Dubinky. Enduro and Adventure Riding Apparel

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by COXR650L, Nov 7, 2012.

1. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Garrett,

It will happen, eventually. I really doubt it will be until 2014 though:cry. As a small company each additional product is a big investment and there are some other products I'd like to add also.

If you want to give the over the boot pants a try let me know though.

Thanks,
    Ben
  2. garrett

garrett Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok Ben

I wanted a "flowy" in the boot pant for hot summer riding and trials. Looks like the Colorado pant has more ventilation than my Klims so I'll look at it harder.

Thanks
    Garrett
    PS
    Noticed my post above said "condering"...stupid autocorrect...:huh. What IS condering?
  3. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am not sure which would cool "better" in terms of air flow, but the nice thing about the Colorado Pant is you can completely control the amount of air, and thus cooling. It uses equally sized front and back vents, which is really important because you have to be able to exhaust the same amount of incoming air, otherwise they are not as efficient in cooling. Very few pants have rear vents and especially rear vents of any meaningful size.

The direction of the Colorado Pant vents is critical to cooling as well, they are positioned so they slant from the outside of the knee to the middle of your torso, most pants just place the vent on on the outside of the leg. What this does is force all the the air to go OVER your leg, as opposed to AROUND your leg, and ultimately across the core of your body (or apex, especially important to cool men:evil if you catch my meaning:lol3).

If you decide to give them a try and have any problems with shipping to to the frozen north on the website let me know:D.

Thanks for the interest,
    ben
  4. wizz

wizz Up a creek......

Oddometer:
    pants look great, definately would be intersted in talls. i usually wear 33x34 and i dont want them short. you mentioned padding, any time frame on the tall sizes and padding? what armour would be recommended under an unarmourd pant for true 50/50?
    thanks
    wizz
  5. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi,
    I would guess by early spring I will have talls.

The best armor you can get though is a CE level with a hard plastic shell that is strapped directly to your leg. Check out some of Forcefield stuff on Revzilla. They have some nice armor that does just this.

Thanks,
    Ben
  6. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    Christmas bump.

Perfect time to try out a great 4 season pant, works excellent for both winter and summer riding. The full nylon shell makes the pant virtually windproof for colder riding, but the 4 large vents flow huge amounts of air for summer riding.

Colorado Pant at Dubinky.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. nsfw

nsfw Death Valley Noobs Rally Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    ben, i just read on the 2013 noobs death valley rally that you are donating a pair of pants and jerseys.

i personally want to thank you for your support and conteacher for contacting you. few weeks ago, dave (dsm8) had mentioned to check out your pants. i did just too busy prepping for the holidays and a big ride this month.

would love to buy a pair and wear it on my trip to baja after xmas. will go to you website, and hope i can get one by the 24th.

cheers.

joel
  8. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    Joel,

just got the order, thanks:D

They will ship out USPS priority tomorrow morning and I dont see any reason you should not get them by friday of this week.

The stuff for the rally is going out tomorrow also, wish I could make it. I was reading the thread today and it looks like a good time.

If you guys want to see some of Colorado check out this years Westfest:deal

Thanks again and have a good time in baja:evil

Ben
  9. roundtripping

roundtripping Adventourist

Oddometer:
    I had been keeping an eye on this thread (and the gear) before it was mentioned in the DV Rally connection. Now I'm definitely gonna have to pick something up :evil I just finished shopping for Christmas, but I will place an order before the rally in March. Ditto what Joel said, thanks a lot for your support of the rally :thumb
  10. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    No problem, it will be going to a good cause.

Have fun and thanks for the interest.
    ben
  11. wizz

wizz Up a creek......

Oddometer:
    Not sure if this was covered, but any plans for a waterproof version or ideas on making these water resistant?
    thanks
    wizz
  12. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:

Hey Wizz,

Yes eventually:lol3 Right now the Colorado Pant is water resistant, but how well they work really depends on your needs, expectations and what your definition of water resistant is.

So a little background on waterproof clothing first........

There is a big difference between "waterproof" and "waterproof/breathable" (WB). Almost all MC apparel that is waterproof/ breathable is made using some kind of speciality coating or membrane on the back of a normal nylon fabric. This coating has small pores that allow air particles to escape, hence the "breathable", yet are small enough to keep water out.

The thing you need to really look at and weigh when choosing WB clothing is that almost all apparel on the market uses a lighter WB fabric then a comparable non-waterproof breathable garment, so the durability and crash protection, etc are decreased. (Some don't even use nylon, they are using a polyester shell which should be avoided at all costs for MC use.:huh) For example the vast majority, if not all, WB garments are made out of 500d nylon, where as the non waterproof versions are using 840d or 1Kd nylon. It is something to keep in mind when shopping around and if it is going to be abused routinely it may be better to look at a non water proof product and getting a little wet from time to time. If you dont plan on hitting the ground much it wont matter though:lol3

Having that in mind I said the Colorado Pant was water resistant, so let me explain why that is.

Just about any nylon fabric comes with something called a Durable Water Repellant Finish (DWR) on the back of the fabric. This is a polyurethane coating that is applied to the fabric at the mill, the primary purpose being that it makes the fabric very resistant to unraveling from tears, cuts etc, thus the name durable. However it also has a convenient side effect of making the fabric basically water proof. For all reasonable purposes any fabric with a DWR coating is waterproof, however do not confuse it with being brethable, it is basically air tight also:lol3, if it were not for the natural minuet air flow created by the sewing process.

Any garment that is made of all nylon with a DWR coating is waterproof, but it becomes water resistant when you sew the pieces together and the water actually leaks in from the needle holes. This is why truly waterproof gear uses "taped" seams to ensure all the holes from sewing are covered. This additional step in the manufacturing process also contributes to the higher cost for WB gear.

In a long winded story the short answer to your question is this equates to the Colorado Pant being water resistant because it uses a shell made of 100% DWR 840 and 1680 nylon, there are no stretch panels, no mesh panels, or anything else that will let the water in besides the sewing holes. As a result the Colorado Pants can get much more water on them before they leak compared to other pants on the market, but I cannot give any kind of quantitative statement as to how long you can stay dry:D

In full disclosure and based on lost of miles in the pants, the majority of your body will stay dry for quite awhile, but the first thing to get wet will be your crotch. This is because of the all the seams and needle holes in the crotch area and the fact water tends to pool there naturally.

Sorry that was not a direct answer, but hopefully if gives you enough information to have an educated idea of what the pants will do and why I say they are water resistant.

Let me know if that was totally confusing, or you have any other questions, always more than happy to help.

Ben
  13. wizz

wizz Up a creek......

Oddometer:
    Very informative, thanks. I'm looking for an off road pant that is truly protective enough for the street, which these appear to be. I'm 6'2 195 which puts me at a measured 32-33 inch seem and 34-35 waist. I reckon that leaves me waiting for a tall size?
  14. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ya,
    At 6'2" (and I think you mentioned you like them a little long) I would recommend waiting a few months for the tall versions.

I will try and remember to send you a PM when I get the new stuff, but if I forget check the thread for updates around the end of February.

Thanks for the interest,
    Ben
  15. bete

bete misguided adventurer

Oddometer:
    I hope your (talls) will be TALL, I need a 36" at least. bete. PS: love the look of these.
  16. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Bete.
    The Tall Medium will be about a 35in inseam (measured). Keep in mind if you wear a 36 jean your actual inseam if you measure it is probably 34-35in.

Ben
  17. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    I touched on this briefly on the first post, but wanted to go into depth a little more on why this company is named Dubinky.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    First what is Dubinky:
    <o:p></o:p>
    Dubinky is named after Dubinky Wells in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Utah</st1:place></st1:State>. This area is also known as <st1:City w:st="on">White</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">Wash</st1:State> and is a motorcycle haven that lies along the Green River between <st1:country-region w:st="on">Moab</st1:country-region> and Green River <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Utah</st1:place></st1:State>. It has endless miles of any kind of riding you could imagine, in some of the most unique and diverse terrain around.
    The name was adapted to the area (as I have been told) when years ago two brothers, Red and Dubinky Anderson, were camping in the area and Dubinky got lost. He was eventually found and the name Dubinky began to stick.
    So why name a Company after Dubinky Wells:
    Dubinky is to Enduro Motorcycle Riders as <st1:country-region w:st="on">Moab</st1:country-region> is to 4x4s and Rock Crawlers (don&#8217;t get me wrong <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Moab</st1:place></st1:country-region> is a blast on an MC too). The area has everything: single track, sand dunes, wide open desert 2 track, slick rock, technical nasty trails and wide open haul ass for miles stuff.
    Not only are the trails amazing, but so is the environment, in a half day you can ride in a slot canyon with running water, blast through sand dunes, see old mining equipment, hit miles of whoops, ride single track for hours on end, ride some of the best slick rock trails around, or work your ass off getting up the most technical single track in the area. During all this you will probably never see another person.
    This is the draw to name my company after Dubinky Wells, not only is it one of the most unique words I have ever heard, but for those that have ridden in the Dubinky area it truly is an epic place for riding a motorcycle.
    Here are some videos that help illustrate the kind of riding in the Dubinky area.
    Most I got from inmate RideFreak&#8217;s Youtube channel as well as some other various videos (most of my Gro Pro videos show a great view of the front fender but not much else).

Dead Cow:

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ErsZbsNMl8Q" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Yc53GKE4AlE" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SxRac4S1ZPg" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

The Tubes:

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tQElhiTHG_Q" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Brians Trail:

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fbe3Hk3mRYI" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Enduro Loop:
    <IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e44n_BFJXsw" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Marys Trail:

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UMKv9i2-YWk" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

White Wash Dunes
    <IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SG06Ruzndvw" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

This is just a few of the awesome trails in the area. I hope it gives people an idea of why Dubinky is such an amazing and unique place for riding and why it is a perfect name for a MC apparel company.
  18. nsfw

nsfw Death Valley Noobs Rally Super Supporter

Oddometer:

nice vids....:clap

just added it to my places to ride.

i received the pants today.....awesome quality and built!
  19. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have two pairs of pants that need to get sold so someone can get a good deal, one is a slightly used Large (worn maybe one time) and the other is a early production sample.

Used Large $125 Shipped:

This pair was exchanged for a medium after it was worn, it looks like maybe one time. There are two slight blemishes so I need to sell it as used. On one of the inner leg leathers there is a slight color transfer, it looks like from a frame rail, that could probably be wiped off in all reality. Then on the knee there is a small scuff or abrasion. Otherwise the pants are in perfect condition and would pass as brand new.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Large Prototype $90 Shipped

The pants are a size Large (39.5-37in waist) and were a sewn sample from the manufacture that is making the current Colorado Pant. This pair is brand new, never worn, and identical to the current pant with the exception of:
    -No logos or embroidery anywhere on the pant.
    -2 seams on each thigh were only sewn with a single needle vs double needle on the current pant (the seam is still double stitched)
    -Fly zipper is plastic coil vs YKK metal
    -Leather on the inner legs is a "naked" leather and does not have the high oil content of the current pant. It will still hold up fine, but will show more signs of wear.
    -There may be a few faint chalk marks I missed wiping off.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fit, function and performance are identical to the current pant.

PM me to buy either pant, and paypal would work best.

EDIT: These are sold. Thanks!!:deal The

Thanks,
    ben
  20. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    !!!WINTER SALE!!!

Colorado Pant and Colorado Jerseys are both on Sale:clap

$148 for the Colorado Pant

[​IMG]

$30 for the Colorado Jersey

*Price on S/M Colorado Pant sizes only