Pensacola area riders

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by XT Thumper, Mar 11, 2008.

1. skid=mark

skid=mark Likes it Slidewayz

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately, I am gonna head up near Roanoke, AL tomorrow for Christmas part Deux. Will skid-daddle(?) back Monday afternoon. Might ride then if I get back early enough. Itchin' for a ride like a big dog!!
  2. skid=mark

skid=mark Likes it Slidewayz

Oddometer:

Well the girlfriend felt sorry for me getting the lump of coal again and all that, so now (drum roll please)

I am the proud owner of a brand new, shiny, state of the art, with all attachments...

GO PRO HD Video Camera (with 32mb card).
    Stand the fck by...

I see group, spliced, edited, national-geographic quality action videos of Flatistan PAR rippers kickin' it...
    yep---- SLIDEWAYS!!!!
  3. freebornman

freebornman pointman

Oddometer:
    hey i'm in ga' and it's colder than a well diggers ass.
    i'm in for new years day!
    fbm
  4. Stalspeed

Stalspeed PullnG'sTillTheyPuke

Oddometer:
    I hear you about the WRR.....owned one, loved it, but got rid of it because it wasn't the right machine to keep up with the boyz that I like to ride with......lol. Pretty much a great bike for everything, except deep sand like we have here. Like FBM said, we were both riding our machines like we were mad it and I would constantly be going through the gears due to the type of riding around here. I now own a KTM 530EXC!!!!!
  5. probe

probe slowpoke

Oddometer:
    Thanks Vic and we'll take a look. Haven't run into them yet. Lois and I have ridden now for a 11yrs together and have been a great team. I've picked the lady out of a lot of mud holes and sandbeds. She knows her stuff. Over the years we've been members of many clubs Hiking ,Whitewater canoeing,Mountain Biking,motorcycling and others. We're aware of difference personalities and other's difference skill level. We haven't been looking really to ride with anyone. But we do like like minded people. And if magic happens well magic happens. I've led a lot of trips in the past for some of these clubs,so I know what I'm taking on when I ask someone along. The main thing I've always looked for in a club is information and friendship,not always a traveling companion because I know differences. But I'm very thankful for the info. you have shared with me and will put it to good use. And if your ever in need,trust me I'd be there. For that's the like mindedness,I'm talking about:deal Lois and I are planning on rideing tom.,so if we meet stop and say hello.:D
  6. Stalspeed

Stalspeed PullnG'sTillTheyPuke

Oddometer:
    Hopefully everyone had a Merry Christmas!!!! Have fun tomorrow, everyone!!!!
  7. probe

probe slowpoke

Oddometer:
    Thanks and that is the kind of info. I need. Thanks for taking the time to write. I'll never get smarter without the help of others.:wink: I'm listening ! In the long run it will always boil down to the ride though,cause for some you just can't tell a damn thing. lol dude Happy Trails!
  8. riggy

riggy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hope u had a good Christmas as well bro. Get back safe so we can hit it up soon.
  9. probe

probe slowpoke

Oddometer:
    Hey your not ready to part with that KTM 530 EXC are you,remember I'm a poor man though and getting ready to live on a pension. Help an old fellow,out will ya?:1drink
  10. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Weather link says very cold and windy but dry.

Lets check freeze factor in morning and post on leave/roll out to maybe 10AM for warmth,,, or not.

Looks like a orange crush day!
  11. riggy

riggy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Word up Vic! Ready to pull the trigger baby, let's do this. See u men in the morning for the end of year polar bear ride.
  12. RuckedUp

RuckedUp Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Merry Christmas to one and all. Cold as all get out over here and tons of snow.
    [​IMG]
  13. hooknup

hooknup Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Terry and I are headed down tomorrow for the cold arse ride in the morning. Hopefully I can find Timberlake this go round. See u tomorrow.

10 would be great for us if it works for u.
  14. Moabman

Moabman Ironman

Oddometer:
    I'm in for Timberlake Sunday.
  15. artimus_maximus

artimus_maximus Long timer

Oddometer:
    Merry christmas all.
    I really need to get my bike back together. But right now I am floating after drinking almost a full bottle of wine....:freaky Damn i cant believe i can still type..

Ruck you make me sick, I so miss the alps.
  16. Dr. Philgood

Dr. Philgood Living The Dream!!

Oddometer:
    Sent you PM on directions with HWY 98, so if coming from Crestview you are Screwed!! 9:30 to 10ish is acceptable since its gonna be freaking cold in morning! Remember thermals and dress in Layers. Looks like shaping up to be 8+ riders in the morning. See everyone there! I also got some new pants so I already feel "faster" just wearing them. :evil
  17. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:

lets reset for 10AM roll out and give bama boys some time.

Let me know you are not going to make it.

Vico1
    DrPhilgood
    Froth
    Riggy
    Moabman
    Hooknup
    Jerry
  18. Orange Crushed

Orange Crushed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Had a great day with the family taking it easy, eating too much and playing on the WII... Vic, just thought I'd let you know that adrenlineJunkie left for the Keys this morning and won't be back until sometime next weekend. Looks like we are going to have a new addition to the group soon. My son-n-law Gerry got riding gear for Christmas and he is going to be riding my KLR 250 soon. He took it up and down the Power Lines near our house yesterday and he came back with a huge grin and mud all over the place. I am wanting him to get a little seat time before he heads over to ride at Eglin; especially in the sand. Don't know that he will be able to wait for me to get back in the saddle so he might be coming over with adrenlineJunkie in a few weeks. You guys have a good ride tomorrow and stay injury free!!
  19. Dr. Philgood

Dr. Philgood Living The Dream!!

Oddometer:
    OK, tonight on CBS at 5pm est. is the 2011 Supercross preveiw show for those who follow that kind of stuff. I think it has motorcycles in it!!!:evil Its gonna be a great season with a "healthy" Bubba, Reed, Villipotto, and then several hot shoes moving up from the lites (Canard, Pourcel), and of course Bubbas little brother Malcolm Stewart starts his pro bebut this season. The rumors are he is already faster than James, so let the fun begin 1st Sat in January!!!!
  20. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    OK its cold out there.

10AM is a good call. Should be a tad warmer by then.

See you all out there. :thumb