a bit lower and forward than with my 990. Also, I felt a little more 'locked in' in the sitting position. I did ride it standing for a bit and it was comparable to my 990 Adventure, fairly comfortable for my 5'10" height. I obviously can't comment on its off-road aspects, but I will say that as compared to the 950/950 Adventure there seems to be more stuff exposed to a bashing during off-road activities and it doesn't have the same 'big dirt bike' feeling. From a fit-and-finish perspective the 1190 seems much more refined than my 990 Adventure.