Coast to Coast (and back?) with an Italian Supermodel

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by AntiHero, Jul 13, 2012.

1. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    In the dark the right side looked fine. When I got home I saw the damage to the right--couldn't get a good pic of it, though. Looks like a silver or silvery gray car / suv hit it. There are a series of parallel dot imprints and some abrasions to the once-gorgeous red paint.

I only hope that whoever hit my bike WAS drunk and got a DUI on their way home.
  2. mario33

mario33 Howling around...

Oddometer:
    Holy cow !!!! Have you reported to the police? I still dont think they would take the paint for analysis (unless you know some high seated cops).

I'm usually not wishing anyone but theres a limit... feckin arsehole.... if only she/he would stand to what she/he done.

I really believe Ducati NA stands to their promises and help you make her runnin again.

Just a thought - maybe that was someone that was attending the very same meeting? Matbe its worth asking a bit around with people you met there (whos got such a car etc?)
  3. ewaugh

ewaugh Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow.......It's never a good feeling to walk up and see your bike in any different position than you left it.

I hope you at least filed a police report. Collecting the paint wouldn't be a bad idea, but even if you were to get is tested you would really need a sample from the suspected car to compare it to. Even then all it proves is that someone with the same model/year car hit the supermodel, not that that specific car did. The police aren't going to do much, but finding out who drove a silver SUV might be beneficial.

So, the big question is will it be ride able to Texas?
  4. CanadianLifeGuard

CanadianLifeGuard Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Damn that's a shit move, to cripple a bike as beautiful as that and drive away with no note. I hope you get her fixed up and back on the road quickly and with little fuss. I'm looking forward to your report on the 1199R, you going to start a new thread or just post it in here?

Oh and Happy St. Paddy's day everyone! I'll hoist a pint (or several) for you tonight.
  5. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:

Will do the 1199R / Launch event report on this thread here. Keep an eye on twitter M-W as that might be the only access I have to the outside world.

I have filed a police report and emailed the event coordinator to see if he'd send an email out to the attendees to see if anyone saw anything or if anyone wants to confess.

Insurance will cover all but the deductible, it's just all a pain in the gulliver.
  6. rico2072

rico2072 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very sorry to hear. I really have no words for you right now.
    I have a few for the idiot who did this, but I won't share them right now.
  7. Traveller13

Traveller13 Cptn. Fluffy

Oddometer:
    Picked up this thread from a bike forum here in Oz, epic ride and insightful views on the world we live in, thanks AH for a memorable story and to show that a tour can be undertaken on any bike if you have the sac to do it. Riding motor bikes has changed my life and the views I have on many facets of said life and I loved the clarity of thought ideal as this is exactly how I feel when I ride.

Cheers and keep riding brother.
  8. M0t0Rider

M0t0Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did u park it between 2 parallel parked cars?

Was is parked in its own spot or did u try sneaking it between 2 cars to save space?
  9. Rinty

Rinty Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry to see this, Anti; that's terrible.

Take lots of pictures in good light, before the repairs are done, just in case you ever decide to sell it.
  10. Platinumgrit

Platinumgrit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ... words fail me in expressing how sorry I am to see your bike like that :(
  11. fifthcircle

fifthcircle Beer Knurd

Oddometer:
    So that's what the bottom of a Panigale looks like..... :hide

Too soon? :dunno
    :lol3

Seriously though, that sucks. I would assume the whomever backed into it, simply didn't know they did it, and that's why they didn't stay to make it right. Might as well think positively about the shit situation eh?
  12. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:

They had to. It wasn't just a tipover. The bike hit hard enough to bend the clip - and the kickstand. They'd have to have had a pretty high BAC to not notice.

But you're funny....it is too soon, but I've had a good day. Check out twitter for the updates....beat, hitting the sack, long day tomorrow. Surreal.
  13. ducnut

ducnut Long timer

Oddometer:
    You're Ducati royalty! :lol3
  14. M0t0Rider

M0t0Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ...LOL..I have been ignored...:1drink
  15. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not intentionally! My bad, man.

There was a good 10-12 feet in between two cars that I pulled into. I planted myself right in the middle so another car couldn't try to squeeze in on either side. With that much space I figured what could go wrong....
  16. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Off to COTA! Shuttle leaves in 5!
  17. marshy19

marshy19 Georgia Clay

Oddometer:
  18. RxZ

RxZ Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer:
    Looks like a good start to your time in Austin. I just "followed" you on Twitter as well, you have some good stuff there! Have fun with the rest of your time in Texas!
  19. Blader54

Blader54 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Haven't checked in much since the ride ended so am a little late to express my sadness and regret that the Duc was smacked around by some drunken/idiot cager. Terrible, terrible, terrible. I'm sure it will be sad to see any part of her replaced after all you've been through together. You'll have her fixed and put this behind you, after all you're AH! Have fun at the event!
  20. Pepemoto

Pepemoto Road-slicer

Oddometer:
    Hope your bike's ok as well as you. It had happened to me before and got riled up so bad. *sign*

Anyway, I have a feeeeeeling Ducati will beckon you to Italy if they're secretly building a big Sport Tourer. (U never know!)