AR-NWA ADV BS thread

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by Elvis70, Mar 27, 2009.

1. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    yeah awesome ride you did there..I did warn you abt the mud=dum and glad you faired well there..looked like you had a good time!
  2. ericdb7g

ericdb7g Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks! And hey let me tell ya, I was hitting western OK and realized it was getting muddier as I went along. I remember thinking "crap, I think it was Doc who said if it's muddy to just hit the highway for a bit."

Well towards the end of the mud it was getting worse and worse and I was thinking I probably should have dodged that whole area! But I made it through after scraping mud out from my front sprocket cover and swingarm/rear shock about 4 times :) It was worth it!
  3. Dragon43

Dragon43 If you insist.

Oddometer:
    Said the spider to the fly. :deal
  4. wayno

wayno Long timer

Oddometer:
    Weird how on the new to me old bike vibrates like hell on the seat :huh but not much comes thru the handle bars, although my hands did swell after taking it for the damn MO. inspection.....no grips yet tho
    Bout ready to bring to Ar.
    And no not to :freaky......:lol3
  5. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    any of you fucktards been watching the world cup? You might like this! :rofl

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/Yf_puN-S5OM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/Yf_puN-S5OM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  6. mouthfulloflake

mouthfulloflake Not afraid

Oddometer:
    man I slept too late, literally just got out of bed, I guess I missed all of the secret rides today.

I must be getting old it has occurred to me , that occasionally sleep > riding.

On the other hand though, its very convenient to roll out of bed and eat lunch.
    :rofl
  7. MartiniUp

MartiniUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    That new photo sure brings back some memories. Good times, safer times! :thumb
  8. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    how are you feelin? better it seems..that cudda been real ugly..you got off real lucky!
  9. MartiniUp

MartiniUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thank you I appreciate that. Things are better but it will be a while. Trauma Doc says that cutting the passage for the lung tube between the ribs and the internal bruising caused by forcing the tube in takes time to heal. Only one rib broken but aggravated an old shoulder injury, entire left side reluctant to move. Considering everything I am very lucky. Sure hope all the fellas up there are progressing well.
  10. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    bad enuff that you busted a rib or two, but to have another humanbein go in to cause more damage just to save your life, well, that means it's gonna be a long slow process before you can laff, cough or sneeze again! :ksteve

even try'n to squeeze out a fart hurts..am sure you know this now :rofl
  11. MartiniUp

MartiniUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't make me laugh Doc,,,,,,,PLEASE!!!
  12. k1w1t1m

k1w1t1m Kiwi

Oddometer:
    If you want farts, I've got a dog I can send your way. :evil
  13. mdawg12

mdawg12 Old and Slow

Oddometer:
    OK. Keep breaking turn signals on front. I have these flat adhesive ones left over. Thinking about mounting them on hand guard. What do you think? High or low be better protected? I'm thinking low. Hitting low hanging branches on top.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Or maybe high???? Let's see - hit brush and small trees - bend down and go under scraping bottom side.....may have answered my own question.
  14. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    How bout stop running into shit! :lol3
  15. tokyoklahoma

tokyoklahoma 75%has been 25%wanabe

Oddometer:
    Yeah Doc the diving/flopping whateveryawantocallit pisses me off. :topes

If I were the official, I would give them a "delay of game" penalty. :deal
    They need to play with the rules we used in Jr. High, "no blood-no foul".:1drink

Of course we "International Men of Mystery" (or is that Misery :lol3) are watching World Cup. :freaky
  16. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:
    Mike I tried those on my DRZ. If you crash and the handguard move the wires get broken. If you do it that way leave a loop of wire to allow for the guards to move. My vote is wherever they are most visible.
  17. mdawg12

mdawg12 Old and Slow

Oddometer:
    I'm not that good...:D

We old blind guys hit shit! :gerg
  18. mdawg12

mdawg12 Old and Slow

Oddometer:

Good advice. Bout the same visibility either way. Actually the dang things are pretty bright! They came with the Tusk kit and was supposed to be on the rear. Oleary gave me a better set to use on the back. I had these left over - so what the heck - If they last one ride nothing lost but the time to mount them.
  19. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  20. MartiniUp

MartiniUp Long timer

Oddometer: