WHACO 2013 return to Jamaica

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by PWRCRZR, Jan 18, 2013.

1. drc42

drc42 Rally Dreamer

Oddometer:
    If somebody does I will do my best to save you from it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  2. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    :clap

You're a good man...
  3. MWValley

MWValley Pro Motorcycle Gadget Guy (ret.)

Oddometer:
    Funny thing, I've been corrected too when saying Trip-OH-lee. Mebbe it IS Triple-EYE. In any event it's very good. I can't believe I seen it on maps for years and only started using it a few years ago. It's a good one.

As for Tamworth and Sandwich gravel roads, pretty much everything inside of the Rt 113A loop is great. Fowlers Mills Road between Rt 16/Lake Chocorua and the 113A loop is very nice too. I can spend a whole afternoon putting all over that. If you cross the Durgin Covered Bridge over the Cold River, look to your left (west) just as you cross the bridge facing north. There's a cool old woods road/path that follows the river. It goes maybe 3/4 of a mile and runs into the Quaker Whiteface Road. And if you're over that way in North Sandwich turn west off 113A onto the Wing Road. Then a short distance later turn north onto the Hannah Road go past a windmill and over a hill, where you will find the Sandwich Creamery. Awesome ice cream and cheese. They are open every day from 0900 until (get this!) 2200 hours. Amazing.
  4. AndyCap

AndyCap Mineral Oil Anyone?

Oddometer:
    If you insist...

[​IMG]
  5. internalcombust

internalcombust What a blast!

Oddometer:
    Now you are talking!
  6. drc42

drc42 Rally Dreamer

Oddometer:
    So this means the GS instead of the KLR... and don't forget the ice cream maker!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  7. goodolguzzi

goodolguzzi Guzzen around the hood

Oddometer:
    <TABLE id=post21225291 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #575757 1px solid" id=td_post_21225291 class=alt1>Quote:
    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by shrineclown [​IMG]
    Men who ride those have campers with awnings and pink flamingo's.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    [​IMG]
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
    These are our Golden Years.:deal ~ EC

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB
    <!-- / sig -->

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #575757 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #575757 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #575757 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #575757 1px solid" class=alt2></TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #575757 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #575757 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #575757 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #575757 1px solid" class=alt1 align=right><!-- controls -->[​IMG] [​IMG] <!-- / controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- post 21225291 popup menu -->
    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead>EvilClown</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option></TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option></TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option></TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option></TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <!-- / post 21225291 popup menu -->

boyhowdy thatwas wickedpissahcrOmAg...totally poachedfrom sugarloafflicker :1drink

[​IMG]
  8. theothersean

theothersean dirty boy

Oddometer:
    at this point it is looking promissing that I'll have both fri and mon off .

worst case I work fri but get out early enough to make it up to NH before dark , and still have mon off.
    Theotherwife is putting in for the time off as well .
  9. kdennan

kdennan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Shit,
    I'm out.

Is Sandwich Notch doable on a V-strom 1000?
    Or anything other than a full woods bike?
    I hope to get out that way sometime this summer
    Have fun guys. I was hoping to get to meet the crew.
  10. epicxcrider

epicxcrider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's perfect for a vstrom. Just a dirt road really.
  11. PWRCRZR

PWRCRZR Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer:
    :clap
  12. De Oppresso Liber

De Oppresso Liber Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cool! Henry and I will catch up with you Saturday afternoon or evening around the fire!

Looking forward to meeting some new characters:rofl
  13. De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer:
    Yep, totally doable. Did it last year on a FJR. The V is much better suited.
  14. kdennan

kdennan Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Thanks guys,
    If I get a minute, I'll swing in to Jamaica SP and hang out for a bit:freaky
  15. Whitehorse Gear

Whitehorse Gear Moto Outfitters

Oddometer:
    Hey there. Whitehorse Gear's Annual Open House employs a crackerjack team of motorcycle parking lot traffic control experts. This is a group of compensated volunteers that's been more or less the same bunch year after year. This year however many of our regulars can't make it due to family reunions and other inescapable conclusions. Just Drew has done this with us and he reports it's good day. We'd have him back if he wants to do it too! Drew! Give us a call man! We need probably 3 more team members to make it work well.

Compensation is a $100 Whitehorse Gear gift certificate or some (probably lesser) amount of cash money. We need our team here from roughly 0830 to 1600. Like open house attendees, you're well-fed at the free lunch to boot. If you're interested and can commit to being here, drop an email to jeff@whitehorsegear.com or call 800.531.1133 and ask for the gadgetman.

Thanks!
  16. dmottv

dmottv Take the Long Way Home

Oddometer:
    I rode the long way home last night, from Portland, ME through Bartlett, NH to home. Rt 113 from Standish through Fryeburg, ME is scenic and twisty, and lightly traveled, a pleasure on the bike. I'm happy to report that Hurricane Mountain Road is open! It's actually in better shape than the town roads on either end! Bear Notch Highway is still closed, and Attitash Mountain still has patches of snow on the slopes, but the North Country is open for riding.
  17. henrymartin

henrymartin Mr. Tourguide no more.

Oddometer:
    GuyManBro:

A serious question for you: WR250 or the 650GS? Pondering which one to take. If the riding is more of what we rode together the last time I saw you, I'm taking the 650. If it is more like the trails up my way, I'll take the 250. I know some unpaved roads near Jamaica, but no rough stuff. If it is there to be had, I'll take the baby bike.

Thanks
  18. De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer:
    Fixed it fer ya!

:kat
  19. PWRCRZR

PWRCRZR Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer:
    When I came home from VT on the 5th I thought I saw bikes headed onto Bear Notch, I was on the fly so I didn't see any signs. Pasaconway road was closed though..

Just a friendly reminder to everyone to get your routes together and figure out who you are riding with each day as we are less than 2 weeks away..There are no organized rides planned
  20. AndyCap

AndyCap Mineral Oil Anyone?

Oddometer:
    That's good because the disorganized knd are the best. :D