Husaberg 70 Degree Owners Thread!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by KayaKTM, Nov 22, 2010.

1. frostyuk

frostyuk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    mine's running the stock uk horn/turn assembly, no issues with that at all
  2. frostyuk

Oddometer:
    i havent moved the set screw at all so its screwed right in, i've got a few mm free play in the clutch lever before it bites but i've also got large hands.

when i took the bike out for the first time after setting it up cold, once the bike warmed up the clutch was slipping so i had to back out the push rod a fair amount, getting the balance completely right will take a couple more rides i think though as i was getting quite a bit of creep with the clutch in.
  3. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    What's a "clutch lever"? (Happy Rekluse Core EXP user) :lol3
  4. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    :rayof and no more searching for neutral. even the base model exp 2.0 works a treat on the berg!
  5. RememberTheFallen

RememberTheFallen Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hmmmm...wonder if there is something I am missing. With my bike warmed the clutch doesn't engage until the lever is about an inch and a half from the bar. That is adjusted in as far as the set screw will go.
  6. RememberTheFallen

RememberTheFallen Long timer

Oddometer:
    I hear ya. Bought one for my Honda, got the Berg, and now the Honda is for sale without ever using the rekluse. $65 is a lot cheaper than $950 though. Trade you? Lol.
  7. frostyuk

Oddometer:
    anyone got any suggestions for solving my bike creep with the clutch in? i've bled the clutch through and replaced the slave unit while i was at it for a sigutech unit i had sat in my box. Bike doesnt stall if i sit with the brake on and the clutch in, but with the engine off and the clutch pulled in the bike will hardly move. any thoughts for what next?

thanks
  8. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    my berg did this from brand new. two KTM EXCs had the same issue, and a pile of kato riders i know report the same thing. apparently the way to solve it is buy a japanese bike? if it's worse than normal though then the clutch basket could be notched and need a bit of filing to straighten things up again. nice little step by step guide here.
  9. mrt10x

mrt10x Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer:
    my cold start creep went away when I switched to Motorex 4t oil... dam expensive though.
  10. Seth S

Seth S My avatar is ok. Your screen is broken

Oddometer:
  11. StepOnIt

StepOnIt Assitoner

Oddometer:
    Sorry did not read every post or know much about bergs.
    I am looking at getting a 09 570FE. Is this bike road legal? It does not have lights signals etc and I know I have to get them. But after that is the ownership say it is road worthy or just an off road bike? Then if so what is the best way to hook up lights etc..
    Thanks
  12. rensho

rensho Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There's only been reports of success from people buying the DOT approved items and plugging them into their 570s and getting street registered, even in California. Just read through the must have list for your state and bolt those on.
    People around here will fail inspection due to things like non-DOT lights, missing plate light, no rear brake light switch, etc.
  13. frostyuk

Oddometer:
    ok i need to eat my words, put the old lever back on just to test my clutch with that just in case (creep when hot was worse with the oem lever tbh) and the old lever measured 16lb pull so a reduction of 6lb on the pull is pretty good really.
  14. loph917

loph917 Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer:
    i did that with the SE. there's a very good chance i might repeat that performance with the 570. :deal
  15. SmileyRider

SmileyRider With lots of Teeth

Oddometer:
    In ontario the bike must have a green ownership. If the ownership is grey than you cannot make it street legal.
    Some of the fe570s did come street legal in ontario, but some people may not have wanted it street legal and opted to just have an offroad ownership.
    Ensure it has the correct ownership before purchasing it
  16. StepOnIt

StepOnIt Assitoner

Oddometer:
    Ok thanks for the heads up on that. The bike is regenerated in Alberta right now as an off road bike. It only had a headlight right now have to add tail light etc to it for inspection I assume. Any idea on ownerships in Alberta vs Ontario????
    Thanks
  17. Seth S

Seth S My avatar is ok. Your screen is broken

Oddometer:
    Depends on the state. Here in Vermont I just had to install all of the appropriate lights and a horn (berg is prewired for them) and then go to a moto dealer where they give it a look over, fill out a form, and then you take that form to the DVM to register it. We have no emmissions currently in Vermont and much easier titling rules. I only had an MSO...but combined with the moto shop form I was good to go.
  18. mrdirtbikerider

mrdirtbikerider Russ Martin

Oddometer:
    What's a good radiator brace for the Berg 390 with fan kit?
  19. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
  20. mrdirtbikerider

mrdirtbikerider Russ Martin

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the link, Cyborg.
    These guards look tuff. Looks like they will stop frontal impacts also.