Beach drive tommorow

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by scorch, Mar 18, 2005.

1. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    Anyone up for a 50 mile ride tommorow? Trying to get back into cycling shape and need all the practice i can get. Probably will start at around noon. Will mean two trips from rockville to the waterfront.
  2. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    Didnt end up doing beach drive.

But ended up riding my mountain bike from whites ferry to the waterfront in D.c. and back.

The ride down there was fun. It was nice and sunny, and it felt good, but breeze. I was just wearing shorts and a tank top.

THe ride up was harsh. By the time I got to d.c. i bonked, and remembered I did not bring any food. So I rode down a little more and the food stand was closed. And my water was gone.

I rode north to Great falls park, and the stands were closed. My legs were cramping badly and I had no energy left because i bonked.

I got back to the car at 9pm. In complete darkness. I could not see 2 feet in front of me. I had no lights, and i was freezing.

But all in all 75 miles of riding my mountain bike.

This was by far the most challenging ride ive done, mainly because i bonked. Otherwise i would have been okay. But it was difficult riding in the dark, and freezing and out of energy. Your mind plays tricks on you.

Motorcycle riding is extremely easy, i have alot of respect for the bicycle riders that we as motorcycle riders pass at warp speed all the time. If you think motorcycles are dangerous give bicycling a try. I commuted for years on a bicycle and only got hit by a land rover twice.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. blacksan

blacksan Rev Limiter

Oddometer:
    I took my TREK out twice yesterday beacuse I am getting the bicycle fever again as it gets warmer. It looks like we are going too have a bunch of rain down here for the next few weeks so I might need to pick up one of the rim-drive trainers before I go looney without my weekly bicycle fix.

Where is that trail you rode it looks really cool? Are you interested in doing the Virginia Creeper trail this spring or summer? I was also thinking about straping my Mt. bike on the ol KLR and heading out to add some flavor too my limited summer 4 wheel vehicle travel as this gas thing will have me tied in knots!
  4. Fat Toney

Fat Toney Long timer

Oddometer:
    If it was the Other Washington I would have been all over it...your washington looks good though.
  5. scorch

scorch Poser

Oddometer:
    Where are you at?

I am more of a roadie. I got a de rosa nuovo classico bike(old but a goodie).

THe cool thing about the c/o topath is that its 188 miles!!! You can start in the waterfront and hit cumberland, md.

Shift is thinking about doing the whole thing this year, and I will probably join him.

I like riding mybicycle in warm weather mainly for the excersice and the bitches. There were tons of girls out yesterday near d.c. Too bad it was still a bit nippy, when its warm they bring out the thongs :D

No idea what the creeper trail is. What is it?

I am also thinking of doing the skyline drive on my road bike this year. Thats 105 miles of hills.
    :evil Right now at 165lbs it hurts on the climbs. Got to bring it down to 150lbs. :thumb
  6. RT jim

RT jim Long timer

Oddometer:
    I used to ride alot many years ago till A drunk driver ass ended me at 40mph. I lived but lots of crap happen to my poor body. No shit happen to the guy nothing ! no insurance on his car. 9mo. out of work for me. Why is there no bike trails??? Lived in Chicago for a while they had some nice ones.
  7. viverrid

viverrid not dead yet

Oddometer:
    Same Land Rover?
  8. Omi

Omi ssion

Oddometer:
    I am going to break out the cyclocross bike in a few weeks. I will ride the tow path often since Georgetown is less than a mile from my house. I can't wait to get back in shape!