Northeastern Minnesota

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by arrowhead rider, Apr 25, 2011.

1. tommymerle

tommymerle advwanabee

Oddometer:
    HUMMMM I'll dream of an 88 NX 250 for $30.00. I'd be up for going, I'll drive my truck so we have room for all the bargains to haul back. We could even stop for pie!
  2. jwalters

jwalters Farkle Proliferator

Oddometer:
    I have to swing down to Duluth tomorrow. I'm going to stop in at Sir Ben's if anyone else is interested, I'll be there around 6-7pm.
    -jw
  3. tommymerle

tommymerle advwanabee

Oddometer:
    I've got to get new rubber on my truck and pick up some steel. If i can get tires ordered I'll see you there.
  4. toadl

toadl Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tbickner and I are debating between going to Nemadji or Paul Bunyan State Forests on Sunday to ride some single track:D. It's supposed to be a nice day. We were looking for feedback on the amount of snow in the woods in these areas. I know I who can give me an official report for the Akeley area and a good guess would be helpful for the Nemadji (just S. of Duluth) area.
    Anyone else who wants to join us is welcome.
  5. jwalters

Oddometer:
    I can't say for sure, but I drove up from the Cities on Sunday after most of the snowfall. It didn't start to accumulate until around Hinckley. So south of Duluth might not be too bad, especially in the low lands. And yes, I am interested, so long as my carb jets show up this week!

6. c-zulu

c-zulu Works with Turds

Oddometer:

Truck down to Superior, Gandy Dancer to Nemadji...:evil
  7. KTMSAM

KTMSAM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys/ladies, I live in Duluth and last week I traded my 2008 KTM Super Duke in to Starr Cycle in Mankato for a 2012 KTM Adventure. I can't wait to get out and ride it this spring and I will definitely be looking forward to meeting up with all of you and riding in areas that the Super Duke didn't allow.
    KTMSAM
  8. jwalters

Oddometer:
    Nice to meet you too! C-Zulu and I would agree, you made a good choice going with a KTM Adv. :D Stay tuned, I'm going to host a movie night in a couple weeks, we're going to show the new Trans Am Trail DVD. It would be nice to meet you then.
    Jesse

9. toadl

toadl Long timer

Oddometer:
    We decided on Nemadji. We will look at the single track and the snow, if it's impossible we will be doing the ATV trails. The goal will be to be active and warm.
    We're going to trailer there. I'm sure temps will be in the 30's all day. If you rode the GandyDancer (illegally in WI) to Nemadji, I'd be impressed.
    I have a lot of keilin main jets for the FCR if that will persuade you to come.
  10. arrowhead rider

arrowhead rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Parts of northern wisconsin(brule,lake nebagomon) received a foot of snow last week.
  11. jwalters

Oddometer:
    From what I saw and what Arrowhead Rider just said about WI, I think Nemadji State Forest is a good bet. C-Zulu want to carpool Sunday? I can bring my trailer.

12. arrowhead rider

arrowhead rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great, another big ktm to ride with! I can never quite tell if my quiet klr single cylinder started or not with JW or Czulu's noisy twins idleing next to me!:D
  13. KTMSAM

KTMSAM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Excellent, definitely keep me posted about the movie night. I've only ridden the bike 130 miles and I'm already in love with it, I can't wait to hone in my skills off road and most likely see how well the crash cage was built :D

14. Lutz

Lutz Fuzzy Rabbit

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a lot of fun. I'll be out hunting, or I'd be in for this ride.

By the way, the northern section of the Gandy Dancer on the Wisconsin side - everything you'd be riding - is open to ATVs, but Todd may be right on the closed to OHM part. Out of the cobwebs in my mind, I'm remembering a DNR Warden giving some dirt bikers a very hard time about this during a past deer season. It is definitely closed to cars and trucks. The Straight Arrows should be up to speed on whether it's open to OHM's on the WI side.

Also, On the MN side, parts of it might be closed to everything but snowmobiles as of Saturday, December 1. I haven't been there in a couple years, so I can't remember where/how everything is signed.
  15. toadl

toadl Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nemadji is open year around for motorcycles except on snowmobile trails. I'm not expecting enough snow for any snowmobilers to complain or care.
    GandyDancer is not open to Motorcycles in Wisconsin. Although most of the roads around it are dirt.
    C-zulu. I recommend the "small" bike. Some of the trails are pretty tight, although I'm curious to what they look like without the leaves and foliage.

Lutz, bring your blaze orange and do some scouting on your KLX.
  16. c-zulu

c-zulu Works with Turds

Oddometer:

Parts arrived for the 450 :clap Sunday might be a go, I'll get a hold of you.
  17. toadl

toadl Long timer

Oddometer:
  18. toadl

toadl Long timer

Oddometer:
    That website must not be to accurate because a friend from work got in contact with someone who was at Nemadji today and this person said the trails were wet but not much snow:D.
  19. FotoTEX

FotoTEX Long timer

Oddometer:
    Snow cover report for all of Texas. NO SNOW. Temps. the next 3 days--82 degrees. Anyone interested in riding south this week-end????

Hey, I had to post that info. Your summers are great whereas our summers Suck. But, our winters are very nice and yours are not as kind. Everything equals out....
  20. c-zulu

c-zulu Works with Turds

Oddometer: