Need help on Sun Pass

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by wizze, Feb 22, 2013.

1. wizze

wizze Wizze = Wise

Oddometer:
    Been reading about Sun Pass but they don't work for bikes but there has to be a way. Any other info I should know about them like tricks or do's/don't

We are coming in from PA to do Bike week and then head down into Key West. I've been living shitty weather so lets hope your luck down there is better.
  2. afm10

afm10 Malcontent

Oddometer:
    SunPass works fine on bikes. I use both the older "box" size transponder with the light and signal and the newer smaller rectangle shaped one. Either on the windscreen with suction cups or in a clear tankbag pocket facing up is good. The only one that doesn't work is the little windshield sticker transponder. It uses the glass as a antenna and that means it's no good on a bike.
    When you purchase the transponder and activate it you will need to add the vehicles it will be used with to the account. Like me I have multiple vehicles registered to one unit. They go by make, model and license plate number of the vehicle so even if the toll booth doesn't read your transponder the photo of your plate/vehicle will verify that you have an account and you're good to go.
  3. FL Pepper

FL Pepper OMGWTFFTW

Oddometer:
  4. wizze

wizze Wizze = Wise

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info guys. So much for all the "experts" telling me everything I need to know. The Toll by Plate sounds like the way to go. They have been talking about doing it here in PA but we just got cable TV so it takes awhile. :lol3
  5. acejones

acejones Long timer

Oddometer: