Lobsters to Llamas, Maritimes to Argentina

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Kedgi, Oct 7, 2012.

1. bESS

bESS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Kedgi:

so sorry about your Dad. Like you I was not close to my Dad but I do feel sad once in a while. When you are young you don't realize all of life's challenges and how they struggled to keep you warm and fed. All you remember is that they weren't there

any idea when you are coming home ? I may be in NB next summer and you are an inspiration

bob
  2. dbmet

dbmet Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Beer Purchased for you!! Drink one while thinking of your Dad!!!
  3. QCRider

QCRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    .. How about a Tim Hortons ?!? :wink:

I bet you're missing (craving) it by now, don't you?? :evil

Ride safe!
  4. Kedgi

Kedgi Banned

Oddometer:

Thanks bESS, you're very kiind. I'll be in NB next ssummer, I will be disappointed if you don't drop by. We have a spare room and you're more than welcome. Please PM me with your info and I'll do the same.

Dwight
  5. Kedgi

Kedgi Banned

Oddometer:

Thank you, very nice!
  6. Kedgi

Kedgi Banned

Oddometer:
    I'm personally not so much of a Tim's guy, I have one of those K-cup things at home, but I'll bet if they started building them here they would absolutely take off!

I love cafe in the morning. I'm waiting for everyone to get up so I can have one. Little Jerry the cat came running and crying this morning. I picked him up. put him in my lap and he's been here for an hour. I was going to write some more but Jerry is a little jealous of the computer.I put him down for a minute while I went to my cabana and he cried until I picked him up and put him in my lap again. He's a little tiger striped guy, can't weigh more than about 4 pounds. What a life he must lead with all the dogs around here.

I do not understand how cats know I like cats but they come to me almost instantly. Dogs bark and snap at me and cats love me. I have no idea why. Jerry is curled up having a nap on my lap, but he doesn't purr. Animals kind of get treated like animals a lot down here but Jerry and Simba are well cared for. I saw Andreas giving them Ritz crackers yesterday. Who knew cats eat Ritz?
    Simba the little chihuahua would look at Jeery's cracker, because Jerry is slower eating, and Andreas would tell him...NO. When Jerry would finish his, then and only then would they both get another.
  7. Kedgi

Kedgi Banned

Oddometer:
    WARNING

IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH DO NOT READ THESE PARAGRAPHS

I was starting to post yesterday when I got a message from Pavel and Mehai, the two Montreal inmates, that they were right down the beach, my computer battery was pretty much done so I went to find them. It was HOT, like 33 degrees, smoking hot on the sand, so I decided to walk down the road instead of the beach. It's about 3/4 of a mile down to where the boys were staying.

I walked, looked around, saw some stuff I hadn't seen and then I came upon this Mexican couple and they were looking at a dog, lying in the shade. Then I noticed something was very wrong with the dog. His rear end was all out of shape with a big bone stretching his skin way up and out of shape. He had obviously been struck by a car and was lying there, calmly, dying.

I looked at him and said to them, "poor thing" The Mexican gentleman repeated my English, "poor thing" There was NOTHING we could do. After what happened to my Dad I did not need to see this. I could not take a photo to show you, I couldn't bear to look any more and I walked on.....Dear God!
  8. Kedgi

Kedgi Banned

Oddometer:
    The ride from Oaxca to Zipolite is a hell of a rdie. So twisty you have to wonder how they ever dreamed of builing a road through those mountains. Haipins, climbs, descents, no shoulder no guardrail, rough pavement, no warning signs, or very few. I laughed out loud when i saw a yellow sign (the first one I saw in about 90 miles of Camino Sinuoso) warning of a curve ahead. hahahaha.

there are not many places to stop and take a picture, just nowhere, so the few I got really don't show the most beautiful parts. Steep green valleys, houses built on ridgelines like a giant's staircase, tiny tiendas (stores) and comedors (small restaurants) clinging to cliff sides. Abslolutely wonderful

[​IMG]

You would not want to go flying into these weeds

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Average pavement but it gets a lot rougher

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This memorial to a yong man was in a hairpin with a huge rock wall. The candle was lit even though this was in what seemed to be a very remote spot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Check out the view from this restaurant!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. Kedgi

Kedgi Banned

Oddometer:
    I started to get close to the shore, as I descended it got warm, then hot! 100 degrees hot

I met this man and asked directions about the beaches. I had heard of Zipolite all my life and I tried to find out where it is, It's not on my map or GPS

He gave me directions told me it was 15kms, then he saw my licence plate! Canada on the MOTO? Si! "GUSTO" he said.

[​IMG]
  10. Kedgi

Kedgi Banned

Oddometer:
    I found Zipolite! Paradise!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My $8/night Cabana

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jerry at first I thought it was Gary but now I think his name is Jerry

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jerry watching the Sunset

[​IMG]

Sebastian

[​IMG]

What can I say?

[​IMG]

We ere sitting here listening to Pink Floyd in the shade on the deck as I post this. Goosebumps!
  11. Kedgi

Kedgi Banned

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Juan from Mexico City was staying in the hotel (he left last night) we went for a walk on the beach at 6:30 in the morning. A real gentleman. We stopped at the church so he could say his morning prayer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do you like Zipolite?
  12. Kedgi

Kedgi Banned

Oddometer:
    To be accurate, this first couple shots above with the Launchas (Boats) and the wharf are where I first hit the beach. I think that's Peurto Angel but I'm not sure. I had Zipolite on my mind but I was stoked. I have ridden Trusty now from Labrador to Mexico's Pacific Coast:photog

I have to ride over to Peurto Angel today to go to the bank machine. A friend I met here, Judy who is from Vancouver, but lives and works here asked if she can hitch a ride to town and she will show me were to go

I have a lot more to post but my computer battery is dying again. I have to go plug it in for a while.

Stay tuned......

Kedgi
  13. bESS

bESS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    <b>Kedgi:</b>

YES, never heard of Zipolite before but from your photos it looks like a very nice place to stay. And only $8. for a Cabana . You are living the good life. Those Cabanas on the stilts look interesting too

You have the beach nearly to yourself. You are in Paradise

bob
  14. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Another Maritimer subscribed for the ride. Great report thus far.

My condolences on your Dad. I hope sunnier days follow the rest of your travels.
  15. yellowknife

yellowknife Is In Canada

Oddometer:
    thumbs up ...

Best $8 ever spent to stay in paradise i reckon.

YK
  16. eeltruk

eeltruk n00b

Oddometer:
    Wife and I have been following the ride and love the reports. We just read the news, and wanted to offer our condolences on your dads passing. Our thoughts are with you.

Kurt and Anita
  17. Kedgi

Kedgi Banned

Oddometer:
    I I gotta get outa here. This place will suck you right in. You can stay here for almost nothing for weeks if you want, but I'm on a mission and my Mexican Moto insurance expires in a few days.

Never in my life have I been to a place, I so, did not want to leave

Andreas, his wife Tomasa, absolutely awesome.

Marshall, Jason and i were talking today about how hard it is to do anything. I have all day to post but I cannot get it done. It is so much easier to sit, listen to Andreas' great stereo, wonderful music, watch the waves and do nothing.

I never went to town today. Too Hot! I saw Judy and she had forgotten anyway. No worries, Its all good. I just gotta tear myself away. I still have pictures to post of the Montreal inmates, and the Idaho inmate. It will happen.....Manana!
  18. Kedgi

Kedgi Banned

Oddometer:
    I'm glad you're along for the ride and thanks

It wonderful to have dedicated readers. It makes it easier to post. It must have been 100 degrees again today. And Andreas has the stereo cranked tonight with Carlos Santana WOW!

Warm, warm air off the Pacific

More fun than human beings should be allowed to have!

Kedgi
  19. Kedgi

Kedgi Banned

Oddometer:

Awesome! glad you're on board

and

Thank You very much!
  20. Hevy Kevy

Hevy Kevy ADDRider

Oddometer:
    I'm havin' a beer reading your report tonight and thinking what a treat it is to read the writing of someone with passion. You are absolutely rockin' it dude! Travelling changes you fundamentally. I've been addicted to adventure travelling by backpack for 35 years and your mention of a $8.00 beach hut sent me back to Thailand, mid eighties. My passion is China, I've been probably 15-16 times now, I buy stuff to sell, send it home and just get off the beaten track. Hence my Shanghai to Lhasa or bust motto. It's coming soon, but not on my DL1000. Speaking of bikes, I've gotta think a DL650 VStrom would be great, super value, super reliable.... but I've settled on a GS800 for my next bike. Guest room is always open to travellers, the Great Lakes region has awesome riding!:clap:clap:clap