Tucson Area Bulletin Board:

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by russbryant, Jan 22, 2009.

1. johnlt

johnlt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have partial tracks. I have the segment from Greaterville (Box Canyon) across to Gardner Canyon from Melendez Pass road all the way through Hog Canyon and over to Adobe Canyon exiting onto Hwy 82 between Sonoita and Patagonia. I don't have tracks of the Gardner Canyon/Cave Canyon connector but it is easy to find. It starts and the very end of Gardner Canyon road by the locked gate. Go right and it is about a half mile downhill. Beautiful Trail. PM me your email address and I'll send you the tracks.
  2. *Gmoney*

*Gmoney* Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ok I will give you 125.00 for it since it idles now.
    :clap
  3. Friedom

Friedom Onward and upward!

Oddometer:
    Lol that sounds like a great deal. For someone.

"...Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing - end them."
    The spear has been shaken!!
  4. *Gmoney*

*Gmoney* Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lights Yet?

I rode around the neighborhood today,
    fiddled and adj stuff
    see if I can get my strength back up
    and go to that event in Pomeranian in March.
  5. Friedom

Oddometer:
    No dash lights, no tach, no brake/head/running lights, neutral indicator, nothing. I know the mag is generating voltage because I can hear the battery bubbling as soon as the bike is running. The wires going into the R/R look like they've had a hard life, so I'll help them out. But I really just need to do some traces with a volt meter and track it down. I had a spare RR from the 600 that probably would have fit, but it sadly went with the 600. What's happening in Pomeranian?

"...Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing - end them."
  6. Friedom

Oddometer:
    Um pretty sure I didn't tighten down the pilot jet. Went from idling awesome to a little black smoke to tons of black smoke way rich won't idle. I think the jet fell into the bowl. Lol. Is loctite a bad idea on brass?

Cheers :)

7. lamotovita

lamotovita DAMN SNOWBIRD!

Oddometer:
  8. *Gmoney*

*Gmoney* Long timer

Oddometer:
    I like the way I spell it
    :lol3

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=23094668&postcount=1
  9. Friedom

Oddometer:
    :p Maybe I'll see you up there on your Honda :)

10. gnadenlos

gnadenlos Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Fried! Congrats on the new bike - not a good idea to loctite jets.
    Sounds like you are close to getting all the bugs worked out on the new chopper (klr 250)! hope to ride with ya again soon...
    I still want to ride the santa ritas - found the wilmont gate once and didnt know what to think of the state trust land signs... Mabey a sunday ride sometime - my wife and I want to check it out. (she rides an xt225!)
    Cheers!

... does the red Garter still happen?
  11. Friedom

Oddometer:
    Hey! I think that this will be a better device for exploring. It's definitely lighter and gets better mileage. I am a lighter guy so I don't need all that extra power l_o_l.

I was half kidding about the Loctite in the jet, and in any case I opened it today and everything looks fine in the bowl, and the Jets were seated properly. It's running rich right when the transition goes from the pilot jet to the main jet approaching 1/4 throttle. It will bog down and smoke a lot right around a quarter throttle, but if I open it up she takes off again and feels great on the top.
    Thinking about raising the needle clip a notch, or maybe it just needs the air jet leaner still. Out is leaner on Keihen carbs, right?
    As for red garter, dunno. Thursdays are not my days.
    Maybe I can get my lady to come out and play on the DR350. Heck of a double date! (note: this will never happen, she won't do anything but passenge)

12. lamotovita

lamotovita DAMN SNOWBIRD!

Oddometer:
    Replace the needle and needle jet.
  13. Friedom

Oddometer:
    That's not a bad idea.. If it's wearing down the surfaces, that would make sense. Needle didn't look out of the ordinary when I had it out, but I like the idea. Anyone know a good local place for carb parts, or should I order online and wait another week or two?

14. HoosierTrailmaster

HoosierTrailmaster Just an Old Grizzly

Oddometer:
    Surely you jest, there isn't a shop within 100 miles that carries needles...your lucky to find one that carries main jets and a couple pilots. Sudco is by far the most comprehensive online carburetor source. If I were you, I would go on Thumper Talk and look up what setup people are running for your bike or a bike very similar.
  15. Friedom

Oddometer:
    It was an honest question - I honestly wouldn't know. Thanks HTM, I'll give those a try.

16. Friedom

Oddometer:
  17. Drizzt

Drizzt Ranger

Oddometer:
    In my experience your best bet to finding jets in town is at start cycle, he has a few boxes of random jets. If he doesn't have them, head over to honda and order them OEM. they can get OEM parts for any manufacturer, and don't charge for shipping, which is often the killer for small parts like jets.
  18. DesertDuster

DesertDuster Old Pueblo Rider

Oddometer:
  19. DesertDuster

DesertDuster Old Pueblo Rider

Oddometer:
    What GPS navigational devices are good choices for off roading?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
  20. HoosierTrailmaster

HoosierTrailmaster Just an Old Grizzly

Oddometer:

Garmin 60CSx or Garmin Oregon 450.