1. AZ TOM

AZ TOM Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Started off to do a loop, Prescott to Lake Pleasant ,Wikenberg, Big-E's secret trail back up the hill & home. Started off well.
    [​IMG]
    Maggie Mine Rd a little more interesting than in the past.
    [​IMG]

Rockspring to top off & then hit the Gas Line Rd.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well somewhere along this stretch I hit a rock that I thought must have bent the frame. A little farther down the trail I stoped & as the bike was leaning over I noticed something drippig out. Looked like gas & stoped when the bike was uprite. Went across & got on 74 to Lake Pleasant turn off & up onto Castle Hot Springs rd. Stopped to get a drink & saw leaking again. Felt it & oh no it's oil. Couldn't see where it was coming from. Turned around & took 74 to the 60 . Got off & lots of oil everywhere. Dropped the skid plate & I hear this bike pull up & this guy says do you need any help. A 78 year old guy named Tom on a restored 70 Beemer. We can't see where the leak is & he says I live just a mile back on Castle Hot Springs RD, the one on the west side & why don't I come to his place & we can take a look. I follow him over to his house, sorry not any pics. at this point. I had added a small flap to my skid plate for better protection & bolted it on the plate & when I hit the rock it flexed enough & the bolt poked a hole in my case:eek1 He said he was a retired welder & if we could get it off he could weld it up,WOW! He had not run the welder in 9 years & could't get the gas flowing, so over to a friends house we went & Glen also had a welder that he had not used in 7 years, but it worked & Tom welded it up, we got it all back together & I was home just before 11:00 PM. Cold ride home BURRRR! Any way just another incredibly lucky moment in my charmed life. What goes around comes around but I always seem to have more come my way.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tom's place & a really neat old Dodge truck he restored.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. 4play

4play Next?

Oddometer:
    Nice! :clap
  3. rattlecan

rattlecan Caffeine Driven

Oddometer:
    Good job getting yourself home Tom. :D
  4. Cannabinoid

Cannabinoid Banned

Oddometer:
    Nice story. Restores ones hope in our people. Pay it forward! Glad you got home on two wheels.
  5. refokus

refokus Hmmmmmm Supporter

Oddometer:
    Tom, I am glad to see that you were able to get some help. :thumb
  6. Slowred

Slowred Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great story Tom! Lots of good Karma. :clap

What's that saying? You meet the nicest people on a Honda.
  7. DurtKlod

DurtKlod Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice! Last time I was down the gas line road was... uhm... when was that... oh, it was with you the first day after you had reinstalled your new clutch!

Sure wish I was right there with you but I had a whole house full of people yesterday.
  8. AZ TOM

Oddometer:
    Yes the infamous Revloc that caused me to have a motor needing a top end sitting on a shelf in my garage. Always welcome your company. Happy day ater Thanksgiving.:D
  9. kbblue

kbblue mmmm... dirt...

Oddometer:
    What you give comes back. Nice truck. I like the matching cooler in back. Glad it turned into a good story.
  10. fuggy

fuggy Canyon Explorer

Oddometer:
    Good Karma would have been not puncturing the case in the first place. :lol3

Finding a guy with a welder in BFE is called Divine Intervention. :evil
  11. Nightstalker

Nightstalker YO BUDDYPAL!

Oddometer:
    Long day! Good luck for you running into that Tom guy!
  12. BIG-E

BIG-E AKA; Mongo-E, Sexy Grande Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am gonna have to NOT show you guy's anymore of my "seacricket" trails anymoe!!:lol3

Glad it all worked out well Uncle Tom!!

Be careful out there, motorcycles are dangerious!! Or so I have herd!!:roflmoo..........:deal
  13. AZ TOM

Oddometer:
  14. scottcolbath

scottcolbath Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Tom, I'm pretty sure I know both Tom and Glenn. Tom's BMW has a later model engine shoved into it, right? And Glenn....Big, bearded dude with a GS and I think a Harley, correct?

I met Tom several years ago when I saw an ad for a Ducati for sale. I went for a look but never bought the bike. It was his son's and it needed a bunch of work. We hung out a couple of times after that. Nice guy.

And that house of his is cool, no?

Glenn's wife is the butcher at the local Bashas in Wickenburg. She sold us a horse once.

S.C.
  15. theGrinch

theGrinch SNF Dream Riders

Oddometer:
    This is a better "Karma" story.

:thumb

16. AZ TOM

Oddometer:
    Right on, thats the guys. Great folks, really saved my butt!!:D Glen now has two Harleys one's his wifes, 2 KLR's & a GS?
  17. dunerat

dunerat WTF? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Agreed