The CRF250L Owners thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by joec63, Sep 4, 2012.

1. MentalGuru

MentalGuru Crazy Diamond

Oddometer:

Are you serious??? :rofl

You lose 20hp, lose a bunch of torque, gain 15 pounds, lose offroad and highway ability's.

There's about a 20 mpg loss with the XR600 and a huge loss of smiles per mile.

Wheelies??? Forget about it. :lol3

Your wallet will be lighter with the CRF. You can buy a bunch of gas for the XR with the cost savings. $2000 or more buys a ton of gas for the XR. The smiles come no charge.

:beer
  2. siyeh

siyeh unproductive Supporter

Oddometer:
    It seems like every day there is more support (aftermarket parts) for the CRF250L coming online. That is a good thing. choice is good!

I emailed ManRacks to see if they had any of those nifty tie downs for the CRF forks? He sent me two different kinds and we have a winner.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Should make trailering/tieing down this little thumper easier for those that do.
    I have no vested interest in ManRacks just a happy customer!
  3. Bksports88

Bksports88 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    pretty tough material but prolly not as strong as The metal and aluminum ones. They look nice and will def get the job done for now. Havent dumped the bike yet or rode in the woods with them on yet
  4. Road Dirt

Road Dirt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone know the valve clearance specs?
    Waiting on a manual...
  5. Guerillah

Guerillah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Picked mine up today!

[​IMG]
  6. CRFSoCal

CRFSoCal Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I took the bike offroad for the first time yesterday. I had so much fun that even though I feel. I hit a pretty big rut that threw me off the bike. Just some minor scratches on the bike but i bent the stock bars. It gives me an excuse to buy new bars. All in All I love the bike. :clap
  7. Harcomo

Harcomo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I recently put on a 13T front sprocket and ordered the 12 O'clock Labs Speedo DRD to return the speedometer to the correct setting. Has anyone put the DRD on a bike with the stock rear tire and just a 13T front sprocket change? What was your error calculation to input into the DRD? I used the calculator on their website and came up with a calculated gearing error of -7.1% but this does not include any factory speedometer error. I don't know what if any factory speedometer error there is on this bike and am just wondering if anyone else has made these changes on a CRF250L with a stock rear tire and what calculated gearing error you came up with?
  8. JRNASTY

JRNASTY Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was wondering the same and found it over here:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=823409&highlight=valve&page=9

Per the Service Manual<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Valve Clearance<o:p></o:p>
    Index line IN - 0.16 +/- 0.03 mm (0.006 +/- 0.001 in)<o:p></o:p>
    Index Line EX - 0.27 +/- 0.03 mm (0.011 +/- 0.001 in)<o:p></o:p>

So my question, Anyone know a replacement folding shift lever and brake lever?
  9. SugarDust

SugarDust Kulia i ka nu'u

Oddometer:
    Maybe you could use a GPS unit to compare indicated (Speedometer) to indicated on the GPS and generate gearing error figure - thats the approach I would take if I were to do that.
  10. byron555

byron555 Lame Duck Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ok, not the same but... I went from an XR650l to a WR250r. No regrets the WRr is better almost everywhere, including on road in terms of comfort and smoothness. The fuel injection is wonderful.

In terms of the CRF, you will notice a big difference in power stock, however the aftermarket is red hot for this bike and performance gains are already available and effective
  11. Rider1

Rider1 Ridin' Dave

Oddometer:
    I used -11.5% and found the speedo within approx. + .6 mph. (13T frt. sprocket and stock tires)

A little tricky getting to the connector and installing the SpeedoHealer plugs but with a little patience it's "doable".

Dave
  12. Road Dirt

Road Dirt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks JRNASTY
  13. 727driver

727driver Flyin'

Oddometer:
    -10.3% for me. 13t front is my only mod other than richochet skid plate.
  14. MentalGuru

MentalGuru Crazy Diamond

Oddometer:

A WR250R would be a good step down from a XR600R since it mainly gives up power and the seat. You can get enough power back and replace the seat pretty easy. You'll enjoy the handling improvements too.

I was suprised to see a new WRR for $5999.00 OTD(prep, title and tag fees included) + tax and a 300 mile demo for 5399.00 OTD at the dealer the other day. If your legs are long enough thats a great deal IMO.

15. roundtripping

roundtripping Adventourist

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2SoWNMNKNeM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  16. MentalGuru

MentalGuru Crazy Diamond

Oddometer:
    <IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZPy9VCovVME" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

17. billfires

billfires Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just rode home from the dealer in 40 degree temps. A little cold but I haven't had this feeling since I had my SL 350 in 1980-81. Was only a 15 mile ride but took all back roads. First addition will be a tachometer as the bike is so quiet. Will post pics when I figure out how. Bill C
  18. jtbek

jtbek ADV990R

Oddometer:
  19. Harcomo

Harcomo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  20. jtbek

jtbek ADV990R

Oddometer: