2013 Ktm 690 Enduro R

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by lhanson, Nov 13, 2012.

1. lhanson

lhanson Adventurer

Oddometer:
  2. wsmc831

wsmc831 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Probably be the same as 2012 enduro r sold in the states.
  3. lhanson

lhanson Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ill be so bummed if there isnt any "upgrades" on 2013 because all the 2012s just got blown out for $9500!
  4. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here's your upgrade: MSRP $13,199 :lol3
  5. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 The only easy day was yesterday...

Oddometer:
    :huh

$13 large for a dirt bike?
  6. modeselector

modeselector Common as muck

Oddometer:
    He's :csm you
  7. lhanson

lhanson Adventurer

Oddometer:
    He better be :csm me. Ha I can justify 9500 max but the 10300 current msrp is outta control.
  8. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
  9. MrHix

MrHix Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The only changes I can see don't seem to make sense: 8 lbs lighter and seat height 1" lower??? I think KTM would have highlighted both of these items.

Cheers,

MrHix
  10. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    Even a 500EXCR is over 10 grand out the door by a ways,stands to reason a 690 might cost more.
    Good bikes are expensive.
  11. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm in mine $13400 including T&L, all the farkles like luggage, comfort items and new riding gear. :D

That's about a grand more than I put into my 950 back in 2004. Heck the real KTM dirt bikes are only a few hundred less than the 690. It's a bargain! :lol3
  12. wsmc831

wsmc831 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm a bit less, but bought mine used. What I found is that a few years ago they couldn't sell the enduro's, now in the last year they've become very popular (according to local dealer as well). Three of us rented them in Costa Rica for a week last year, and all own one now, and local dealer basically has his sold before they arrive.

Get to do it all again with a 500 soon, fortunately they have as good or better rack options and plenty of stuff to throw on.
  13. lhanson

lhanson Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I find it hard to believe that they have become popular because all I see are drzs rolling around. I rarely see a ktm 690 enduro rolling around north county. Maybe I should be looking for an out of state 2012 and crating it back to CA?
  14. wsmc831

wsmc831 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I bought mine in April. There were 2 or 3 in Socal, new at the time, dealers wanted nearly 13k out the door. I found a 2010 with low miles in Bellingham, WA. Friend bought one 2 weeks later, and the only one in the pacific nw for sale was a new 12, 11k+ out the door. Most dealers were only ordering 1, maybe 2 at the time per year.

Looks like there are several used ones in Socal currently.

They will never be as popular as a 400 because most people don't want to spend that much, and Ktm doesn't make that many.

The fact they didn't bring in an SMC, and with it being so easy to throw a set of 17's on them certainly made them more desireable.

Can't imagine this one will last even though it's an 09 and he has it listed as 08.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/3402247988.html
  15. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    Last February the buzz was that KTM would only ship a few 690's and only to buyers with deposits. This alarmed me so I ordered a bike with a deposit, but didn't get one in the first wave. I worried that I might not get one at all for a while. But the bike came in early May and all was good. I called every KTM dealer in New England and upstate New York. Only two offered me a slight discount for a cash purchase. And BTW, the only dealers who could sell the 690R were 'street' dealers. This probably added to scarcity.

I don't know why you never see any 690's in your hood, but it probably has something to do with the low production run and release to KTMUSA. Meanwhile, they been making DRZ's forever...

To me the 2012 KTM 690 was reconcieved as a more street friendly motorcycle over earlier versions. I think it is successful in that way. Sort of the KTM version of a KLR...:D

The new fuel injected 350 and 500 EXC dual sports are more of a hard enduro. KTM has developed a very good collection of offerings I think. But they are all expensive.
  16. lhanson

lhanson Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I saw that one a while back. Good price but I want the newer 690 motor 2012+. Im getting ready to put a deposit down this next week. Hopefully the 2013 get here in a couple of months Im going stir crazy. Desert season will be on its way out.

Yea I plan to put 17in wheels on it for commuting. Fingers crossed.
  17. lhanson

lhanson Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thats what has made it so difficult. So far the 690 has been the ticket for me. Commute weekly to weekend enduro so cal dezert toy to CO/northern CA enduro trail bike. Gahhhhhhhh whyyyyyy
  18. ramjet

ramjet Long timer

Oddometer:
    Then drop $2000 + for full Akra exhaust and some carbon fiber heat shields and you can have a big hole in your ass (where your wallet used to be) just like me! Ouch. More than I paid for my Ducati system (I think I have a hole in my head too). Sure sounds sweet though and power up.
  19. jcarlson9

jcarlson9 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    so how many miles will the 690 motor go with out a top end rebuild or complete overhaul ? 25k,35k ??
  20. LukasM

LukasM Long timer

Oddometer:
    On a RTW ride - currently touring the U.S.
    No easy answer on that one because there isn't enough long term experience yet and it depends on how you ride and maintain it.

I'd say if you baby it and you are lucky, 50k.

If you flog it, maybe 30k?