GS's that suck

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by nachtflug, Apr 26, 2004.

1. gary5410

gary5410 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :huh :huh :huh I tried the "night thing" last year........didn't work for me!

#243 Page 17
    [​IMG]

:loco
    Where's the consistency?? :ear
  2. MikeO

MikeO Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    You're not getting this, are you?

:rofl
  3. Barrie

Barrie n00b

Oddometer:
    What a sad boy you are nachtflug,
    It's the singer, not the song!
    Barrie.
  4. iillyyaa

iillyyaa Adwrenchurer!

Oddometer:
    On the contrary, he's quite cheerful. Besides, just think about it: if it weren't for 'flug, we would have never seen pics like this:

[​IMG]

So, it all depends on your perspective. Wouldn't you agree?
    --
    Ilya

P.S.: Holly $hiT, I just noticed that there's a hot babe in that picture! Bonus!!! :lol3
  5. DoctorIt

DoctorIt vrooom!

Oddometer:
    Did someone say something? :dunno
  6. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    I still remember the dream there...

I've never rid a GS12. I'm starting to realize I probably never will. Why? they suck. Whoever OK'd those tank wing things should be made to wear one as a hat to remind himself how stupid he and they are. I know the GS12's are lighter and quicker than the 1150's but so are 490 Maicos and I've yet to ride one of those. But Nachtflug, the GS12 is-

Nay stay your tounge.

The GS12 Adventure will be the bottom line. The mulligan. They put those stupid wing things on the 1200 Adventure I hope nobody buys them and the Red Sox win the series again.

GS12 tank wings suck almost as much as Buells.

I sometimes think if I had the notion to change my screen name from Nachtflug to something else, the something else would be "someguyonags"

Wow, some guy on a GS just went flying by.

Who was that? I don't know, some guy on a GS.

It could become a catch phrase, like the Harley riders all call each other bro.

We could call each other someguyonags. quietly. with our helmets on. full face helmets. helmet laws suck and so does Herman Edwards.

Nice picture jetblast. Your bike does not suck.

next.
  7. iillyyaa

iillyyaa Adwrenchurer!

Oddometer:
    Sounds a lot like "someguywhonags" :dunno
    --
    someguywhoalsonags
  8. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Flug,
    Remember a little while back you had your tank off to get at the fuel filter and you were scratchin' your head wondering WTF? Well, on the 12GS, all you need to do to get the fuel filter or pump is to remove those side covers that you hate so much. As far as I can tell, the tank dudn't even need to come off the bike...

One of these days, at some rally or other, get your butt onto the BMW test fleet and try the 12GS, you'll wonder how you can still ride the 1150.. I had mine for 2 years and I was curious about the 12, but had no intentions of buying it.. taking a test ride was a bad move.. bye bye 1150, hello my new baby 12! The love affair continues :rabia :lol3
  9. DoctorIt

DoctorIt vrooom!

Oddometer:
    Gadget boy is going on my ignore list. I was in love with my HB bags until he came along, and now he's gonna make me want an R12GS. Been nice knowin' you GB, see ya! :wave
  10. iillyyaa

iillyyaa Adwrenchurer!

Oddometer:
    I rode the 12. I liked the engine, liked the handling, the ergonomics could easily be adjusted so I'd like it too. Yet I am still quite happy with my 1150 Adventure and have no plans of switching. Just the mere fact that there's something out there that's arguably better than what I have, doesn't mean I need to have it instead. I must be weird...
    :jump
    --
    Ilya

PS: Yes, I've ridden the nine-fiddy too. Same story...
  11. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:

:lol3 :lol3 :lol3 :lol3 :lol3 :lol3 :lol3 :lol3 :lol3 :lol3 :lol3 :lol3 :lol3

Ilya,
    You're not weird.... you're just not afflicted with multiple bike disorder.. where you become a bike whore and jump from bike to bike and start adding bikes to the stable till SWMBO starts hinting that that garage looked less cluttered when you only had one! :evil
  12. gary5410

gary5410 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nachtflug,
    This is the best "eye candy" I could find to grace (no offense intended to GSGirl & my beautiful wife, remember this is "eye candy" for 'Flug) my GS and I think it justifies one more time at bat! Michelle Smith, host of Speed Channel's American Thunder sitting on my GS.......now ......c'mon 'flug.......whatta ya think??? She even put on an outfit that matches my GS. :huh
    Gary

[​IMG]
  13. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    :drif

Jim :brow
  14. PawnBroker

PawnBroker Banned

Oddometer:
    WoW, that describes me to a T. Now all I have to do is build another garage and SWMBO will be off my back. :evil

PB :thumb
  15. AKBMW

AKBMW Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG],
  16. AKBMW

AKBMW Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG],
  17. AKBMW

AKBMW Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG],
  18. Deuce

Deuce Crazy Canuck

Oddometer:
    Vancouver Island, Bitchin' Columbia, Canada
  19. iillyyaa

iillyyaa Adwrenchurer!

Oddometer:
    :huh I actually thought that I WAS afflicted with multiple bike syndrome, just a different strain than the one you're referring to. My garage is packed to capacity with various 2-wheel contraptions. It's just that for me to fall in love with a bike, it requires owning it for a while, getting to know it and having it take me through many memorable experiences, not taking a brand new one out for a test ride.

Loyalty? I don't think it's loyalty. It's just that with time I grow comfortable with things that surround me, and then have a difficult time letting go. It's same with my old friends, with housewares, tools. Just a trait of character, I guess.
    --
    Ilya

20. kildala2000

kildala2000 The GS Store.

Oddometer:
    Hey AKBMW,
    Your in my neck of the woods. :D I love those roads and those are great pictures.

Ride Safe,
    Thanks for sharing.
    Rick :D

][​IMG],[/QUOTE]