World of Tanks

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by OConnor, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Audaciter

Audaciter Long timer

Oddometer:

Where are you in the grind the Leopard?
  2. Smithy

Smithy Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer:
    So I got the middle gun on the Tortoise, and it's playable now. 4 second reload, really good pen, mediocre damage. 2000hp and it's a hard tin can to open up, so that lets me park myself for some serious rapid-fire tier 9 sniping.
  3. we3

we3 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @ Audaciter - I have everything upgraded on the Inden-Panzer and 5K or so in toward the 152K needed to get in to the Prototype-A

@ Smithy - It took me longer than I should to start a Brit TD line, but I am having a ball with the AT8 at the moment. My crew just hit their first 100% training so I'm most likely going to train repair for everyone and keep the mounted repair kit.

Good to hear the Tort is fun.
  4. Audaciter

Audaciter Long timer

Oddometer:

I'm still one good day of grinding away from even unlocking the Indien-Panzer. :cry
  5. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    I put the derp on the V39 and tried it out. That things makes a difference. I just played for my 5 wins last night. Pretty much Super P, E25 and V39.

Now that I have a few battles in, the Super P isn't as bulletproof as it was. Before I could support, and even turn the tide of a push. Now I keep wishing I could call in an air strike.
  6. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
    I briefly considered opening the german tree and heading for the Leopard. Then I saw an Awful-Panther, and immediately resumed my typical German bashing.

Please accept my condolences; I hope you find comfort during this time of grief.
  7. Audaciter

Audaciter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thank god!

The Super P used to be one of those tanks that I just didn't bother firing at. It's weakspots weren't very weak, and it's strong points were inpenetrable.

@Jarod - There is a medium line that runs all the way up to the Leopard and bypasses the AwfulPanther..it's the one with all the VK XXXX and what not. I chose that one because they are a medium crew all the way up, rather than having to switch from a light half way through.

I have also mostly skipped all those crap VKs in the middle. I had a lot of fun with the PZIII/IV.
  8. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    Can't be near as bad as the 4502P (B).

At least the M46 is fun to play while losing all that money. The German heavy? Not much fun at all.

I'm not sure I want to get any tier 10's.
  9. Audaciter

Audaciter Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've decided to stop at the King Tiger. The E-100/Maus just doesn't look worth it.

The one thing that is nice about tier 10 is you are guaranteed top tier billing. No more bringing your tier 8 heavy to a tier 10 game and being completely useless.
  10. we3

we3 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I 'm old school baby
    My progression was Panzer III, Panzer III/IV, VK 3002db
    I branched to Panther, Panther II, E-50

So none of these new painful lower tier Vk's thankfully for me.
    I like the 3002db so much I'm SERIOUSLY considering re-training my Ferd crew that has 3 skills back to another 3002db and buying a fresh 100% crew when I decide to buy a JagdPanther tier 9

I like the 3002db THAT much - funny thing is I do very well with the short 8.8 where as I think every one says oh n o no nooooo stick with the long 7.5 for the db

I'd have to go back and check the T-43 real close but I believe the db would be my favorite Tier 7 Medium.
  11. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    the top gun is mountable without a track upgrade it seems as it is lighter than the stock gun, FYI...
  12. DomEOD

DomEOD 'murica

Oddometer:
    I've never had a bad time grinding a tank yet. In fact it's been kind of quick if I order pizza and drink Monsters :p

But holy crap.. I got the T28 Prototype yesterday and what a miserable experience so far. A tier 8 that's just about TOG slow with a tier 6 gun and no armor. Yikes! Now I know what grinding really is!
  13. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The gun is the main reason I went up both lines at the same time, the 25AT gets you the medium gun for the proto and the T28.

with the proto turn your turret slightly so they have the front side of the turret to shoot at while you are reloading, it is a very good bounce area.
  14. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I actually like the Indien pz....but the next step is a huge one 170k XP....I just hit 100k so I have a long way to go.

It is a fun tank to play....it will pen most everything, good speed, not real good armor.

Play it like a support on sniper and you will have fun. And the sec you are spotted move....the arty at this tier will one shot you....fucking arty...I only play that when on the heavy pain meds...takes no brain power at all.
  15. Audaciter

Audaciter Long timer

Oddometer:
    You are doing it wrong!

I LOVED my Proty.

The sides and rear are squishy as hell. Frontal armor is beast. Stay with your support, and beat the hell out of the enemy.

You do have to learn how to play with a tank that is so slow. The maps are entirely different, because by the time you chug to where you normally would go, the battle has evolved.

Give it time, you may grow to love the T28. For what it's worth, the T30 and T110 have similar stats in that they have squishy sides and rear, with good turret armor...Both of those don't have the beefy frontal plate that the T28 has though.
  16. Smithy

Oddometer:

... and 60k xp down the road.
  17. Audaciter

Audaciter Long timer

Oddometer:

Less typing, more grinding!

Also...FPGT72...can you fix your sig? My little bit of OCD is kicking in.:deal
  18. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    lol

When I get home
  19. Smithy

Oddometer:

Some of us have regular day jobs, and not ones where we can play tanks on the side using government systems. :deal
  20. Audaciter

Audaciter Long timer

Oddometer:

Not me :cry

I just have a job where it is easy to have the forums up in between putting out fires.

I grind what little I can when I get home. I have to leave the house at like 3 am tomorrow, so I haven't decided if I want to just stay up all night, or be a responsible adult and get a full nights sleep.

Decisions, decisions. :lol3