German members sign in here

Discussion in 'Europe' started by bavarian, Apr 2, 2008.

1. jdn

jdn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Welcome welcome! My girlfriend studies in Hamburg, beautiful city. :nod Good luck on your test!
  2. Ciph3r

Ciph3r Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you :) It sure is a beautiful city, I just can't seem to find me some curves, they must all be in hiding :D
  3. pip_muenster

pip_muenster curious

Oddometer:
    Head north, there's plenty beautiful roads in the 'Holsteinische Schweiz' - and you can take a refreshing bath in the Baltic!
  4. Ciph3r

Ciph3r Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I will! I only saw some roads around Hamburg with my driving teacher and maybe one or two curves that would classify for one :D but I will get a bike later this or early next month and I'll have my vacation then, how convenient :) So I'll have plenty of time to do some excursions :)
  5. jdn

jdn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Out of curiosity: what do you plan to get?
  6. Ciph3r

Ciph3r Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm not quite sure yet since I have to test drive them, to see what works and what not. But I have my eyes on either a BMW F800R or a Honda CBF600s, or something else...
    I think the BMW would be more fun, but is also more expensive. But since I want to use the bike on a daily basis and for vacation, I think the CBF would be a closer fit (for the vacation part), if I want to get the BMW touring ready, I think I have to put more money in the BMW.... I saw some Hondas for around 5 to 6k€ including panniers and heated grips, that would be nearly half the price of a BMW with the same configuration...
    Another big plus for the Honda would be, that I could pay it in cash and not have to finance half of it...

Edit: Test went easy, had a relaxed auditor and an easy ride, just 20 min Autobahn and 10 min on country roads :)
  7. Raabe

Raabe CAW CAW!!!

Oddometer:
    Heh :)

If riding to Austria, you can leave a PM if i have the time at that point maybe we can meet up for some ride-together. :freaky

Yea Erzberg, someday i will do that with my Transalp!

greetings
  8. jdn

jdn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Grats :clap No city?
  9. Ciph3r

Ciph3r Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks :) Not really, we went immediately from the TÜV to the Autobahn (took maybe 4 minutes), then some kilometers on country roads and then a little bit in Norderstedt straightforward to a parking lot, where we changed drivers (it was a "double test") and he could drive through all the 30kmh areas, stop signs, and right before left areas, incl. some crosswalks. I had nothing from that sorts, I only had to watch out for speed limits and red lights :D My driving teacher couldn't believe it, it must have been my lucky day :D
  10. Shane007

Shane007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Not really new to the forum. I used to be on when I lived in Turkey. Anyway I just picked up a 2013 F800GS and am looking for fellow adv riders. I am a military dependent living in the k-town area, so I have a lot of time during the week to hit up those roads that are closed to motorcycles on the weekends.
  11. kaengurooo

kaengurooo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    And here another german living in sydney region australia!
    cheers klaus!
  12. leChris

leChris n00b

Oddometer:
    AAAaaand another one!:D

My name is Chris and from the boring north of Germany!
    I´m riding a F650 during wintertime and my beloved british Lady for the better times of the Year;)

I´m about to do my "Polar-Express-Tour" to North Cape and back in these upcoming vacations and will be glad about any Tips and hints!:)

yours
  13. RuckedUp

RuckedUp Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was just up that way in July. Weather was rain and cold. Let me know if you have questions.
  14. Tigris_GER

Tigris_GER Adventure-Finder

Oddometer:
    Howdie,

I`m Franklin from beautiful Eifel area (10km from Nuerburgring). Most of the time I´m living and working in Kabul.

Actually I own two sidecar motorbikes, a BMW K1100 and a Ukrainian KMS (Dnepr) MB 750.

Kind regards from Kabul
  15. mike-munich

mike-munich Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Welcome guys!

You stay safe there. Been there 2 times during OEF.
  16. Tigris_GER

Tigris_GER Adventure-Finder

Oddometer:
    Hi Mike,

thanks - I'm in Green Village in Kabul as civilian member of EUPOL Afghanistan (European Union Police Mission in Afghanistan).

Unfortunately no biking possible here due to security regulations although I really would appreciate to explore the country with a dual sports.

Kind regards from Kabul
  17. mike-munich

mike-munich Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Franklin,

I wasn't far from Green Village, at Camp Phoenix, but also at Camp Warehouse for the joint missions and TF work.
    I ran into a couple of EUPOL cops, working with the ANP.

Yeah, some of the roads are made for dual sports, like up north to Bagram...:eek1 haha. Would be no fun riding over an IED...

Stay safe and keep up the good work!

Mike
  18. leChris

leChris n00b

Oddometer:
    Thank you! I just sent a PM!

Chris
  19. pubetmaster

pubetmaster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The quoting doesn"t work for me from this PC, so..

@leChris:

I did that trip, to the Northcap, 2012 also with an friend of mine, if you have questions let me know.

Cheers
  20. MotoPundit

MotoPundit MacGyver

Oddometer:
    Can anyone recommend a decent insurance company -- preferably one that might be able to offer service in English?

Thanks.