NY motorcyclists vs. SUV Merged Threadfest

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by shipwrek12001, Sep 30, 2013.

1. DudeClone

DudeClone Long timer

Oddometer:
    or maybe you can't trump up charges just because a person brake checks someone? i mean when he did that he had no knowledge of what was to happen, and may have had no real malicious intent. he was riding in a gorup and cut someone off. this sounds like a misdemeanor to me. anything else has to be proven in court. i don't believe Cruz was involved in anything else illegal that day besides riding illegally, if he was? and he is not any sort of gang leader or anything so what sort of "cooperating" might you think he is doing to "get off" with a misdemeanor? i doubt he has any useful or credible knowledge which would cause authorities to play nice with him

he certainly did not drag anyone out of a truck and beat them, and told no one to do so. did he even chase down the SUV? i don't think he did

so, how much of a Nanny State spanking should he get? its not up to the law to teach life lessons, and i rather they not by over charging people in this or any other case. its the law which punishes and brings justice for victims. in this case the punishment need fit the crime of each individual imo

Cruz cut off an SUV and may have been an unlicensed rider. pretty sure thats it
  2. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    #1 they can and do trump up charges all the time.

#2 knowledge and malicious intent are not really elements of a crime that need to be proven. Deliberately restraining someone's movement, is false imprisonment, kinda by definition.

#3 Reckless Driving, speeding, improper lane change, lane sharing, And I dunno, how about improperly installing a speed bump on an interstate without a proper permit & littering!:deal
  3. Bt10

Bt10 Long timer

Oddometer:
  4. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
  5. Wraith Rider

Wraith Rider Banned

Oddometer:
    How can you know it wasn't a big ATV?
  6. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    What difference does it make? Still better with beer.
  7. garandman

garandman Wandering Minstrel

Oddometer:
    Some friends have been inspired by this incident - for Halloween costumes!
  8. Montague

Montague UDF Adventurer

Oddometer:
    an alternate universe, much better than yours
    Like this one?

[​IMG]
  9. Petzl

Petzl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  10. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
  11. Wraith Rider

Wraith Rider Banned

Oddometer:
    @xymotic
    since you suggested it, you should know - and tell us - the difference
  12. SilkMoneyLove

SilkMoneyLove Long timer

Oddometer:
  13. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did that make sense in your head when you typed it out?
  14. Wraith Rider

Wraith Rider Banned

Oddometer:
    Go big or go home were your words, so you should know the difference instead of asking me to tell you.
  15. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:

If you're going to be a hooligan you might as well ALSO be drunk. Was that too hard a concept for you to grasp? And seriously, do you have something to actually say because I don't understand at all what this means:

"since you suggested it, you should know - and tell us - the difference"

You've still given absolutely no context, it's like four incomplete sentences in one. Are you trying to write a haiku or something? Seriously, what the hell are you on about?:huh AND... not for nothing but you replied to a post I'd made about the cops shoulda hit a couple skaters with a Bat. What's that got to do with my 'go big' comment about the dude riding an ATV on the street drunk?
  16. Rakthi

Rakthi So what happens next?

Oddometer:
    Ignore him, you're wasting your time answering him. He will never give you a decent reply. Seems he purposely misunderstands and answers accordingly.
  17. Wraith Rider

Wraith Rider Banned

Oddometer:
    The context is your own post about ATV and being drunk. It's not my fault if you don't understand your own posts as soon as someone refers to them.

Oh and the ATV rider wasn't fined for being a hooligan, only for being under the influence of alcohol - if that's a sentence you are able to understand.
  18. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Um, he was ARRESTED, for riding an ATV on the Street While ALSO being drunk. Because like I said he went 'all in' like a true genius.

7 arrested, dozens ticketed, but one guy was a little extra special. He turned the volume up to 11. Because that's obviously better than just having the volume at "max" Right?:drums:dj:super <- Movie reference, do I need to explain that to you as well?

If you had actually referred to that post instead of the one about the bat I might have had a chance of understanding what you were even referring to, but in point of fact you've still never asked a question or made a lucid comment. You just seem pissed off for some reason, I guess I'm still at a loss as to WTF exactly your issue with the original comment was? Why do I need to explain a humorous comment to you? Oh, right, because you think he should be ALLOWED to drive an off-road vehicle, without heeding speed limits, while drunk. So you think I'm the jerk for laughing at idiots like that. OK, my bad. <- that's sarcasm in case I needed to explain that too
  19. Earth Rider

Earth Rider Long timer

Oddometer:
    know the difference in what? who asked you anything? this shit is bewildering.
  20. Wraith Rider

Wraith Rider Banned

Oddometer:
    Link says he operted an ATV and was charged for riding under the influence of alcohol.

"as well" implies you'd to explain to me anything at all. You're completely wrong here.

Please, only because you are pissed, don't ass-u-me I am too.

In short for the simple minded? What's your problem with ATVs? (as in "if you ride an ATV you can ride drunk a well, doesn't matter anymore" if you don't remember the context...)