North Ga recommendations

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by montybones, Apr 21, 2013.

1. montybones

montybones Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll be up near Ellijay at the end of July. I'd appreciate info on roads and places to see,maybe even meeting up fro a ride
  2. 6gun

6gun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm not familiar enough with trails in that area but I'd clear some time to come ride along!
  3. kitesurfer

kitesurfer Long timer

Oddometer:
    ga 5 out of elijay, north to spur 60 to natahala gorge--go whitewater rafting for a day. or go north on 60 to tellico plains tenn, to robbinsville NC via cherohala.... or take 5 south to ga highway 53 east to dawsonville, 129 north to 60....

there is just too much to do and see in that little 100 mile area...
  4. oyster

oyster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Forest Service Rd 58 to FS 77, come back on hwy 60, lunch at Harvest on Main in historic Blue Ridge, or dinner at the Blur Ridge Brewery. Tons of dual sport dirt in the Cohuttas as well. Look for my black Super Tenere on East Main St. In Blue Ridge and say hi!:wave www.oysterbamboo.com
  5. mb90535im

mb90535im '05 R1200 GS

Oddometer:
    I have a cabin in the Ellijay area and am there practically every weekend. Would be happy to show you around the Cohuttas if I'm in town that week.

What bike(s) are you bringing?
  6. montybones

montybones Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My DR650
  7. mb90535im

mb90535im '05 R1200 GS

Oddometer:
    I have a ~70 mile all FS road loop through the Cohuttas with side trips for great creek crossings, etc. depending on weather. Pretty much an all day trip.

Be sure to post up again when your visit gets closer and I'm sure there's several of us around here that would not mind showing you around.

Got to do a day trip or two up into the Tellico area of east TN and west NC too.
  8. Killer Whale KTM

Killer Whale KTM Life is the adventure!

Oddometer:
    Montybones,
    Oyster had a good one but I like to go in on 77, up hill, then out on 58. When I only have a short time to ride, I go that way. The river/creek along 58 was spectacular Sunday evening. Double head gap and Newport Roads are a nice way to access the forest roads.
    Good Luck !
    Killer Whale KTM
  9. VOLdog

VOLdog Motorcycle related jobs ??

Oddometer:
    You can always just be at Riders Hill or Walmart in Ellijay @ 9am on any Saturday !
  10. VOLdog

VOLdog Motorcycle related jobs ??

Oddometer:

If you go NC you gotta go see joewannb
    http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=861650
    he got a few spots:evil
  11. flyinfuzz

flyinfuzz 2 Quarts low

Oddometer:
    Old hwy 2 ,big frog loop ,old dial road ,Can't remember the FS road # when you hit the blacktop on the left off old Dial road goin south. Have fun :deal
  12. Queen of Spades

Queen of Spades tall drink of water

Oddometer:
    mb are you still accepting offers on this ride? I wish I'd reached out before today as I would love to come up now and go riding today. If you happen to get this and are available/interested shoot me a PM and I'll get you my contact info.