Norton gathering, 4/17. Motard Meet?

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by wpbarlow, Apr 11, 2005.

1. wpbarlow

wpbarlow Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The Delaware Valley Norton Riders are holding their most excellent annual event this coming Sunday. See http://www.dvnortonriders.com/ and then click on the links for the info.

Any 'tarders want to take advantage of it to do a ride, meet there, do a ride to lunch, and then do a post lunch ride?

I can get us to there from southish NJ in a most entertaining (for motards or b-t bikes) manner, the ride from the park to where they lunch is pretty nice, and there's a lot of nice riding in eastern Pa.

I'll post details later this week; just wanted to see if there was any interest.
  2. wpbarlow

Oddometer:
    In the nature of a bump- I find it had to beleive that a post with Norton Gathering and Motard Meet gets zero looks at Adventure Rider. This is almost "for shame". It's a really nice event.

Are there any motard riders in the NJ & eastern Pa. area?
  3. norton73

norton73 drinkin' in the garage

Oddometer:
    People are looking, the counters appear to be screwed up.
    I'd love to go, it's a fun event.
    Say Hi to the folks from DVNR for me. Tell'em it's from Andy from the Alabama contingent of the Nation's Capital Norton Owners, they'll know who I am.
  4. docgonzo

docgonzo Great Old Turtle

Oddometer:
    within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
    Two totally different demographics. The Norton bunch are the old men and poseurs with their prestine antiques they bring out twice a year for people to oogle over.

The Motard crowd are the young kids who want to take their dirt bikes on the street and track and be bad. Like us, Walter! :D :D

Like mixing Harley guys with rice rockets, for goodness sake!

I'd prefer dirt myself on Sunday. It's going to be beautiful in the Pine Barrens, and I'd like to check out my new steering damper.
  5. wpbarlow

Oddometer:
    The degree to which you get things wrong constantly amazes me :rofl

Many of the Norton folks are pretty young (younger than us anyway!) and ride their 40 year old bikes more more each year than we do.

And most of the motard folks seem to be older (like us!).

Any other insights you'd like to add? :D

Dirt has it's place, but imho it's no substitute for a good b-t or s-m ride.
  6. tigrebleau

tigrebleau Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Doc opined: "I'd prefer dirt myself on Sunday. It's going to be beautiful in the Pine Barrens, and I'd like to check out my new steering damper." Boy howdy, is it going to be nice - perfect weather.
    I'd enjoy seeing the Norton gathering, but I can't pass up an opportunity to ride some dirt while I'm still physically able. When I get too old for that, maybe I'll get a Norton, or at least ride around at the gathering on my electric scooter/wheelchair thing.
  7. norton73

norton73 drinkin' in the garage

Oddometer:

I'll wave as I pass you in the twisties on the way to the mountains :wave

:lol3

go here in September and be prepared to ride hard

Rolling Thunder Rally XXIII
    September 9-11, 2005

Idle Acres Campground
    P.O. Box 332
    McVeytown, PA 17051
    717-899-6307

http://ncno.org/events1.html
  8. docgonzo

docgonzo Great Old Turtle

Oddometer:
    within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
    I got enough dirt yesterday at Danny Walker's American Supercamp, so I motarded the KTM and can ride tomorrow a.m.

Perhaps we could do a little motard action and visit the diner on 31 before heading over to Washington's Crossing? That way, I could still get to the soccer game in the afternoon.
  9. KAdriver

KAdriver adventures on asphalt Supporter

Oddometer:
    Here's a few bikes that were there in case you did not get to go:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got there close to noon & they were heading off to upper Bucks for
    a BBQ & what not.