VFR Thread, How many of us have 'em?

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Chad_NC, Feb 5, 2009.

1. creaky

creaky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have had good results with Loctite Plastic Bonder. Scuff the area to be repaired with 80 grit sandpaper, clean the area with PVC primer, apply the Loctite and allow at least 24 hours for complete cure. [​IMG]
  2. Lolthatguy

Lolthatguy Has a Zombie House

Oddometer:
    A 45 rear sprocket is +2 from stock.

3rd gear wheelies you say?? Im due for new chain and cogs. Might go this route.. :lol3

Im enjoying roll on wheelies in 1st, and roll off snap on wheelies in second. Kids in cars love it too :clap
  3. gots_a_sol

gots_a_sol Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a my drz supermoto for those kinds of shenanigans :rofl

I rode it some more today and I think I might live with the gearing for now. It is less noticeable now that I've gotten a few more miles on it.

And my god, that exhaust note is amazing. If it wasn't so cold out, I might have had a chubby :lol3

[​IMG]

Knock off about 10-15 degrees for my ride home in the dark. Sure is nice having some fairings to get behind now.
  4. Ponies ate my Bagel

Ponies ate my Bagel Bisexual Bandit

Oddometer:
    You bastards! Look what I just did...

[​IMG]

Traded my DRZ for it today. 2002 6th gen with almost 21k on it. It's been dropped and has some fairly minor scuffing on the right side but overall it's in good condition. It's a huge difference from the DRZ, I loves it. The battery was low when I got it, so it's on the trickle for the night. After running it for around 30 minutes though it charged without an issue and was starting on it's own.
  5. PalePhase

PalePhase Humour Noir

Oddometer:
    Yeah, they did the same thing to me. Shameless, just shameless. :D

Congrats on your new sled. 21K on the clock is about right IMO. Mine had less than 7400 when I bought it 2 1/2 years ago, and all of the issues I have had with it stemmed from it having not been ridden often enough before I bought it. :lol3 Hopefully you'll be spared the dried out and leaking fuel pressure regulator just recently replaced on mine.
  6. Ray of Sunshine

Ray of Sunshine Happy Grrrl

Oddometer:
    Ponies ate my Bagel-
    Congrats on buying a fine motorbike. I don't know how you will deal with the difference to the DRZ. But suck it up, let the sheer greatness of the VFR envelop you.
  7. LuciferMutt

LuciferMutt Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer:
    Oh jesus...Ponies Ate My Bagel has a VFR now? Great...now I have to sell mine. :deal
  8. Ponies ate my Bagel

Ponies ate my Bagel Bisexual Bandit

Oddometer:
    I got it for 2 up touring, trips to monterey and LA occasionally. My last big bike was an R1 so it shouldn't be to difficult to adjust. So far I really like it. The tank is really wide and I find it's a big uncomfortable to straddle it, any tips on this? (I know, everyone probably figured I had a "Wide stance"!) I love Honda's in general so it was a no brainer, I think it will be a fantastic ride.

If I hadn't just bought one I'd take it off your hands! :p
  9. mike884

mike884 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a nice 94 - 750 if anyone is interested, get in touch. :evil
  10. hpsVFR

hpsVFR Hoosier Daddy

Oddometer:
    Sold my VFR today.

I hope the guy takes care of it; he seemed like he knows (dirt)bikes, and seems to appreciate the thing for what it is.

I don't have anyplace to host recent pics just ATM, but this ride report from 2006 shows us off in more care-free days:
    GS Trans-plant ride 2006

I didn't cry, but was tempted. I miss it already.:cry
  11. LuciferMutt

Oddometer:
    There, there. It will be ok.
  12. Storm Shadow

Storm Shadow Thread Ninja

Oddometer:
    Well mines too fast so i cant ride anymore. Now its for sale :banghead::mad::banghead:

send on a small touch screen by a guy with fat fingers
  13. seantx

seantx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Eye-humped a NOS 2010 vfr12 today. Having impure thoughts about how to get this unsanctioned purchase past my wifeypoo/CFO.
  14. Unleaded

Unleaded Unit Train

Oddometer:
    Many on this thread will tell you they aren't 'real' VFRs. Whatever you want to call them, I'm telling you, they're sweet. I've been scratching together 40 degree rides on this since January. 600 miles so far - cant wait til it warms up.

[​IMG]
  15. gots_a_sol

gots_a_sol Long timer

Oddometer:
    Quick question, this is not the original R/R, correct? Looks like it is the updated version for this bike? Is it any good or should I plan on replacing it at some point?

[​IMG]

Oh and I worked on the exhaust a bit. Some people should not be allowed to fabricate things :lol3

The muffler did not exit in the center and was at an angle as well. But the plate bracket takes the cake I think :rofl

[​IMG]

Look at that :rofl :rofl

[​IMG]

New plate bracket and straightened muffler

[​IMG]
  16. greywolves

greywolves Too OLD to be a NOOB - ANYWHERE!

Oddometer:
    How do you like this BEAUTY? Did you have a previous gen. to compare it to?
  17. greywolves

greywolves Too OLD to be a NOOB - ANYWHERE!

Oddometer:
    How do you like this BEAUTY? Did you have a previous gen. to compare it to?
  18. Unleaded

Unleaded Unit Train

Oddometer:
    I absolutely love the bike so far. I've never owned a VFR to compare. I'm coming off a string of BMWs, the most recent of which was a K1300S. I posted a thread some pages back called "60 miles on a VFR1200" comparing the VFR12 to the K13 if you had any time to kill and were interested. While the K1300S ranks among my favorite all-time bikes, I actually like the engine characteristics of the big Viffer even better.
  19. LuciferMutt

Oddometer:
    The 1200 is one of those bikes that looks about a million times better in the flesh than it does it photos. Huge, huge difference.

They still sound like ass though. :deal
  20. Unleaded

Unleaded Unit Train

Oddometer:
    :lol3 Agreed on the part about looking better in the flesh, for sure. I disconnected the flapper cable in the exhaust so it sounds much better than stock. I actually like the sound pretty well - but what do I know, here's the sacrilege of the day: I HATE the sound of gear driven cams. :lol3. I don't love the look of the pipe, contrary to my first thoughts, so it'll be binned one day when I have a little cash laying around for another.