I burnt the chicken and she took off

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Dirtbiker78, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Dirtbiker78

Dirtbiker78 Getting there...

Oddometer:
    Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much for all the replies on my post. That really makes the trouble of putting it all down worthwhile.

Cross got delayed coming out of Washington, But I got him last night and he's home and well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cross spent his entire life looking for his Kong (chew toy) cause that was his favorite toy and the one that was used to train him for his scent recognition for explosives and his reward when he found them. Now that he's "Retired" I've given him the toy and he has it with him all the time :freaky
  2. primate

primate Group W

Oddometer:
    I finally got around to finish reading your RR. Good looking pooch, glad you got him home. I was just going to say, that as I read ride reports, I usually have google maps open so I can see where folks are. On the first page you state that you were fired up about Rte 66, then you blasted through Kingman, first think I noticed on the map was a Rte 66 museum there. :lol3 You may want to do a day trip.
  3. Dirtbiker78

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your feedback. That's a great idea, I may just do that :freaky
  4. oneway

oneway Tehachapi CA

Oddometer:
    nice ride report. let me tell you how RIGHT YOU ARE ABOUT DOMINGO"S:
    Domingo started in Tehachapi, now has left that restaurant to his brother Gilbert, and started the restaurant in Boron. seemingly nowhere, but it draws the Edwards AFB crowd. I live in Tehachapi, yet I drive to boron to go to Domingo"s. it's that good!!!
    now he has opened a new restaurant in Lancaster, CA. already been there 3 times, just last week as a matter of fact. can't believe you stumbled on it. now you got me thinking it would be a nice little ride for a get together.:freaky:freaky:freaky:freaky:freaky:freaky:freaky:freaky:freaky:wink:
  5. Dirtbiker78

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info. That was the best place I ate at on the whole trip and I'm definitely stopping in there again when I'm next in that part of the world. It's close to 500 miles from where I live though so not exactly a "there and back" kind of place for me, but like you say, it would be nice to plan a ride around Domingo's, maybe include it as a part of a future adventure.

:thumb

Laura's still not home and I'm already so bored I considered vacuum cleaning the back garden :rofl
    It's much better to be alone inside your helmet than alone in an empty house, I think about this road trip often and wish I could have stayed on the road a little longer.

There's always a next time though :freaky
  6. boatpuller

boatpuller Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice ride report. I just found it, and know nuthin' about you except what's in here. But it sounds like you've adopted the U.S. as your home, and already contributed through your service - welcome and thank you. If you think you'll ride in any more chilly temps, invest in a heated jacket and gloves, and a controller. Once you get them, you'll love them. They are good for cool, and also for freezing cold. Your bike has the charging system to support them.

If you ride 66 east, you're invited to look me up in St. Louis. Just send a PM in advance, so I can get you contact info. 66 is a mile from my home, and it's a treat to visit with riders on a big trip. (I also know how nice it can be to visit with locals: I've slept on a couch in some hippies' trailer in the Everglades; dined with distant relatives all over the country; stayed with the friend of a friend's friend in SD, CA; Welcomed into a rider's home in Seattle, etc. etc. etc. From strangers I've met along the way, I have standing invites to homes in the Smokey Mountains, Ozark Mountains, southern tip of TX, Glacier NP, CO, Canadian Rockies, Berkshire Mountains, and some I'm forgetting. It's all been good and part of the richness of motorcycle travel. So, reach out if you come through the area.)

The kong: Our dog also loves her's, but especially when it's stuffed with milk bone treats. Cross looks beautiful, btw.